• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,013 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 25 June 2017 - 01:49 PM

So, my wife and I ended up buying a security camera after months of having things stolen from our front yard area, having our flowers cut, and even the bulb from our porch light stolen.  We even noticed today that some colorful fake mushrooms that we bought a couple months back were cracked either by a baseball bat or hammer.  Our next door neighbor says it's the kids from the apartment complex behind us (different landlord), but we think it's the lady who lives across from us in the same complex because we found a few strawberries scattered around our front yard today, along with a piece of plastic that looks like it may have had the strawberries in it...  So...  As a matter of fact, we saw her sitting and talking to our neighbor last night while she, herself, was eating strawberries from a plastic package.

I don't know...  Maybe it isn't her...  But she has been acting strange lately.  And why the heck would she throw strawberries (or drop them) in our yard?  I just think it's funny that we noticed more things broken in our landscaping today than usual, and those strawberries are sitting right there.

Why in the world do people have so much fun breaking and vandalizing other peoples' property?

Posted Image

"Life doesn't get easier...

You just get stronger."

#2 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,579 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 25 June 2017 - 01:53 PM

I think they're just mentally sick.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#3 siguie

siguie

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 02:14 PM

First off good job with the security camera, I think everyone should have them :yes: ... for security is fine BUT you never know when you'll catch something cool or maybe even paranormal.

Is your camera not up yet or was the area just out of view?

If you think it's the woman you may want to make a kind gesture, especially if she's older or a little bit off. Lots of people seem to need an enemy to take their frustrations out on and sometimes they just feel that you slighted them in some way or are even just ignoring them and *BAM* you are the one they need to defeat or atleast pester.

In any event a kind gesture can make a big difference :yes: OR you know video evidence and a call to the police werks too :yes:
- siguie -

#4 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,013 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 25 June 2017 - 02:36 PM

View PostMacCGStudy, on 25 June 2017 - 01:53 PM, said:

I think they're just mentally sick.

I agree...  People can never be happy for other people.  They just love to vandalize.

View Postsiguie, on 25 June 2017 - 02:14 PM, said:

First off good job with the security camera, I think everyone should have them :yes: ... for security is fine BUT you never know when you'll catch something cool or maybe even paranormal.

Is your camera not up yet or was the area just out of view?

If you think it's the woman you may want to make a kind gesture, especially if she's older or a little bit off. Lots of people seem to need an enemy to take their frustrations out on and sometimes they just feel that you slighted them in some way or are even just ignoring them and *BAM* you are the one they need to defeat or atleast pester.

In any event a kind gesture can make a big difference :yes: OR you know video evidence and a call to the police werks too :yes:

We actually just bought the camera today, so we're going to use it from now on.  The whole walkway is in view, and it even has motion detection.  It's also wireless, so if it detects something, we get an email.  And the lady across the way seems to either be going through a rough time, or she doesn't like us.  Plus, ever since I bought my new car recently, she has been even more rude toward us.  Not sure if that's the reason, but it sure seems odd that she would do that out of the blue.  We say hello to her all the time and she never responds.  We know she hears us.  I don't know.  I guess people just show their true colors sooner or later.  Funny thing...  I just remembered...  She has also been acting weird ever since her friends who lived right next door to her got kicked out of the complex because they were ex-convicts and didn't tell the landlord...  Maybe that has something to do with it also.  Either she didn't know they were ex-convicts or she was trying to keep it a secret and she is just mad at the world now....  Who knows...

Posted Image

You just get stronger."

#5 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Wraith

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 25 June 2017 - 03:50 PM

aw, I'm sorry stuff is getting broken. At least with the security footage, you will have evidence that it's not disgruntled lawn gnomes.
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

#6 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,013 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 04:06 PM

View PostMrsFrootloops, on 25 June 2017 - 03:50 PM, said:

aw, I'm sorry stuff is getting broken. At least with the security footage, you will have evidence that it's not disgruntled lawn gnomes.

Lol wouldn't that be interesting evidence?  ^_^

Our next door neighbor says the kids that live behind us have taken things from her landscaping, so they are probably the culprits...  But that still doesn't explain why our colored mushrooms are broken now and half-eaten strawberries were on the ground near them...  I'll be watching for the strawberry lady :investigate:

Posted Image

You just get stronger."

#7 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts
  • Interests:Knowledge Seeker, Astronomy, Music, bLogging, Meditation, The Outdoors, The Beatles, Reading, Writing, Celebrity Grave Hunting, Storm Chasing, The Paranormal (Ghosts & UFO's), Computers, Romance, Travel, Literature & Photography.

