• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 fordzilla

fordzilla

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 163 posts
  • Interests:28 year law enforcement officer. My wife and I call ourselves "paranormal tourists." That is, we make a pastime of travelling to famous haunts and investigating/staying/visiting. We take tons of photos (Search my name on this forum to see some of them, including at least two apparitions we captured) but we NEVER attempt contact or communication.

Posted 21 August 2016 - 12:08 AM

I'm reluctant to discuss this publicly, but at the same time, no one knows my true identity, and, at nearly 50 years of age, I'd welcome some answers here if they present themselves. When I was a young boy (Before, and up to about age three) I repeatedly saw two men on my family's rear porch, who only appeared during periods of rain.  There were two old, wooden chairs my dad had placed out on the two outer corners of the porch, and both were painted green.    When the rain would come, I could look out the windows and see both men... they were normal sized, but they were solidly green in color, head, to toe, clothing included, and they both wore wide, pin striped suits.  They also both wore straw hats (Also green) which I'd describe as vaudevillian in appearance. They both also had canes, and would sit in each chair, bolt upright, with both hands resting atop each of their canes.  They were motionless, and either had eyes closed, or their eyes were also solidly green.  Their faces also had a texture as if carved by a sculptor from green clay.  I was creeped out by their appearance, but didn't feel anything overtly threatening about them. They gradually faded away as I got older, however, (Another very curious factor)  there was an apartment building along the way on the drive to my grandmother's house which I remember having stained glass windows on each side of the entry way in cross-hatched diamond patterns which I habitually told my parents was where "the rain men" lived. Recently, in the past year or two, my younger brother also admitted seeing the rain men. Thoughts?  Impressions?  Anyone heard of something similar?

Edited by fordzilla, 21 August 2016 - 12:09 AM.

"There are chords in the hearts of men which cannot be touched without emotion.  Even with the utterly lost, to whom both life and death are jest, there are some matters about which no jest can be made."- Edgar Allen Poe

#2 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 21 August 2016 - 06:41 AM

I am glad you left your reluctance at the door and posted this. Let me apologize now for my incessant questioning but I have so many. Your younger brother - did he feel the same as you when he saw them? Do you think they were aware of your presence? Do you have any other siblings that you have or haven't mentioned this to? This will sound completely crazy but is there such a thing as a constant watcher? I don't know why that term was the 1st thing that came into my mind while reading of your experience but it did.

#3 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 07:33 AM

I had come across another sighting of a "green man" (ghost, not the famous disfigured guy), weather was not mentioned but shadow beings accompanying it was.

Here is her story

#4 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 07:51 AM

Well this is interesting.  I like that title, Michelle.  The Constant Watcher.

Let's see if it fits.

Do you remember, Fordzilla, which direction they faced?

Was the stained glass in the windows the same color as the apparitions that sat on the porch?  Children make associations that make sense to them not necessarily anyone else.

#5 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 21 August 2016 - 10:59 AM

Nice work CDS - it will be interesting to see if there's any comparisons between the two encounters.  Thanks Menet, I wasn't sure if I had done the right thing by posting that.  It was just there so I went with it.

#6 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 12:53 PM

View PostCDS, on 21 August 2016 - 07:33 AM, said:

I had come across another sighting of a "green man" (ghost, not the famous disfigured guy), weather was not mentioned but shadow beings accompanying it was.

Here is her story

I read that and found it unusual and went back to the original (Fordzilla's entry) the weather, 'When the rain would come..'.  I have never encountered anything of this nature before...green...rain, so I find this interesting and tied into another location even more so.

Michelle, you have to go with it.

Of course, I'm looking for Mac who is nowhere around this weekend. Sometimes you have to take a break and gather the wind in your sails.

#7 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 02:03 PM

A thought... I wonder if the canes could have been staffs... :Picture 562:

#8 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,276 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 21 August 2016 - 05:33 PM

The only thing I can dig up at the moment is references to The Green Man, The Fairy Children and the Egyptian God Osiris. I'll continue to dig deeper, but untol I find more info, here's what I have:

The Green Man is a pagan deity. who represents trees, meadows, pastures, etc. He is said to be seen during rainfall and is able to make it rain. Generally he's depicted as being made from leaves and vines. Though, there have also been depictions, where he's a green-colored man, who is just surrounded by greenery. He has, at times, been depicted holding a staff.

The Green Man:

A legendary pagan deity who roams the woodlands of the British Isles and Europe. He usually is depicted as a horned man peering out of a mask of foliage, usually the sacred oak. He is known by other names such as "Green Jack, "Jack-in-the-Green" and "Green George." He represents spirits of trees, plants and foliage. It is believed he has rain making powers to foster livestock with lush meadows. He was frequently depicted in medieval art, including church decorations.
Green George, as he is usually called in spring Pagan rites, is represented by a young man dressed head to foot in greenery, who leads the festival procession. In various festivals, Green George, or an effigy of him, is dunked in a river or pond to ensure that there will be enough rain to make the meadows and pastures green. It is also believed by some the Green Man shares an affinity with the forest-dwelling fairies since green is the fairy color. In some locals of the British Isles the fairies are called "Greenies" and "Greencoaties." In the myth of "The Fairy Children," there appears two fairy children, a brother and a sister, who have green skin and claim to be of a race with green skin

Source

As for "The Fairy Children" mentioned above.  They have been described as:  "It was as if they had been skillfully fashioned from summer leaves or soft meadow grass, for just like their clothes, and even the strange hue of their eyes, their skin was green!"

The Fairy Children/The Green Children of Woolpit:

In Suffolk, at St Mary's of the Wolf Pits (Woolpit), a boy and his sister with green tinged skin were said to have been found at the mouth of the old wolf pits. When first discovered they were both extremely frightened, and no one could understand their speech. They were eventually taken to the home of Sir Richard de Caine at Wilkes.
They would not eat normal food, although it seemed that they were both starving. When some beanstalks were brought into the house, they made gestures to have them brought to them and proceeded to try and open the stalks to get at the beans. They were shown how to open the pods and ate beans and nothing else for a long time.
The boy remained depressed all the while, and soon succumbed to illness and died. The girl remained in good health, and eventually began to eat other food and lost her green colouring. She was baptised and lived in the service of the knight.
When she had learnt how to speak English, she related the story of how they had come to be at the entrance to the pits. She said they had come from a land where there is no sun, but light such as at our twilight all the time. She and her brother were following their flocks, when they chanced upon a cavern. They entered this cavern and heard the sound of bells and were so enchanted by the sweet music, that they stayed exploring until they came to the cavern's entrance.
They passed through and into the bright sunlight of our world. They were blinded for a while and rooted to the spot by the sudden change in atmosphere and temperature. Eventually they were caught by the villagers and brought to the hall.

Source

Also in the Egyptian Pantheon, there's Osiris the god of the dead. It's said he had green skin and was associated with regeneration, vegetation and water. He's depicted holding a crook, which is a type of staff with one end curved into a hook.

Osiris (/oʊˈsaɪərᵻs/, alternatively Ausir, Asiri or Ausar, among other spellings), was an Egyptian god, usually identified as the god of the afterlife, the underworld, and the dead, but more appropriately as the god of transition, resurrection, and regeneration. He was classically depicted as a green-skinned man with a pharaoh's beard, partially mummy-wrapped at the legs, wearing a distinctive crown with two large ostrich feathers at either side, and holding a symbolic crook and flail. Osiris was at times considered the oldest son of the earth god Geb, though other sources state his father is the sun-god Ra and the sky goddess Nut, as well as being brother and husband of Isis, with Horus being considered his posthumously begotten son. He was also associated with the epithet Khenti-Amentiu, meaning "Foremost of the Westerners", a reference to his kingship in the land of the dead. As ruler of the dead, Osiris was also sometimes called "king of the living": ancient Egyptians considered the blessed dead "the living ones". Osiris was considered the brother of Isis, Set, Nephthys, and Horus the Elder, and father of Horus the younger. Osiris is first attested in the middle of the Fifth dynasty of Egypt, although it is likely that he was worshiped much earlier; the Khenti-Amentiu epithet dates to at least the first dynasty, also as a pharaonic title. Most information available on the myths of Osiris is derived from allusions contained in the Pyramid Texts at the end of the Fifth Dynasty, later New Kingdom source documents such as the Shabaka Stone and the Contending of Horus and Seth, and much later, in narrative style from the writings of Greek authors including Plutarch and Diodorus Siculus.

Osiris was considered not only a merciful judge of the dead in the afterlife, but also the underworld agency that granted all life, including sprouting vegetation and the fertile flooding of the Nile River. He was described as the "Lord of love", "He Who is Permanently Benign and Youthful" and the "Lord of Silence". The Kings of Egypt were associated with Osiris in death – as Osiris rose from the dead they would, in union with him, inherit eternal life through a process of imitative magic. By the New Kingdom all people, not just pharaohs, were believed to be associated with Osiris at death, if they incurred the costs of the assimilation rituals.

Through the hope of new life after death, Osiris began to be associated with the cycles observed in nature, in particular vegetation and the annual flooding of the Nile, through his links with the heliacal rising of Orion and Sirius at the start of the new year. Osiris was widely worshipped as Lord of the Dead until the suppression of the Egyptian religion during the rise of Christianity in the Roman Empire.

Source

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#9 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,176 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 07:17 PM

Fordzilla.... here's some important questions.

1. Were you the only one that could see the green men at the time? I know when I was a young boy, I would have ran and told everyone that there were green men on the porch and hurry and come see!

2. Were they only there for a very short time.... seconds, minutes?

3. What other types of beings have you seen in your life?

4. Did you have a vivid imagination as a child?

Thanks for sharing your experience... and I hope we can somehow help you to make sense of it.

#10 fordzilla

fordzilla

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 163 posts
  • Interests:28 year law enforcement officer. My wife and I call ourselves "paranormal tourists." That is, we make a pastime of travelling to famous haunts and investigating/staying/visiting. We take tons of photos (Search my name on this forum to see some of them, including at least two apparitions we captured) but we NEVER attempt contact or communication.

Posted 22 August 2016 - 01:05 AM

View PostMichelleGStudy, on 21 August 2016 - 06:41 AM, said:

I am glad you left your reluctance at the door and posted this. Let me apologize now for my incessant questioning but I have so many. Your younger brother - did he feel the same as you when he saw them? Do you think they were aware of your presence? Do you have any other siblings that you have or haven't mentioned this to? This will sound completely crazy but is there such a thing as a constant watcher? I don't know why that term was the 1st thing that came into my mind while reading of your experience but it did.
   No other siblings.  I don't know what you mean by a constant watcher.  I guess we didn't discuss how the "Rain Men" made us feel.

View PostMenet, on 21 August 2016 - 07:51 AM, said:

Well this is interesting.  I like that title, Michelle.  The Constant Watcher.

Let's see if it fits.

Do you remember, Fordzilla, which direction they faced?

Was the stained glass in the windows the same color as the apparitions that sat on the porch?  Children make associations that make sense to them not necessarily anyone else.

As I recall, they both faced into the center of the patio at oblique angles.  No, the stained glass was multi-colored, and the men were green from head to toe, including their hats, clothing, shoes, and canes.

View PostCDS, on 21 August 2016 - 02:03 PM, said:

A thought... I wonder if the canes could have been staffs... :Picture 562:

They were clearly canes, with the arced handles.
"There are chords in the hearts of men which cannot be touched without emotion.  Even with the utterly lost, to whom both life and death are jest, there are some matters about which no jest can be made."- Edgar Allen Poe

#11 fordzilla

fordzilla

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 01:12 AM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 21 August 2016 - 07:17 PM, said:

Fordzilla.... here's some important questions.

1. Were you the only one that could see the green men at the time? I know when I was a young boy, I would have ran and told everyone that there were green men on the porch and hurry and come see!

2. Were they only there for a very short time.... seconds, minutes?

3. What other types of beings have you seen in your life?

4. Did you have a vivid imagination as a child?

Thanks for sharing your experience... and I hope we can somehow help you to make sense of it.

I'm 49 and my brother only admitted to having seen them in the last couple of years... I can't assume he saw them every time I did, but he did mention seeing them in the rain.  For some reason, I got the feeling that they were a normal occurrence with the rain and that everyone knew about them.  I remember once or twice mentioning the "Rain Men" to my mother and her reaction of them being a crazy notion.  She knew nothing about them and was very dismissive about them.  
      As I recall, they were consistently there during periods of rain... the rain would be falling on them as well, as they were out in the open.   I seem to remember sitting at the window and watching them at length at least once.  
      I suppose I had as fertile an imagination as any child my age.   Plenty of role-playing w/ friends.  
      I once saw a very fleeting glance of an arm in a normal walking gait go by my bedroom door at night as a teen.  At the risk of being totally dismissed as a nut, I also had a nocturnal sighting of a young bigfoot as a teen... but I don't think of them as paranormal, but rather, simply primates.

Edited by fordzilla, 26 August 2016 - 08:05 PM.

#12 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 12:50 PM

Nice going Mac...and I'm practically there with you.  Who else dresses elegantly and would make an appearance and sit out in the rain?  An elemental.  Undines (I think I have that spelled correctly) can take on a human form and although waterways are right up their ally, a good rain would be just as nice especially with a witch in the area.  If they had been facing the west (or even the North) it would have almost cinched it for us.

On the other hand, in a steady rain with greenery in the background, transparent apparitions would have looked green, I imagine.

Mac might find something yet, Fordzilla.  That's the best that I can do.

#13 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,176 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 02:32 PM

I think you're right, Menet... Elemental Spirits!. .........for those to be supernatural beings, then that would make sense.  ;)

Fordzilla... I'm wondering what attracted them to your particular porch? Did you live out away from the city? Maybe out in the country? Most aren't able see them, so your mother probably wouldn't have seen then even if you pointed them out! I'm glad however, that your younger brother had seen them too! It's confirmation to you both that it wasn't just your imagination.  ; )

#14 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,276 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 22 August 2016 - 04:27 PM

Okay, picking up from Menet's post, here is some info on Undines:

Water - Undines

The undines are the elemental beings that compose water.

They are able to control, to a great degree, the course and function of the water element. Etheric in nature, they exist within the water itself and this is why they can't be seen with the normal physical vision. These beings are beautiful to look at and are very graceful. They are often seen riding the waves of the ocean.

They can also be found in rocky pools and in marshlands. They are clothed in a shimmery substance looking like water but shinning with all the colors of the sea, with green predominating. The concept of the mermaid is connected with these elemental beings.

The undines also work with the plants that grow under the water and with the motion of water. Some undines inhabit waterfalls, others live in rivers and lakes. Every fountain has its nymph. Every ocean has its oceanids.

The undines closely resemble humans in appearance and size, except for those inhabiting smaller streams and ponds. The undines often live in coral caves under the ocean or on the shores of lakes or banks of rivers. Smaller undines live under lily pads.

The undines work with the vital essences and liquids of plants, animals, and human beings. They are present in everything containing water. There are many families of undines, as the chart indicates.

The ruler of the undines is a being called Necksa. The undines love, serve, and honor her unceasingly. They are emotional beings, very friendly and open to being of service to human beings.

The smaller undines are often seen as winged beings that people have mistakenly called fairies. Those winged beings are seen near flowers that grow in watery areas.

They have gossamer wings and gossamer clothing.

