• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bartz

bartz

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 01:02 PM

hi, I always wondered what is the evp voice? I noticed if you watch paranormal shows, the voices seem very random and sometimes respond quickly or a slight delay and it doesn't always make sense or have any relation to the ghost hunters questions. sometimes it does seem like it's a spirit that's trying to speak to u but I'm a little skeptical at here as I feel these random voices are coming from somewhere with a natural explanation like from the radio like it's trying to tune in but little sentences randomly come out. how do you feel about this? also is it dangerous to try evp by asking questions, it does seem like a similar idea to what you do with an ouija board yeah. thanks.

#2 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,452 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 13 September 2018 - 03:39 PM

:hi: bartz and  :welcome: to the forums..

If it's a residual type haunting, you'll only get random EVPs, as the ghostly voices are just acting like a record or tape player repeating it's self. There's no conscious involved.

Whereas an actual ghost or spirit is conscious will give you a direct answer or are able even to answer questions, that you haven't asked of them yet.

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 13 September 2018 - 03:40 PM.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#3 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,068 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 13 September 2018 - 06:53 PM

A lot of the EVPs you see on TV are not necessarily voices. Things like an unnoticed person in the background, something rubbing against the mic, indigestion etc can be mistaken for voices.

And honestly, these EVPs can be heard totally different by different people, and many TV shows try to fit random words or sounds to fit what they are doing. I always hear something different than what the TV guys say they hear.

I don't think recording EVP's are like Ouija boards. Supposedly a Ouija board is a form of summoning. But...I'm not on the "Ouija Boards are a gateway to the paranormal" bandwagon. It's been proven that whether consciously or unconsciously, it's the people moving the planchette, not a spirit. When participants are blindfolded, the Ouija doesn't work
Posted Image

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,830 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 10:27 PM

Hello and welcome to the boards :)

I haven't done a lot of EVP's but I have heard voices without any aids. I think both MacC and Vlawde make good points, although, I have heard many people think it is bad practice do EVP's in their own home.  

The only other thing I can suggest is to be conscious of your intent behind your actions while doing any spiritual work.
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#5 bartz

bartz

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 07:35 AM

hi thanks for the replies yeah. I see at google play you can get apps which apparently will pick up something. I think it could scare the crud out of you if your on your own and there's a response if you say is anybody there lol it would be ontresing to ask if how any spiritual medium feels about this, I kept thinking earlier if spirit guides are around you and active, could you have a conversation with your guides via evp? but then again there's like no way of knowing for sure who it is.

#6 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Computer Programming, IT, Web Technologies, Space and Astronomy

Posted 19 September 2018 - 07:49 AM

Coming up for 3 years now and I have not really caught any EVP's (except something someone said on her sounded like Biscuit) despite several 100's hours of testing with multiple recorders, home built "The Scole Experiment" equipment, Video's, Ultrasonics. Nothing despite going to several "haunted " locations, graveyards and even many hours at home and at my parents house (My father passed Dec 2017) hoping my Dad would try to contact me. He was a technophobe so maybe he just could not interact with the recorders just like he had trouble with technology when he was alive.

I have been to a few places where TV Paranormal have been here in the UK and received nothing whereas they get lots of EVP's etc.

I am losing faith in the paranormal as it just does not want to interact with me or I just happen to be immune to the paranormal world. :-)
--
Sean aka Capt Zeanie

Posted Image

Posted Image