85 replies to this topic

#41 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,184 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 12:23 PM

There was activity but nothing shocking on my end. She's fine as long as there's no threat of danger. When she caused the two disturbances with the previous owner, it was when the artist was cleaning her up in preparation to be carved up and turned into a horror doll. After the second disturbance, the owner buried her.

#42 Guest_Hudds_*

Guest_Hudds_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2016 - 01:17 PM

Jim, that's quite a interesting overall story about the doll.
It's good that she's in a storage now, rather than being buried in someone's back yard, and that's true the spirit attached would still be around and certainly not happy!.

Appreciate you sharing with us, Jim.

Can you remember the two disturbances the previous owner had, and what were they?

#43 stalyun

stalyun

Orb

• GS Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 01:27 PM

Ok, so here's an update. This morning I took the mug and went and talked to a lady that's supposed to know about this stuff. When she picked it up, she said she could feel a "strong presence" and believed that someone was attached to it. Then she said she'd met others that had had similar experiences, where they'd picked something up at a second hand store, yard sale, estate sale, etc, and then took it home to find out they'd gotten more than they'd bargained for.

We also talked about what had been suggested here, about putting it on display, burying it in salt for a few days, or selling it. She said, in her opinion, putting it on display would be an invitation for it to do more mischief, and burying it in salt would probably just make it mad. She said it would probably be pretty hard to get rid of such a "strong presence", so my best bet would probably be to try get rid of it, as long as it went to someone who genuinely wanted it and knew how to deal with it if it acted up.

Then she told me, if I'm going to sell it, to try not to sell it to someone who wanted to buy it just to resell it. She said there's a lot of people who'd offer me a few bucks just so they could try to sell it and make a profit, and that would just upset it. She said it would be able to tell whether or not someone genuinely wanted it, and it wouldn't like being passed from hand to hand, like it was some kind of cheap novelty, and that it needed a home more than anything else. She said in the right hands it would probably be content and behave itself, but in the wrong hands, or in the wrong environment, it could cause someone a lot of problems. We talked about that, too, and she believed that because I've got a lot of kids running in and out all day long and making a lot of noise, it probably got agitated and that's why it acted up. So basically, it was nothing against me personally, I've just got the wrong kind of environment for it.

Anyways, we talked about a lot stuff and it was a lot to take in, but it was a good conversation. It left me feeling a lot better about the situation, and it helped me understand things a lot better. It also helped me to finally make up my mind to sell it, as long as I'm confident the buyer knows what they may or may not be getting themselves into, and that they understand that I'm in no way responsible for what may or may not happen if they do decide to buy it.

So that's where I'm at now. I can't keep it because I've got the wrong kind of environment, and when I sell it I have to try to make sure it's going to go to a good home.

#44 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,184 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 01:44 PM

Sounds like it was a great talk and now you have a plan. I'm glad you feel better about things now.  :)
I will say though, it does need to be placed on display, so to speak... but best if it's in a ghost researchers house or shop. ; )
But hiding it away will only cause it to rebel like it has already done in the shed.

#45 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 02:05 PM

I'm glad you've found a plan of action you feel comfortable with.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#46 stalyun

stalyun

Orb

• GS Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 02:36 PM

As much as I hate to say it, I was a little apprehensive, at first. Talking to someone on the net about this stuff is one thing, but talking to someone in person is a whole different ball game - especially when you're still trying to wrap your head around this stuff being real. But it worked out pretty well. I learned quite a bit, and I feel a lot better about the whole situation, so all in all it was well worth the effort, and I'm glad I went.

#47 Guest_Hudds_*

Guest_Hudds_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2016 - 03:27 PM

Stalyun,

I am also glad you feel much better now.

I believe that the item would be going to a appropriate place, where it would be well taken care of, and kept safe and secure.

In my opinion, spirit attached items should be in the possession of someone who knows how to handle them appropriately, as they would be either from very to extremely knowledgeable of the spiritual world.

Many people do either obtain or buy supposedly spirit attached/ haunted items, while there's plenty of these item that are not genuine, yet there are actually some that are as stated/ claimed. And also, one has to take into consideration as I mentioned earlier, that the extent of the activity can also depend on the person/ target whom owns such item/s.  

I would surely not want anyone obtaining or buying supposedly spirit attached/ haunted items just for the thrill of it all, and possibly have no safeguards, in case they aggravate the spirit to an extent, and then could suffer the consequences.

Edited by Hudds, 18 June 2016 - 04:13 AM.

#48 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 04:44 PM

That's great news that you found someone close by to talk to and bounce some ideas off. I think that if you list it for sale it will find it's proper home. Maybe you were always meant to be the conduit to it's final location?
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#49 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,184 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 05:52 PM

You are probably right, EarthlyDelites... Makes sense.  :)

#50 stalyun

stalyun

Orb

• GS Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 04:26 AM

I'm not so sure about being a conduit. Maybe, maybe not. But if nothing else, I can say it's been a pretty good learning experience, and it's opened me up to the possibility that there's more to this world than I would've previously thought.

