6 replies to this topic

#1 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 08:06 AM

I'm sure that most of us have taken them for one reason or another.  Mine was unexpected and
then planned for.

My car broke down and my physical therapist recommended walking to help mend an injury (it
worked).  Plus I dislike having to spend money on car repairs. (It worked on both counts)

I took public transportation to work but during the late night, our public transportation
system takes a nose dive and circulates the inner city but not its outskirts.  A 2-1/2 mile
walk home.  Not bad.

The first two miles was a well populated neighborhood...three street lights..the rest were
house lights.  A nice walk, late night.  The last 1/2 mile was just plain "creepy"..I didn't
like it at all.  (Even now thinking about it upsets my stomach)  During the day, it's a lovely
drive.  At night, not so much.  I never enjoyed it.

I walked it for 5 months, healed my injury, lost twenty pounds, was energized and had my car
fixed for $250.00.  Cheap and worth it.

On what would have been my last walk home, I called my friend to come and get me.  We took my
walking route home and at the corner where the "creepy" part of my walk would have begun was
a man leaning up against the light pole.  At first I thought it was one of those plywood
cutouts that people place up against the side of their houses, minus the hat.  People do fun
stuff.

It was fun and then it turned "creepy".  At the stop sign I was checking out this plywood
replica of a man when it straightened up and was looking at the vehicle we were in.  My friend
took the corner and I swung around in my seat.

It was still there and there wasn't a doubt in my mind that THAT was the "creepy" part of my
walk home for the past 5 months.  You SOB!

Now, I realize there are a lot of implications here, but frankly, I don't care because CREEPY
IS AS CREEPY DOES!

#2 Little Rhody

Little Rhody

Orb

• GS Member
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Snowboarding, surfing, paranormal

Posted 18 June 2016 - 11:17 AM

Wow, that does sound creepy. Ik in populated gatherings, some performers do similar stuff like stay still and move upon some commands but usually not on a sparse roadway. Try approaching (of course keep a safe distance) and grab a pic.

#3 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,884 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 05:01 PM

Wow I hope it was a performance and not something creepier!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#4 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 08:05 AM

View PostLittle Rhody, on 18 June 2016 - 11:17 AM, said:

Wow, that does sound creepy. Ik in populated gatherings, some performers do similar stuff like stay still and move upon some commands but usually not on a sparse roadway. Try approaching (of course keep a safe distance) and grab a pic.

LOL  The only audience he would be getting between 12:00 a.m. & 1:00 a.m. was me.  I never met another person in all
the months I walked it.

And I thought about pictures after reading our host's several picture posts.  It would only be to show you what my
walk looked like during the day.   Aggh.  I would have to go buy some stuff.  I don't like spending my money on things
I don't do.  lol  I actually don't like spending money at all.  Yep, it's true.  I'm cheap.

#5 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 08:13 AM

View Postearthlydelites, on 18 June 2016 - 05:01 PM, said:

Wow I hope it was a performance and not something creepier!

Rat's!  I almost had the multiquote figured out and jumped the gun.

Hello, earthlydelites.  It was creepier.  Can you imagine having someone or something waiting for you at the end
of that road.  That's how creepy it was.  A performance.  No doubt.  I seen it.

#6 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,434 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:06 PM

Oh my!  I'm wondering if that mannequin was quite possibly a robot someone was playing around with...  I'm hoping, at least!
Posted Image

#7 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 23 June 2016 - 05:02 PM

Menet - I would have hurt myself trying to get away. I applaud your tenacious bravery...... BRAVO!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users