• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 layla

layla

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 04:34 AM

my niece is only 4 years old and she has been having the worst sleep disorder for almost 2 years now, she just starts screaming and crying in her sleep and saying words like: get away from me, don't touch me go away.. and if you try to wake her she would kick and hit you. it stops for some months then it starts again at first we got worried she might be molested in her school or something we even took her to a child psychiatrist but everything was normal and there is no real cause for her nightmares she doesn't remember anything from her dreams anyway. then something happened yesterday when she was sleeping in my room in the bed next to mine.
it was almost dawn and i was just starting to wake and i heard the most horrifying sound, it was the voice if an old woman screaming angrily in a language i didn't understand it sounded like Hebrew maybe i m not sure  then my niece said get away from me and started crying a little and then got back to sleep, i was frozen in my bed just listening then i got up turned the lights on, i searched the room but i found nothing , i thought maybe my niece was doing it on purpose trying to scare me but the voice was clearly not hers i m 100% sure what i heard was real i still get cold in my back remembering the voice of the old woman it still rings in my ears. what am i supposed to do now tell her parents ?
i m really scared for her maybe she is being haunted any advice  plz help

Edited by layla, 07 February 2017 - 04:37 AM.

#2 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:25 AM

Layla, is it possible you were experiencing a hynopompic event hearing the old lady's voice as well?

This is quoted from this webpage.

Hypnopompic hallucinations refer to bizarre sensory experiences that occur during the transitory period between a sleeping state and wakefulness.  Imagine sensing that you are slowly transitioning from a sleeping state to being fully awake, when at some point during that transition, you begin seeing vivid geometric shapes, hearing sounds, or even sensing touch.

It's best to exhaust a naturally explained event first before becoming anxiety ridden but please understand, I'm not diminishing your event whatsoever.

I have experienced this once or twice in 40 years. I realize it's easy to believe it to be otherwise since your niece hasn't received satisfaction from the medical community with her sleep disorder.

I would suggest, you log your dreams/wakings and such and make a judgment if you have re-occurrences instead of a single event.

Also if you become anxiety ridden and share this among the immediate, it could encourage more stress and occurrences with your niece.

Keep us in the loop please.

Edited by EVP, 07 February 2017 - 07:29 AM.

Posted Image

#3 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:23 AM

Hasn't anyone suggested night terrors about your niece?   Because you're describing night terrors and they're pretty common with people her age.   Kids outgrow them generally about the time they go to school.

And I agree with EVP.   You could easily have been having a hypnopompic hallucination. It's often called old hag syndrome because the hallucination often takes the form of an evil old lady.

Is there anything you're not telling us that happens in the middle of the day when everyone is wide awake that makes you think this is paranormal in nature?

Because from what I've read so far you might benefit from a sleep study but probably not even and you tend to jump to the worst case scenario and catastrophize which is something that therapy to find the underlying cause of doing so probably could help.   But I'm not reading anything I would assume is paranormal.   Quite the opposite unless we're missing information.
Posted Image

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#4 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,010 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:07 PM

All excellent info presented above... but if however, you are certain this is a haunting... do the following. Because at this point, you may have to prove your concerns to the parents and even to yourself.

Log everything from now on... and set up a voice activated recorder, or better yet, a  surveillance video recorder in the room after she's asleep. Around $60 with night vision and works with WiFi. It will activate with movement or sound.

And please keep us current with any ongoing activity... we want to see you through this no matter what the outcome.

Here's an example from Best Buy ($59.95). ..... and here's the link: Click Here

Posted Image
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#5 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:36 PM

Set a voice activated recorder.

If I might step in quickly, I would not suggest a voice activated recorder. EVP that might potentially be captured is not voice phenomena, instead, it's low level EMF and voice activation will not work whatsoever. Even if it was AVP (aural voice phenomena), the governing source for activation will not likely respond because amplitude is typically very low level. It would be preferable to run an audio recorder periodically for short periods of time and review instead.

I totally agree with surveillance equipment being incorporated.

Hope you don't mind me jumping in with my suggestion Jim.

Edited by EVP, 07 February 2017 - 05:41 PM.

Posted Image

#6 layla

layla

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 05:03 AM

thank you all for your replies i appreciate it , i understand now that it's get confusing sometimes if it's real or a sleep induced hallucination now i prefer to believe the latter for the sake of my sanity,  after thinking about it i decided to not tell anyone yet and wait till something else happens then i m going to start recording to get valid proof .

#7 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 05:35 AM

That is a wise & sensible decision Layla. Please keep us informed on any developments.
Posted Image

#8 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 05:30 PM

EVP, the reason I brought up the audio portion of the Surveillance was because Layla heard it vocally with her ears. .......And because her niece jumped up right after, she may have heard it as well. So in that particular instance, I was hoping the surveillance recorder may pick something like that up. Particularly since it was heard in the room. And I would also hope, in that type of a situation, the video might catch something unseen as well.