Anyways, yesterday, me, the wife and kids went up to Virginia City to mess around and have dinner. While they were all poking around in one of the shops, I went to the visitor's center to get some popcorn and ended up having a pretty good conversation with a lady about all the haunted places in VC. I've been to VC I don't know how many times, but never had an interest in going to any of the places that are supposedly haunted. I figured they were all just little more than tourist traps. But now, I'm actually kind of eager to go and check some of them out, and maybe even go on one of the ghost tours.

#51 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,184 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 07:53 AM

View Poststalyun, on 19 June 2016 - 04:26 AM, said:

I'm not so sure about being a conduit. Maybe, maybe not. But if nothing else, I can say it's been a pretty good learning experience, and it's opened me up to the possibility that there's more to this world than I would've previously thought.

Anyways, yesterday, me, the wife and kids went up to Virginia City to mess around and have dinner. While they were all poking around in one of the shops, I went to the visitor's center to get some popcorn and ended up having a pretty good conversation with a lady about all the haunted places in VC. I've been to VC I don't know how many times, but never had an interest in going to any of the places that are supposedly haunted. I figured they were all just little more than tourist traps. But now, I'm actually kind of eager to go and check some of them out, and maybe even go on one of the ghost tours.

Hey, when do you think you'll be going back to Virginia City? I would love it if you could do me a small favor when there. And I think you'll find it interesting. I'll just need you to ask the manager of one of the shops a question and take a single picture. It's for a book I'm writing. You would be saving me a trip.  :)

Just to eliminate curiosity, There's a shop in one of the haunted buildings that used to be terribly haunted, But hasn't been in about twenty years because of a simple thing the owner installed. I could use a fresh picture of that item and the name and phone number of the current owner or manager.  :)  If you agree, I'll send you a private message. Thanks,

#52 stalyun

stalyun

Orb

• GS Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 08:05 AM

Probably July 1st. It's free museum day, so we're planning on checking out some of the places we haven't been to in a while. Which shop is it?

#53 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,184 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 08:25 AM

I forget the name of the shop... I'm going to have to look it up or find my notes. Would you be able to do that for me?

#54 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 09:54 AM

Those mugs are awesome. If they weren't haunted, I'd love them. But one of my biggest fears is bringing a spirit in to my home since I've grown up seeing them. My house is not currently haunted and I want to keep it that way. It's much more peaceful for me.

#55 stalyun

stalyun

Orb

• GS Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:34 AM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 19 June 2016 - 08:25 AM, said:

I forget the name of the shop... I'm going to have to look it up or find my notes. Would you be able to do that for me?
Send me the info and the next time I'm there I'll see what I can do.

#56 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 12:35 AM

Well if the mug has done one thing, it's given you an opportunity to explore your area and perhaps given you a new hobby! Would love to know how you go with your museum day :D
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#57 stalyun

stalyun

Orb

• GS Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:10 AM

I've been going to Virginia City for years, so I've been to all of those places at one time or another. I know a lot of them are supposed to be haunted, but I never went to see if I could see a ghost, because I figured all the talk about the buildings being haunted was just a way to get the tourists to stop in. Now I'll actually pay attention when all the ghost talk comes up, and may even learn a thing or two.

I may go to the graveyards, too. Supposedly there's a grave at one of them that sometimes has a green glow about it. I'd like to get a picture of that.

#58 Guest_Hudds_*

Guest_Hudds_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2016 - 10:41 AM

Stalyun,

I gather you decided to keep the mugs?, as you seem to be getting quite interested in the paranormal.

#59 stalyun

stalyun

Orb

• GS Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:06 AM

No, the lady I spoke to said she'd try to contact a couple of people that might be interested in it and get back to me. So I'm just waiting on her. If I don't hear from her by the end of the week, though, I'll probably put it on craigslist.

#60 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,184 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:58 AM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 19 June 2016 - 07:53 AM, said:

Hey, when do you think you'll be going back to Virginia City? I would love it if you could do me a small favor when there. And I think you'll find it interesting. I'll just need you to ask the manager of one of the shops a question and take a single picture. It's for a book I'm writing. You would be saving me a trip.  :)

Just to eliminate curiosity, There is a shop in one of the haunted buildings that used to be terribly haunted, But hasn't been in about twenty years because of a simple thing the owner installed. I could use a fresh picture of that item and the name and phone number of the current owner or manager. If you agree, I'll send you a private message. Thanks,

Stalyun... I sent you all the information in a PM concerning the Virginia City trip.  ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users