Illuminated Images When I Closed My Eyes

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 11 June 2018 - 04:51 AM

Last night when I went to bed, I had an odd experience.  Once I had turned off the lamp on the side of my bed and closed my eyes.  I had illuminated images that I could see (my eyes were closed).  We all have had times when we had just looked at a light and then turned the lights off to still see the image of the light burning in the darkness.

This was not the case.  I had not looked at the light when I turned it off.  I laid down and it was then that I saw an illuminated image that could have been a face although it was pretty distorted.  I opened my eyes to a very dark bedroom.  Nothing else was on to make light and I saw or felt nothing to make me feel any one way.

I closed my eyes again and the image I had previously seen was gone.  There was a short period of time that I saw more images illuminated.  Or I should say less like images, more so like fluorescent light bulb.  The extremely odd part was that it was like driving through a tunnel that had lights across the ceiling and you were driving under them.  The lights were moving across my vision (if you can call it that when my eyes were closed).  This happened for maybe 30 seconds.  I did not like this at all.  I got up and got a drink of water.  Went back to bed and did not see anything else.

Anyone else ever experience anything like this?
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,260 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 05:39 AM

Michelle would be the best person to comment. I haven't had your experience...But....

I get  migraines with aura  without pain they usually last 15 mins they look like this

Posted Image

They normally start small and grow out of sight.

I normally do a few tests like close each eye and see if you can see the anomaly equally in each eye or if it is limited to one or the other eye. Also, see if you can look at it or does it move away. It can also occur when the vitreous gel in the eye changes, it is common to see the odd flash or floater in the eye as we age.

I would suggest going to an ophthalmologist to be on the safe side. I had mine checked out :yes:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:16 AM

I get silent migraines, and I have to put on sun glasses in my house, because the light gives me tunnel vision.

I usually don't see images when I close my eyes at night, I usually get explosions of colors.
Posted Image

#4 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:14 AM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 11 June 2018 - 05:39 AM, said:

Michelle would be the best person to comment. I haven't had your experience...But....

I get  migraines with aura  without pain they usually last 15 mins they look like this

Posted Image

They normally start small and grow out of sight.

I normally do a few tests like close each eye and see if you can see the anomaly equally in each eye or if it is limited to one or the other eye. Also, see if you can look at it or does it move away. It can also occur when the vitreous gel in the eye changes, it is common to see the odd flash or floater in the eye as we age.

I would suggest going to an ophthalmologist to be on the safe side. I had mine checked out :yes:

I didn't even think about checking 1 eye at a time....

and yes, I am overdue having my eye checked.
Life is short, enjoy it!

#5 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:21 PM

I am sorry I missed this topic earlier but tomorrow I will give you some scientific causes for visual disturbances similar to these.  However, this doesn't mean it falls into this and only this category;) I am looking fwd to this discussion!!!! Thank you for sharing this with us Sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#6 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,260 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:15 AM

I thought it would be right up your alley Michelle :)

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#7 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:59 AM

Can't wait to hear Michelle!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#8 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 04:38 AM

View PostearthlydelitesGStudy, on 14 June 2018 - 01:59 AM, said:

Can't wait to hear Michelle!

Me too....  she is stringing us along :-)

Hope you posts soon!
Life is short, enjoy it!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users