Posted 25 June 2017 - 04:41 PM

I'm sorry that this is happening to you.
Hopefully you can catch the perp soon and see him or her marched off to jail.
Posted Image

#8 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 04:53 PM

When you find someone on your property at night, a red laser pointer works wonders...

Edited by CDS, 25 June 2017 - 04:54 PM.

#9 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,013 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 05:35 PM

View PostCaptain Kundalini, on 25 June 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

I'm sorry that this is happening to you.
Hopefully you can catch the perp soon and see him or her marched off to jail.

Thanks CK!

I'm hoping we catch someone in the act.  I'm getting tired of replacing flowers and lawn ornaments :down:

View PostCDS, on 25 June 2017 - 04:53 PM, said:

When you find someone on your property at night, a red laser pointer works wonders...

I hope you don't mean one that is used for target practice ^_^

Posted Image

You just get stronger."

#10 siguie

siguie

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 10:58 PM

View PostMrsFrootloops, on 25 June 2017 - 03:50 PM, said:

OR that it is :yes:

View PostNightWalkerGStudy, on 25 June 2017 - 05:35 PM, said:

I hope you don't mean one that is used for target practice ^_^

My guess is he means for you to entice security kitties into action against the trespassers ... that'll learn 'em :yes:

:bunny:
- siguie -

#11 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Wraith

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 25 June 2017 - 11:09 PM

View Postsiguie, on 25 June 2017 - 10:58 PM, said:

OR that it is :yes:

My guess is he means for you to entice security kitties into action against the trespassers ... that'll learn 'em :yes:

:bunny:
No no no... lol, disgruntled lawn gnomes get into the house and take your left sock. Rabid lawn flamingo's... they are the ones you gotta worry about.

#12 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts
  • Interests:Knowledge Seeker, Astronomy, Music, bLogging, Meditation, The Outdoors, The Beatles, Reading, Writing, Celebrity Grave Hunting, Storm Chasing, The Paranormal (Ghosts & UFO's), Computers, Romance, Travel, Literature & Photography.

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:53 PM

I'm kinda partial to the idea of Security Kitties, myself.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,232 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:39 PM

Who would have suspected this topic would be so fun to follow.  ^_^
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#14 Shawn4233

Shawn4233

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigations, Horror Movies, Music, Traveling, Meeting New People, Sports, Friends, Chatting, Video Games, Concerts, Food, TV, New Experiences, Having A Good Time, Laughing, Making Others Laugh, Helping Others.

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:47 PM

View PostMrsFrootloops, on 25 June 2017 - 11:09 PM, said:

No no no... lol, disgruntled lawn gnomes get into the house and take your left sock. Rabid lawn flamingo's... they are the ones you gotta worry about.

That's why I don't keep either of those in the yard.
Your Leading Gettysburg Paranormal Authority
Twitter: @WinFBLeague

#15 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:18 PM

You should get a camera to watch your front lawn. You can get ones you can even access remotely from your phone. It isn't incredibly cheap but it is reasonable in price.

#16 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:30 PM

Well, I don't use a Security system or a camera for security.
I have a Secret Weapon: The Thing Under The Porch!
Posted Image

#17 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Wraith

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:05 PM

I don't leave anything outside of my apartment. It'd get stolen and sold for drug money.

#18 siguie

siguie

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:18 PM

View Postmoiraesfate, on 26 June 2017 - 06:18 PM, said:

You should get a camera to watch your front lawn. You can get ones you can even access remotely from your phone. It isn't incredibly cheap but it is reasonable in price.

Um I think ~$25 is pretty cheap :yes: It really depends on the resolution you want and if you need night vision, all weather and or IP video.

I live in a good area and I have security cameras inside and out mostly 'cuz I like tech and want to catch ghosts :yes: Yeah some people thought my place might be haunted and I had one book that kept falling to the floor so I put a camera with motion sensor on it. So far nuthin and I even leave my ouija board there in case something wants to spell something out :sigh:

Anywho, IF you have wifi you should have atleast one security camera :yes: especially if you have a smartphone or dumbtablet you might catch a ghost or a naughty pet AND it's just cool :yes:
- siguie -

#19 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,013 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 02:25 AM

View Postmoiraesfate, on 26 June 2017 - 06:18 PM, said:

Way ahead of you :)

We bought a camera that is a little expensive, but it has motion detection, night vision, and audio detection.  It even sends us an email if something is detected and we can watch it from our phones whenever we want.

Posted Image

You just get stronger."

#20 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,579 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 27 June 2017 - 11:06 AM

View PostCaptain Kundalini, on 26 June 2017 - 06:30 PM, said:

Well, I don't use a Security system or a camera for security.
I have a Secret Weapon: The Thing Under The Porch!

CK, I love that. That was so cool.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users