• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Beatlefish

Beatlefish

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:ghosts, music, tv, reading ghost stories, conspiracy theories, real life mysteries.

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:37 PM

Seeing "Unread notificatcion" drives me crazy...it has been read a thousand times cause it says unread and I think its a new one and read it again.
It says a new conversation has been started...but it hasn't its very old.. I don't know how to fix it  :Picture 562:

#2 Ghuoest

Ghuoest

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Interests:Waiting for the Great Pumpkin

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:20 AM

I go on another board like this. There are some differences. One thing on the other board was that a person had to click on a specific link that would lead to the unread notification (the notification itself) of the message.

#3 PumpkinWraith

PumpkinWraith

1D's #1 Fan

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts
  • Interests:Mainly my family and chatting to and getting to know the many good friends I've made here over the years. I love Rock, Metal and alternative music as well as having a profound interest in the paranormal.

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:12 AM

I know what you mean.  I have tons too and not sure how to get rid of them.  But I've never really been bothered about them.  I have deleted all the messages I have in my inbox and anything read on my profile but they are still there.  Now you've metioned them they will start annoying me :mad0218:

Sorry wish I could be of help. :(

Posted Image

The Aliens said I could take a friend next time. Apply below ......but no mad people!

I <3 One Direction. Harry 4Ever!

#4 Beatlefish

Beatlefish

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:ghosts, music, tv, reading ghost stories, conspiracy theories, real life mysteries.

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:12 PM

Oh don't be sorry I thought maybe I goofed up something lol I deleted the message ( I usually just leave them till it gets full :lol:) but since it kept saying I had a new message I kept looking. If it is happening with everyone else too, I will just try to ignore it :D

So no one be offended if I don't get back to you....if you leave a message and I ignore it...its not intentinal :)

#5 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,191 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:18 PM

Clear your temp interent files and cookies, close oput your browser and then bring it up new again
Posted Image

#6 Beatlefish

Beatlefish

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:33 PM

Thanks Vlawde,tried it but is still there

It may be gone :blink: I changed skins and it says unread notifications and it won't open...cause I assume its empty now.

Edited by Beatlefish, 31 July 2011 - 06:43 PM.

#7 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,191 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:42 PM

Hmmm..maybe try a different board skin?
Posted Image

#8 Beatlefish

Beatlefish

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:44 PM

lol just did and may have did the trick thanks :)

Edited by Beatlefish, 31 July 2011 - 06:45 PM.

#9 PumpkinWraith

PumpkinWraith

1D's #1 Fan

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts
  • Interests:Mainly my family and chatting to and getting to know the many good friends I've made here over the years. I love Rock, Metal and alternative music as well as having a profound interest in the paranormal.

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:19 PM

I may have figured this one out.  I've been doing a bit of tidying up and I've just notitced that if you use the halloween skin.. I'm not sure about the others... but, if you look at the top right hand corner where your profile picture and user name is, there is another small drop-down box with a number in it.  Click on it, select all of the notifications you want to delete and then delete them.  Hey presto!! .. No more non existent notifications.  Hopefully, if you delete them using one skin then they should be deleted if you use the others.

Posted Image

The Aliens said I could take a friend next time. Apply below ......but no mad people!

#10 Beatlefish

Beatlefish

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:56 PM

The same phantom "unread" message is back lol its like a ghost. I didn't change anything but gonna try out some new skins

#11 PumpkinWraith

PumpkinWraith

1D's #1 Fan

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:12 AM

Did it work?

Posted Image

#12 Beatlefish

Beatlefish

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:24 PM

Still there  :Picture 562:  I tried them alll . The I'm board  mobile took everything off. ..guess thats for a phone.

Edited by Beatlefish, 20 February 2012 - 09:38 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users