So are you saying that, even a human voice would not be heard with a voice activated recorder. Because the voice she heard was quite loud and clear.
I trust your knowledge and experience, EVP... but I'm just having trouble wrapping my mind around it.
Posted Image

#9 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,427 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 08 February 2017 - 06:29 PM

I've found having your recorder set to voice activation is not a good idea. Even if it does turn on, there can be a delay from the start of the sound and the actual start of the recording.
Posted Image

#10 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 08:40 PM

I would suspect that there would be a delay too. But as I was checking into the various recorders last month, there was one claiming no delay. So I guess the higher end ones are better.
Posted Image

#11 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Shadow Ghost

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,392 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 08 February 2017 - 08:42 PM

I have a voice activated tape recorder, there's a 3 second delay, before it starts recording.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#12 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 09:08 PM

Good to know, MacC... is it an average unit or high end?

I think the one I was looking at online was around $140 with no delay. Now I have to go back though all the ones I was comparing and see if I can find it.  :_)
Now I'm starting to doubt that I read it.  :huh:
Posted Image

#13 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Shadow Ghost

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,392 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 08 February 2017 - 09:16 PM

It's an average unit. I got it for my Mother, because my Cousin wanted a family "oral" history. So, she gave my Mother and the remaining two of our Aunts(My Mom was one of seven), a diary, It was never handy, when my Mother wanted to jot a story, she remembered down. So, I got her one she could carry around and not have to fiddle with buttons. You should see her trying to figure out the TV and DVD player. I've told and showed her umpteen times how to work it, but it just doesn't stick. :lol:

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#14 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 02:15 AM

My apology for not expanding on voice activation.

Thank you Jim for the recognition and asking why. You forced to reexamine the plethora of reasons I advise against such an action. Often I forget reasons why I discontinue a practice.

Both Vlawde and Mac are spot on with their analogy. Voice activation typically requires some prompting to start although the exception would be certain higher end units. Remember that they are KEYED for amplitude/frequency response of the human voice and we are dealing with something entirely different.

Look at some of the problematic issues/enigmas we are dealing with:
  • A person hears a voice, records it and yet it fails to be recorded. Our perception of what we THINK we hear might not always be auditory. A number of times this has happened in my research/investigation and in some case experienced collectively.
  • The fingerprint of AVP/EVP is often observed in the lower noise floor. Both frequency response and amplitude is significantly reduced comparatively to a human voice. If you are not actively monitoring and it is not recorded on the audio device because of lack of sensitivity, how will you ever know there was evidence lost in the first place?
  • Please revisit the many examples on how people cheap on buying low end equipment. You indicated you found a recorder that had no delay but it cost $140.00. How many want to spend that type of money on a recorder.

Example, even yourself, I recommended the Samson H2N for $140 and you wanted to buy something substantially less. You finally settled on a $100 recorder but your original intent was to spend around $60. Your pattern is shared among many and this is an observation and not a criticism sir.

Realizing of course that one cannot always commit to these activities because “real life” will always take the spotlight, there really is not a lot of room for shortcuts in this field. Lack of control and focus will only lead to more unanswered questions subtracting from purpose.

My mentor referred to this as “laziness” and from day one 15 years ago he stressed, “No shortcuts.” I have this burned into my mantra of investigation. I'm not always happy with the extra work but I keep repeating, "No shortcuts."
Posted Image

#15 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 08:19 PM

Cool, thanks EVP  ;)

I guess i have made it clear on a regular basis that collecting evps is not my specialty. Nor do I have an interest in that field of study. But lately, I have begun to realize that I need to educate myself or get left behind. So I am slowly attempting to embrace the fundamentals. So I appreciate your words and counsel, EVP.

As for buying a recorder, you're right, I wanted to stay under $100 and closer to $60. But after studying the various recorders, it's hard not to want the higher end versions. So not sure what I will end up with... but I guess I have plenty of time to decide.  

Thanks again for expanding, EVP... much appreciated.   :  )
Posted Image

#16 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,427 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 09 February 2017 - 09:10 PM

I haven't been out actively investigating for a while, but EVPs were relatively easy to come by versus video or camera shots. Usually my best evidence
Posted Image

#17 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:26 PM

VlawdeGStudy, on 09 February 2017 - 09:10 PM, said:

I haven't been out actively investigating for a while, but EVPs were relatively easy to come by versus video or camera shots. Usually my best evidence

Well, collecting EVPs is definitely a big part of any serious investigation, that's for sure.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: haunting, witch, nightmares

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users