• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Dazzled Dad

Dazzled Dad

Goblin

• GS Member
  • 340 posts

Posted 07 September 2022 - 01:05 PM

The topic title says it all. Four posts in one month, two of them posted the day before yesterday, both of them by moderators.
Can we conclude these forums are dead?

#2 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,662 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 08 September 2022 - 06:57 AM

Far as I know, Klainey is the only one minding the forums, not sure about the website. I know Jim had wanted to sell the boards, but I heard the asking price may have been a deterrent. He's the owner, and I haven't seen him on the site in years, don't know if Klainey had heard from him as well. But some more attention, content, promotion etc needs to be done. Klainey can't do it all alone, and has done a great job with almost no resources
Posted Image

#3 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • 2,853 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 08 September 2022 - 07:26 PM

Hey fellow members, it has been a slow few months and Jim has passed on the torch to Klainey and the rest of the moderators. He is still the owner but we are working on being the best moderators possible! I definately agree with things beng slower but the forums are not dead! We are looking to livining everything back up and get the forums as they were. Thank you so much for your patience and I completely understand your concerns. Our goal is to get Ghost Study back to being the beacon of haunts, spirits, sounds in the night, and all around spooky things! Please message me with any questions or concerns and let's use this up coming spooky season to get the iconinc Ghost Study back in motion!
Posted Image

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,909 posts

Posted 08 September 2022 - 10:23 PM

Hello Dazzled Dad  

It has been very slow here, all the spooks must be on their best behaviour :fright: what a startling thought
Thank you for your concerns and as Michelle mentioned we are trying to Posted ImageParanormal Soup its Facebook  and Twitter pages.

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#5 PIT leader

PIT leader

Incubus

• GS Member
  • 839 posts
  • Interests:ghost-hunting,videogames,metal and house music,horror films,comics

Posted 08 September 2022 - 11:09 PM

I'm sure things will pick up nearer Halloween when people start googling spooky things and stumble across our forum :)
We have such sights to show you!

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#6 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• 1,242 posts
  • Interests:Having an open mind. Dont get stuck looking at something from only one angle.

Posted 09 September 2022 - 03:50 AM

It's like all the ghosts and such went on vacation...crazy.
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#7 EVP

EVP

• 2,112 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 09 September 2022 - 05:38 PM

Dazzled Dad thanks for the needed wake up call. At this point, maybe it's best to ask the remaining members and moderators, "What are you willing to do to make a change in a positive direction for PS & GS?

Edited by EVP, 09 September 2022 - 05:39 PM.

Posted Image

#8 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• GS Member
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 09 December 2022 - 03:44 PM

Hey, don't give up yet! I just got back.

#9 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • 4,932 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 09 December 2022 - 04:16 PM

This place might not be as active as it used to be, but there's still life in the conversations.  Like Captain said, don't give up!
Posted Image

#10 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 26 December 2022 - 12:15 AM

It's still a nice little corner to hang out on :yes:

If you really want to grow the place again the "easiest" way I could think of is interviewing active ghost hunters, posting the interviews here and or on youtube then having a thread for discussion. This way you get interested people from google and youtube and those who want to talk ghost can do so here ... cuz youtube comments suck :bad: PLUS active ghost hunters would be cool to chat with too :yes:

Lastly someone {not me} could start something in VR Chat and leave a link here for nonVR discussion :yes:

People moove to the newest shiniest social medium ... forums were a thang ... then facebook ... next will very likely be VR :yes: Keep in mind forums were originally called BBS's or Bulletin Board Systems where you left messages for people and people dropped by whenever. With VR people who cannot make a VR get together will still leave messages for people :yes:

FYI: you can still access forums from VR as well as the rest of the interwweb :bunny:
- siguie -

#11 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,909 posts

Posted 26 December 2022 - 01:47 AM

Lastly someone {not me} could start something in VR Chat and leave a link here for nonVR discussion :yes:

:Nodding vigorously: I so want that emoji!  That sounds just like you!

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter