Communication

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 greytruthseeker

greytruthseeker

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:music, books, loving animals, etc...

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:08 AM

Hi Guys,

I know there are people who have the ability to communicate with dead people, spirits, angels etc. But I am interested in communicating with God. I know it seems a silly question to ask. But I am really interested in this. Can anyone guide me?

Anyway people always say the sidewalks are filled with postcards with God. But then, why am I not seeing them. Can someone please enlighten me?

Thanks a bunch :)

Kind regards,
Sarah

#2 Tarinya

Tarinya

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:17 PM

I'm agnostic, so I guess I really can't help. Not sure if if by "sidewalks filled with postcards" you mean something figurative or literal....I assume figurative. I was raised in the church though, and was always told that if you want to talk to God to just pray. That prayer is the gateway to God.

#3 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 03:43 PM

Religion here is taboo, just like politics...

#4 greytruthseeker

greytruthseeker

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:music, books, loving animals, etc...

Posted 11 July 2017 - 06:49 PM

oh okay...

#5 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:07 PM

It's not that we have anything against religions. It's just a rule we have to keep the peace among members around here. We come from all over and believe in many different deities. And the last thing we ever want to do is start a war between everyone.. same goes for politics.

I'm going to give you my answer anyways (because I honestly don't care if I seem crazy lol), Just talk to him, pray, find a church you like.. any of those work. You'll get an answer, it may not be clear, or be very subtle, or you could miss it all together.
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

#6 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,703 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 11 July 2017 - 08:07 PM

I'm not sure that a mention of religion is totally taboo. Personally I didn't have a problem with the post. But what we want to avoid is delving deep into personal beliefs, where someone will start arguing that someone is wrong for believing what they do.

Politics is much more volatile topic these days, just witness social media, so talking about the pros and cons of whatever side you are on is best avoided IMO
Posted Image

#7 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,282 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:28 AM

I hope you find what you are looking for  :)
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#8 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,633 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:48 AM

I agree with Vlawde.... good question, GreyTruthSeeker... let's see where it goes.

For what it's worth, I think God rewards handsomely when we watch out for his children. Touch the lives of others and he will be there for you, GreyTruthSeeker.
As for prayer... I think a once in a while prayer might not always pull a lot of weight. I know when my kids ask me for something, I might be slow to answer if they only ask once or twice. I need to know they are serious, especially if it's a big request! I hope that helps.
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#9 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 09:21 PM

Greytruthseeker, nice to meet you.

I think that we can give you our opinions without getting in too much trouble - if people don't like the topic they might politely move on :)

To me, God is everywhere, and in whatever you do. It's the quiet in the dead of night, the sunrise, the love from a pet or family member, that tells me God is around.

If you meditate, it helps to tone down the noise and gives you more 'space' to hear Him. Try prayer, but if that doesn't feel right to you, try writing :)
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#10 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,633 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:54 PM

Very nice... thanks for posting that, Earthly.  :)
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#11 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:24 PM

Communicating directly with God? An extraordinary question and quest.
As far as I know, only the most chaste people, highly advanced in spiritual disciplines
and highly trained in Prayer and Meditation, mostly known as Saints can do that.
It's not as simple as opening a door and asking, "May I come in?"
It is not a destination. It's a journey which can take a lifetime.
Find a Guru/Guide. Devote yourself. Good luck.

#12 Snickers

Snickers

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:49 PM

I have asked God a question, then lightly flip back and forth the pages of the Bible until my mind wandered and I would just stop on a page without thinking about it, and my answer would be there. For instance, my niece was having a baby that had genetic defects and the doctors recommended an abortion, but she refused. I asked God several times if the baby would be alright, and flipped through the pages of the Bible, but he refused to answer me. Finally, after asking my question  again, I came upon a verse that told be the baby would be fair, and a child of God. When the baby was born, she did have lots of problems and is mentally challenged, but she is very fair, blond, light skin, and she is definitely a child of God. Sometimes he answers me that way, but not always. And not always with the answer that I want. You will know when he speaks to you...
Don't tell me that I didn't see what I saw, or didn't hear what I heard.......Snickers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users