Have You Ever Been Awakened By A Voice Saying Your Name?

• You cannot reply to this topic
49 replies to this topic

#41 Mikaru

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 12:48 PM

Umm... *Hides behind MacC* lol
My Signature

#42 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,737 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 14 October 2016 - 12:45 AM

I'll protect you... well at least I'll try. :whistling:
My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#43 Mikaru

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:24 AM

It happened last night. I heard my gf call my name from the kitchen loud enough to wake me. I sit up and move to get off the bed and see her next to me snoozing away. We had quite a bit of activity for us last night and I was tired. I just decided to get up and go into the kitchen for something to drink. Nothing wonderful happened until I got back to bed.
My Signature

#44 mothx1

Orb

• GS Member
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 03:15 PM

Have you ever been awakened from sleep by a disembodied voice calling you by name?
Yes, a couple times.

If so, was it a familiar voice?
No, it was a man's voice I coulden't recognize.

Did you notice anything unusual about its sound?
(like - echo like, a whisper, piercing, startling, distant, above, below, all around, etc)

Startling. It was a scream in my ear yelling my name, and another time it was a sentence.

Anything different when you awoke?
(Colder, hotter, felt different, felt at peace, tingly, frightened, etc.)

No temperature changes, but it was frightening.

Did you take it as a warning, just as unusual, or didn't give it another thought?
I questioned if it was hypnopompic hallucinations or a nightmare I quickly forgot after waking up.
After that, didn't care about it too much.

My Signature
"An entire sea of water can’t sink a ship unless it gets inside the ship. Similarly, the negativity of the world can’t put you down unless you allow it to get inside you."

#45 JustSomeGuy

Apport

• GS Member
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:32 PM

Have you ever been awakened from sleep by a disembodied voice calling you by name?

I wasn't asleep when I heard it but I was laying down for bed "I slept on the couch in the living room"

was it a familiar voice?

It was my roommates voice so I replied "what" & no answer so I went down the hall thinking he wanted me to follow but he was fast asleep in his room.

Not at all.

Nope, nothing out of the ordinary

Did you take it as a warning, just as unusual, or didn't give it another thought?

Didn't give it another thought, just went back to bed.

#46 MacQdor

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 02:39 PM

Oh yes  plenty of times

I get the subtle, whisper "Keith" male and female voice
My Signature
Attitude is your acceptance of the natural laws, or your rejection of the natural laws

#47 moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 02:54 PM

Not my name, but I could have sworn I heard my husbands voice right next to my ear a couple nights ago. He wasn't in the room.

was it a familiar voice?

Yes

No

No

It jerked me awake, I turned on the light and looked around. In the morning, I blew it off as my sleep and wake cycle being mixed up while I was drifting off.

#48 earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,352 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 12:31 AM

I woke from a nap this afternoon by someone saying 'mama' twice -sounded like a little girl... I don't have kids !! :o
My Signature
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#49 puq

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:30 AM

I wake up like 2-3 times a month to my mother calling my name. The voice is echoed a bit and semi-distant, but I know exactly why. As a kid I didn't have an alarm clock because my mom would always wake up at the same time as me because she had to go to work, so she always called my name in the morning. And me living upstairs, and the hallway outside my door being rather large with solid concrete walls it echoed a lot up there. So when I hear my mom calling me in the morning, it sounds exactly like it did as a kid. I'm no paranornal believer, my mom is alive, healthy and fine, so I just attribute it to the brain doing weird stuff when half asleep.

#50 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:18 AM

puq do you live up stairs from your mum? If so maybe she is still calling you to wake you up. There are a lot of non-paranormal believers here on the boards so glad you can join us :yes: and I am sure people can attribute a lot of weird things happening to them, being half asleep.
My Signature

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com