Subgroups:

• Limoniades

• Mermaids

• Naiads

• Oceanid

• Oreads

• Potamides

• Sea Maids

• Water Spirits

Source

Undines are almost invariably depicted as being female, which is consistent with the ancient idea that water is a female elemental. They are usually found in forest pools and waterfalls, and their beautiful singing voices are sometimes heard over the sound of water. The group contains many species, including oreades, nereides, limnads, naiades, mermaids and potamides.
What undines lack, compared to humans, is a soul. Marriage with a human shortens their lives on Earth, but earns them an immortal human soul
The offspring of a union between an undine and a man are human with a soul, but also with some kind of aquatic characteristic, called a watermark. Moses Binswanger, the protagonist in Hansjörg Schneider's Das Wasserzeichen (1997), has a cleft in his throat, for instance, which must be periodically submerged in water to prevent it from becoming painful

Source

And Water Deities. There is a comprehensive list of Water Deities in the source link. It consists of many different countries names of Water Deities.:

A water deity is a deity in mythology associated with water or various bodies of water. Water deities are common in mythology and were usually more important among civilizations in which the sea or ocean, or a great river was more important. Another important focus of worship of water deities were springs or holy wells.
As a form of animal worship, whales and snakes (hence dragons) have been regarded as godly deities throughout the world (other animals are such as turtles, fish, crabs, and sharks). In Asian lore, whales and dragons sometimes have connections. Serpents are also common as a symbol or as serpentine deities, sharing many similarities with dragons.

Source

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#15 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 04:36 PM

Outstanding Mac C & Menet!

#16 fordzilla

fordzilla

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 06:52 PM

No Jim,
Not in the country...suburbia.

#17 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,176 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:43 AM

That's interesting, Fordzilla... I wouldn't suspect they would be showing up in the suburbs for any lengthy visits. .....This is a fascinating case.
I wish we could go back to that house now after some 40 years and ask the present occupants about it. They would probably have some stories themselves. ; )

#18 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:45 AM

Good morning, Fordzilla..I think you need a psychic to interpret what you saw.  I'm not one, although to have a Green Witch in suburbia is not unusual.  They would work directly with elementals drawing energy from them to practice their magic.  Being Kith & Kin, they would be close to the one who called upon them.  Although being described as feminine, it is merely a description of what their roles in the natural world and the magically world are.

I grew up in a relatively small town (50,000) and we had three that I knew of.  One married into the family.  They practice no creed but their own which makes them extremely interesting.  Being as young as you were would make you a prime candidate to see what others couldn't.

#19 fordzilla

fordzilla

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 01:36 AM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 23 August 2016 - 12:43 AM, said:

That's interesting, Fordzilla... I wouldn't suspect they would be showing up in the suburbs for any lengthy visits. .....This is a fascinating case.
I wish we could go back to that house now after some 40 years and ask the present occupants about it. They would probably have some stories themselves. ; )
      I know the chairs are long gone.  I always had a feeling they were connected somehow, and they were green as well.

View PostMenet, on 23 August 2016 - 12:45 AM, said:

Good morning, Fordzilla..I think you need a psychic to interpret what you saw.  I'm not one, although to have a Green Witch in suburbia is not unusual.  They would work directly with elementals drawing energy from them to practice their magic.  Being Kith & Kin, they would be close to the one who called upon them.  Although being described as feminine, it is merely a description of what their roles in the natural world and the magically world are.

I grew up in a relatively small town (50,000) and we had three that I knew of.  One married into the family.  They practice no creed but their own which makes them extremely interesting.  Being as young as you were would make you a prime candidate to see what others couldn't.

Menet... my religion precludes the possibility of consulting a psychic.

#20 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,176 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:58 AM

Here's an interesting article concerning elementals. Click Here

Here's a clip from the article
Elementals particularly do not like the busy and lower vibrations of the inner city life, they tend to stay away. Notice when you are in a busy city, you feel the energy and the vibrations are lower and how everything seems accelerated; it does not feel relaxing or stress free. But when you’re in the country you will notice the energy has a high vibration. It feels comforting, relaxing, quiet, and serene. That is where the Elementals dwell, spend their time, and protecting and loving Mother Earth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users