• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Louczar

Louczar

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:15 PM

My sister and I were talking about our mom last week.  Our mom passed away about 10 years ago.  About 2 years before she passed away, our mom was in the hospital in the ICU ward.  She got out of the ICU and into her own room for a couple of days before she was able to go back home.

She told my sister after she got home about the "little green men" that came in crawling on the walls and ceilings of her room after she got out of the ICU.  She told her the Dr. didn't seem to notice them and they didn't look like they were mean.

My sister was concerned and spoke to one of our other sisters who is a nurse (for almost 40 years now).  The nurse sister said it had to be a medications that our mom was on and likely a combination of her low oxygen levels.  Our mom was a 3-4 pack a day smoker and was a bartender her whole adult life.  Low oxygen levels were not uncommon.

We talked and thought about it.  Imagine if someone was on medication or illicit drugs and combine that with low oxygen levels...and they saw some "things" that were ugly or were doing things considered scary?  How bad those people may react!

It was this discussion that the light bulb turned on over my head (figure of speech).  Now I really understand why some here will ask the questions about possible ailments to new comers here.  I bet people see stuff far more often for those reasons than an actual ghost....

Thoughts?
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#2 lorac61469

lorac61469

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:27 PM

Exactly!  My personal belief is that these types of questions must be asked.  There are many physical and psychological issues that can seem paranormal.

Eye problems/shadows.
Phantom smells could be a serious health problem like a brain tumor.
Hearing voices could be a sign of schizophrenia.
Medications can cause many side effects.

#3 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:34 PM

I don't know how the incidence breaks down but yes,  that's exactly why I ask,  especially if someone is about the age where hallucinations and delusions emerge most frequently (mid teens to mid twenties) or if it's sudden onset.   One can be mentally ill and have a haunting but it's irresponsible to not suggest a medical route if there's any possibility of it being a medical issue.

And,  yes,  I know how many people I've insulted over the years with that suggestion.
Posted Image

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 05:43 AM

I know exactly what you mean Louczar.

My mother has been gone now for a little over 7 years and she had two incidents before her death. She had idiopathic hypertension and her doctor had changed her medications to control her condition. She started seeing terrible yelling faces when she closed her eyes when she was trying to sleep. I told her to go back to her doctors because she was having side effects from her medication.

The next incident and new meds Mum said she woke up to see her deceased mother and my mother's dog (Honey) sitting at the end of her bed. Mum said they were just sitting there quietly waiting and when they realised Mum was awake they just slowly disappeared. Mum said she hopes it wasn't some sort of omen! I said no, don't be silly and we laughed it off. Although, I felt uncomfortable this was such a different feel!

Mum died;  her hypertension was now under control but the doctors said she would send her off to a cardiologist. She underwent an angiogram and angioplasty, the stents insitu had nicked her heart in several places and over a period of time she developed a cardiac tamponade and the nurses and doctor missed the signs and symptoms.

I like to think my Nan and Honey were there when Mum needed them :)
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#5 Louczar

Louczar

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 06:41 AM

View PostTantric KittenGStudy, on 09 January 2017 - 09:34 PM, said:

I don't know how the incidence breaks down but yes,  that's exactly why I ask,  especially if someone is about the age where hallucinations and delusions emerge most frequently (mid teens to mid twenties) or if it's sudden onset.   One can be mentally ill and have a haunting but it's irresponsible to not suggest a medical route if there's any possibility of it being a medical issue.

And,  yes,  I know how many people I've insulted over the years with that suggestion.

I had seen the suggestions a number of times here before by you and others.  That is why I wrote this.  Because others need to know that LOTS of things can cause people to "think" they see something when it is medically induced.
Life is short, enjoy it!

#6 JustSomeGuy

JustSomeGuy

Apport

• GS Member
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:22 PM

But you must ask yourself, does being under the influence of certain things cause one to see things that aren't there or does it cause one to be able to perceive things that are there that they normally wouldn't be able to?

#7 Louczar

Louczar

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:00 AM

View PostJustSomeGuy, on 11 January 2017 - 07:22 PM, said:

But you must ask yourself, does being under the influence of certain things cause one to see things that aren't there or does it cause one to be able to perceive things that are there that they normally wouldn't be able to?

You could make that argument.  I cannot argue against it as I am unable to say one way or another.  But,  I can say that a very good friend on mine is HS got into heavy drugs (crack) and had a very bad trip in bed one night.  He told me he woke up and saw the devil at the end of bed pointing and laughing at him.  It scared him straight.  I personally think what he saw what drug induced.
Life is short, enjoy it!

#8 Amethyst

Amethyst

Official Ghoststudy Psychic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:00 PM

I am somewhat embarrassed to post this, but it is what it is.  My 37 yr old son switched from heroin to Meth.  While tweaking on Meth he was paranoid and delusional and swore that people were after him.  He showed up at my house in the middle of the night with a baseball bat and a chunk of concrete in his hand, telling me people were out in the hall talking and plotting to kill me and him.  Thank God he said we need to call 911.  I did, the police showed up and took him to the hospital.  He had not slept in 6 days.  He did and still believes people were following him, spying on him and planning to kill him.

Meth is a horrible drug.
IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED THEN SKYDIVING IS NOT FOR YOU!

ADVICE, WHEN MOST NEEDED, IS LEAST HEEDED

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer it gets to the end the quicker it goes!

"A heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" said the Wizard of Oz to the Tin Man.

#9 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:45 PM

Don't be embarrassed. I hope your son is in a better head space now.
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#10 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,443 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:12 PM

Ameythst, I hope you feel like this is a safe space for you to share information, as I certainly appreciate you telling us this about your son. I just hope as Klainey said, that he's doing better now and that you've got the support you need.

I agree with what others have said here, I almost feel like we have a bit of a responsibility to ask those questions about health in order to support people in the way that is appropriate and what they need. I would hate to aid delusions and hallucinations, which could cause additional stress or harm to a person, when a gentle guide towards a health care practitioner could have alleviated something that they were experiencing.

I've seen the members here rally together when these types of questions have returned no results so it's not a cop out, it's just part of the ghostly checklist that we need to tick off!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users