Free Skins
© Fisana

Lets Rejuvinate This Board And Set A Record!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Morning_Glory_

Morning_Glory_

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 03:59 PM

I PM'd Jeeps about this idea and she thought it was a good idea, so I'm posting it here as well.

I'd like to see if we can breathe some fresh life back into Ghost Study as well as set the record for the most members online at one time.

The idea is simple - everyone here sends emails to everyone in their Favorite's list in your email addy book inviting them to Ghost Study.  You also post something about Ghost Study and all the things this site has to offer, photos, ghost hunting information, etc. on other message board sites you might visit, your local Craigs List, whatever it is you want to post the info - My space, Face book, etc. Just get the word out there!

Also anyone who has friends that are on this board that don't post or visit very often, email them personally and invite them to come and visit that time as well.

We pick one day, I'm not sure what day is best for all of us, I know the weekends are usually pretty quiet, but what about a Friday night?  We'll have to select the night we want this to go on, and I'm very open to thoughts on this.   It'd be nice to plan it the last week of Jan or the first of Feb.

As for time, Jeeps said she thinks we'd need to consider the different time zones, so maybe from 10pm -12am Est, which would be like 7p-9p pst.

We all meet here, the people we invite we tell them to bring any unexplained photos they want someone's opinions on, personal stories they'd like to share, whatever and to just jump in and post.
Maybe we can have one of those fun photo reading threads on Spirit realm where someone posts a photo that they know the background on and let the rest of us try our skills at picking up something from the photo.

We could have Nem doing one of his nostalgia threads like the best of 1980 with links to videos, music, etc - those are cool when he does that.

Anyway, right now this is just in the brainstorming phase and I'd love to get feedback as well as more ideas from the rest of you.  This is only going to work if everyone here is in on it.  

So what do you say?

Edited by Morning_Glory_, 03 January 2008 - 04:03 PM.

#2 Aslan

Aslan

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 04:05 PM

i think it is a great idea

although setting a time can be tricky - we have at least 9-12 different timezones to consider....
Posted Image

a new chapter begins

#3 RoseIsRain

RoseIsRain

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 207 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 04:06 PM

Sounds like a party to me!

#4 chel

chel

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 09:45 PM

Oooohhhh!!  A ghost study party!!  That sounds promising!  Count me in.

#5 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,025 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 04 January 2008 - 05:43 AM

Just let me know when. If I can't be at a computer I can still leave myself logged in
Posted Image

#6 lilclairey2010

lilclairey2010

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:21 AM

that sounds fun. i will advertise the site on myspace. but i probably can't get on unless it's morning or afternoon, even early tea time.

Posted Image

Created by Silent Walker

#7 Morning_Glory_

Morning_Glory_

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 05:22 PM

With all the different time zones, what do you think of making it a one day - 24 hr thing?  We could start at something like 8pm est on Fri and go til 8pm Sat.  Or if there was a better day or better suggestion??

What works for everyone?

#8 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2008 - 09:33 AM

I think that sounds great, but I also think that another way to rejuvinate the board would be to have people start posting in the paranormal part of the board as well. A lot of people seem to post only in the Spookeasy, so the paranormal part of the part gets a bit neglected...
So, if everyone were to post say one new topic a week in the paranormal part of the board, I think it would rejuvinate the board that way as well. Just my 2cents worth.

#9 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,025 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 09:38 AM

I've noticed that as well. Personally, I haven't posted much because we kind of took the holidays off from investigating. And I am tired of giving an opinion on a pic that is usually dust or motion blur when people WANT it to be paranormal.

We do need more people who are serious investigators posting less questionable evidence and fewer kids making up ghost stories
Posted Image

#10 Morning_Glory_

Morning_Glory_

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 05:32 AM

If we are going to try to do this thing in a couple of weeks, don't you think we should start posting links and information about Ghost Study on all of the sites we visit?  We should be plastering this info all over Craigs List, various message board sites that we are on and anyplace else that you can think of.

Don't forget to email everyone in your addy book.

And dont' just give the link, actually tell people what GS is and what we offer - photo share, dream interpetation, etc.

#11 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,025 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:27 AM

If the boards have the function to email all registered users, maybe the admins could email everyone reminding them about GS and inviting them to stop by
Posted Image