22 replies to this topic

#21 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,436 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:37 AM

That happens to me if I live in dry areas.

I used to live in Canada, though I live in New Orleans now. And its not just during the night that the scratches would appear. I'd be talking and all of a sudden, my skin would split in a very thin line on my cheek. It would even bleed. I lived in a very windy area, and especially in the winter, it would suck the moisture right out of my skin.

That particular problem hasn't existed for me since I moved down to the southern US.

Might be the same thing for you.

#22 Stacy

Stacy

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:My main interest is my children! But I am interested in all things paranormal. Ghost hunting is my favorite hobby!!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:52 PM

I haven't been to GS in a really long time! I was reading over old posts, and came across this and found it very interesting.

Something similar happened to me a couple of months ago. I woke up in the middle of the night with this terrible itching, burning pain on my hip. When I looked to see what it was, I found two long, very thin, bleeding scratches, side by side about an inch and a half apart. One was about 4 inches long, the other 5 or more.

When I got up the next morning, the scratches were very welted and very sore, and had a deep red line all around it, like it had bled under the skin. They were deep enough that it took them about 3 weeks to heal, and quite sore the first couple of weeks.

I have found no explanation for them, and believe me, I have tried to come up with everything under the sun. It's all I thought about for a few days, not only because of the soreness, but because of the weirdness!!

I found nothing in the bed, in the mattress, etc. No animal that could have done it! I was laying on that side, so there's no way I could have done it to myself, besides they were too thin to have been done by fingernails, and too far apart. Not to mention the fact that I was wearing a thick pair of sweats (don't laugh...my bedroom is about 15-20 degrees colder than the rest of the house), and as bad as the scratches were, whatever they were from, should have left at the very least a snag in my clothing!

I have had things of this nature happen to me for as long as I can remember. Not often, but it's enough to spook me every once in a while!

I am sorry this happened to you, but it's nice to know I'm not the only one that has experienced something like this.

Hope things are going well for you now!!  Stacy

#23 Ms. Tify

Ms. Tify

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my family, art, scrapbooking, listening to loud music, reading, photography, writing, are you still reading this? Seriously?

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:57 AM

Thanks for sharing your story, Stacy!  It's been awhile since I have experienced the scratches, I hope I never wake up to find them again!
Life's a match in a gas tank, don't ever mourn the ebbing tide, just dance on fire and enjoy the ride.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users