• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts
  • Interests:Knowledge Seeker, Astronomy, Music, bLogging, Meditation, The Outdoors, The Beatles, Reading, Writing, Celebrity Grave Hunting, Storm Chasing, The Paranormal (Ghosts & UFO's), Computers, Romance, Travel, Literature & Photography.

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:46 PM

Jonathan Frid 1

Jonathan Frid 2

Jonathan Frid 3

Ben Cross 1

Ben Cross 2

B
en Cross 3

Alec Newman

J
ohnny Depp
Posted Image

#2 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Wraith

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:00 PM

Pretty cool, I haven't seen the show, but I thought the movie with Johnny Depp was pretty good.
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

#3 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts
  • Interests:Knowledge Seeker, Astronomy, Music, bLogging, Meditation, The Outdoors, The Beatles, Reading, Writing, Celebrity Grave Hunting, Storm Chasing, The Paranormal (Ghosts & UFO's), Computers, Romance, Travel, Literature & Photography.

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:20 PM

View PostMrsFrootloops, on 13 August 2017 - 02:00 PM, said:

Pretty cool, I haven't seen the show, but I thought the movie with Johnny Depp was pretty good.

(sigh) I am very tempted to use the "shi#" word.
That is NOT a good representation of Barnabas Collins. It's the worst.
Dan Curtis the creator, producer and Director of "Dark Shadows" was no doubt spinning in his GRAVE!
I wanted Johnny Depp's legs broken, not to mention those of Tim Burton.
If you want to see and EXPERIENCE "Dark Shadows", the way it SHOULD be, I would recommend
getting the DVD Box Set (Collection 1) or "House of Dark Shadows", the stand alone film.

I want you to PROMISE ME that you will NEVER EVER see another Johnny Depp or Tim Burton film.

It all begins when Willie Loomis goes "treasure hunting" at the Collins Mausoleum at Eagle Hill Cemetery.
Posted Image

#4 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Wraith

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 13 August 2017 - 04:18 PM

You are not the first person to tell me that. i'm sure once I see the show, my opinion will change lol.

Burtons movies haven't been good since the 90's. He uses the same actors repeatedly, even if they don't fit the role.

#5 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 06:15 PM

View PostMrsFrootloops, on 13 August 2017 - 04:18 PM, said:

You are not the first person to tell me that. i'm sure once I see the show, my opinion will change lol.
Burtons movies haven't been good since the 90's. He uses the same actors repeatedly, even if they don't fit the role.

Exactly! He and his troop are finished, washed up, through.
I went into that movie with bad expectations and I was right.
The 2012 version was for laughs. I didn't laugh and neither did anyone else in the theater.
"Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band", "Oh! What a Lovely War" and Tim Burton's "Dark Shadows"
are three of the worst movies ever made.
When you want to make a great movie, you cut out ALL the suckage.
DS joins the ranks of the ones that failed.

What did you think of the film clip above?
Posted Image

#6 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Wraith

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 06:50 PM

I liked the clip, in just those few minutes, everyone was dressed a thousand times more better than the movie people. I'll have to see if I can get the DVD set.

Burton is remaking Dumbo for Disney. That makes me nervous, because Alice in Wonderland sucked.

#7 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 06:57 PM

Say no more. :)

The DVD Collection 1

or

House of Dark Shadows (A stand alone movie)
Posted Image

#8 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:35 PM

I very much enjoyed the one with Ben Cross but the original made me want to pull out my hair with how incredibly sexist it was. The Johnny Depp one is a joke and just like Highlander 2... it never happened. lol Not that I don't like Johnny Depp, I do very much, I just thought that movie was terrible.

#9 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:35 PM

I am like you Mrs Froot. I like the Depp movie too....((((Sorry everyone))))) Maybe if I saw the others first it would have been a different story ;) NOT ;)
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#10 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,564 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:30 AM

Well, the Depp movie was supposed to be campy so it can be forgiven. I've liked Frid's, Cross' and Depp's versions. I've never seen the other guy's version, so I can't comment on that one.

A few months ago, the Decade's channel ran a marathon of Dark Shadows(Frid). It included every episode.

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 15 August 2017 - 01:34 AM.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#11 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:13 PM

View Postmoiraesfate, on 14 August 2017 - 05:35 PM, said:

I very much enjoyed the one with Ben Cross but the original made me want to pull out my hair with how incredibly sexist it was. The Johnny Depp one is a joke and just like Highlander 2... it never happened. lol Not that I don't like Johnny Depp, I do very much, I just thought that movie was terrible.

I must say that Ben Cross was amazing as Barnabas Collins.
I loved the 1991 version.
Posted Image

#12 Amethyst

Amethyst

Official Ghoststudy Psychic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:12 AM

I would rush home from school to watch Johnathan Frid as the original Barnabas Collins in Dark Shadows back in the 60s.

The 60s!   We had all the cool stuff!  These kids now have no clue.

Amethyst
IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED THEN SKYDIVING IS NOT FOR YOU!

ADVICE, WHEN MOST NEEDED, IS LEAST HEEDED

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer it gets to the end the quicker it goes!

"A heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" said the Wizard of Oz to the Tin Man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users