• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#21 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 273 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Computer Programming, IT, Web Technologies, Space and Astronomy

Posted 14 April 2016 - 10:41 AM

That would be greatful EVP for the Chrome noise. All the noise types I can test with helps with my research.

As for the sounds on my snippets, I am glad I have some more experienced ears to help me in these early days as I don't want to rush off at any quirk or bump on a recording.

Audition, that would be Adobe's product.

#22 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 01:00 PM

Yes Sean, that's an Adobe product. Check you pm to get this rolling.
Posted Image
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.:"
----Bertrand Russell----

#23 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 273 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Computer Programming, IT, Web Technologies, Space and Astronomy

Posted 24 April 2016 - 10:09 AM

Thanks EVP.

Been off for while but now back.

#24 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 273 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:07 AM

I have done another 3 sessions since my last update.
1 at home,
1 in a disused quarry where my granddad worked. I did this during the afternoon but lots of ambient noise like birds signing plus halfway through recording 2 love birds turned up in their car and had loud sex!!
1 on the local common land late at night to reduce ambient noise.

No signs of interference or any EVP's

#25 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 273 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 11:44 AM

I have done another 3 sessions over the last couple of days.
1 on Castlemorton common, The British Camp on the Malvern Hills and the Worcestershire Beacon on the Malvern Hills.

No EVP's were found on any of the recordings.

I have done several EVP Research session at non-haunted locations now and I have had no EVP at all, which does suggest to me that my Test container is good and filtering out all interference and any possible radio interference.

I am now going to start doing EVP research session at possible haunted locations.

#26 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 12:04 PM

I don't usually find that a known haunted location is that important or offer any more of a chance to get responses. It's my belief one should get EVP's anywhere. Let me ask you, are you holding the recording device or just placing it down?

#27 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 273 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 12:20 AM

Hi, CDS
In the testing sessions, the recorder is placed in an isolated Faraday cage with dense foam sound protection. See the beginning posts of this thread for more info.

*If* the phenomenon exists, then I would expect it to be everywhere. This is what I am testing and researching. So far no EVP's have been detected.

#28 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 04:47 AM

View PostCapt-Zeanie, on 18 June 2016 - 12:20 AM, said:

Hi, CDS
In the testing sessions, the recorder is placed in an isolated Faraday cage with dense foam sound protection. See the beginning posts of this thread for more info.

*If* the phenomenon exists, then I would expect it to be everywhere. This is what I am testing and researching. So far no EVP's have been detected.

Oh ya, My bad. I thought you moved past that already...

Capt, intent seems to  play a major role. ;)

#29 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 273 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:13 AM

No, still testing my equipment.

I just want to make sure that what I am using can not pick up any sort of man-made interference (Radio, PMR, etc) so that when an EVP actually happens I would feel much more comfortable about it being genuine.
Once I have finished the testing in the faraday cage setup, I will go back to the same locations and try again but with the recorder now in the open ie on a table etc.

As I said before "*If* the phenomenon exists, then I would expect it to be everywhere." so I should start picking things up when the recorder is not in the faraday cage.

I have looked at some video's of Don Philips on Youtube and he get's EVP everywhere, so in theory so should everyone else including me, however Don has a Spirit friend called Becky, plus he claims to have the ability to communicate when conditions are right. I am yet to prove this.

My key belief is "when I see it with my own eye's" and one of my secret goals is for the EVP to say my first name correctly as everyone in the world always gets it wrong the first time. If a spirit could do that then I would be a believer.

#30 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 273 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 02:33 AM

I did a test session last night at a local graveyard at 11pm. I only spent 30mins recording.

This graveyard is one I knew quite well as a child as I spent many hours a week there when I was in the Church Choir and also as it very close to where I lived we (all the local kids)  would hang out there in the evening talking, playing football and climbing the trees.

I have just listened to the recording twice and I can hear nothing at all, so no EVP's

Onto the next location...

#31 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 273 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:38 AM

Here is another update..

I had hoped that tonight I was going to stay the night in my mother-in-laws house all alone as the rest of the family have all gone to Ireland to a 200+ family get together weekend. I had to stay because of work (I could not get the time off) though I had hoped to stayt the night however work has got in the way again as we have another sale to mark up for so doing an all nighter. Bah Humbug.

On another note I have come to the end of my testing session in trying to capture an EVP. So far I have caught nothing at all. So what's left after doing all the rounds of non-haunted places and a couple of supposed haunted places. I am to think my new approach at capturing an EVP

#32 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 273 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 11:33 AM

I have spent a few days thinking about EVP's and I think I will give a homemade spirit box a try. I won't use a modded radio though as I want to try are keep away from anything that can be questioned as being possible radio interference or bleed through on frequencies. So looking to start with the basic Raudive Diode type, if it was good enough for Raudive then it will be good enough for me to use as a starting point for creating clear EVP's. Another round of testing.

#33 siguie

siguie

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 02:56 PM

Cool but have you researched the Raudive Diode circuits? 'cuz there really wasn't "one" it was like a work in progress with tons of concept tweaks and too many people claiming they have the original/correct circuit.

As an aside, something that you may want to try is simply taking a coil of magnet wire and creating an "antenna" that plugs into a digital microphone port.

IF you happen to have oodles of tech paraphernalia lying around you can use a mono splitter plug and a mono audio cable, plug both ends of the cable into the splitter and then the splitter into your microphone jack. Essentially you just made an antenna that plugs into your digital recorder. * Use At Own Risk *

If nothing else you can pickup the 60Hz hum from the mains around you and perhaps EVPs. In any event it's a lot easier than trying to figure out which Raudive Diode circuits are real or what they are doing. Anyways, I played with these things {different antenna types} a long time ago and had the same success as with spirit boxes which is to say nothing at all but YMMV :yes:

Oh and the above was my idea of going back to basics which is what it kind of sounded like you were doing. The whole idea being that if the spirits are not speaking into the mic then how is the EVP being recorded etc. then ok no mic let's see what happens. Though to be fair I've never caught an EVP with a mic either though maybe I just never noticed.

Edited by siguie, 13 August 2016 - 02:57 PM.

- siguie -

#34 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 03:46 PM

You can use audacity to generate white noise, then loop play it off another recorder or cell phone...

#35 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,541 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:36 PM

CDS, what's your opinion on white noise? Easier for spirits to use to communicate and manipulate, or added background noise that can cause audio pareidolia?

I've always used silence as much as possible to rule pareidolia out, but rarely with an added noise source

Posted Image

#36 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 273 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 02:23 AM

Yes, starting from some sort of basics.

I have several mp3 that I have generated from Audacity (White,Pink,Brown) and also Chrome but when I used these in my last testing sessions I still got nothing (when inside my Faraday cage or outside my Faraday cage), which is good from a sceptical point of view and at least I have verified that my digital recorders are good at not picking up stray radio transmissions when outside my Faraday cage.

Originally EVP's in the early days was recorded onto simple recording equipment, so starting with a simple Raudive Diode setup no matter what of the intended circuits is my next challenge where I shall breadboard all the circuits and try various things.
I am not to likeable towards these Ghost Boxes that scan radio frequenices as there are way to many voice fragments,  I much prefer a more silent type where it's a lot clearer and less pareidolia

I am not sure really how the white noise helps when this is only heard from a speaker and the early EVP's where all recorded without White noise (ie when recording bird songs etc) but I shall still incorporate these sound into some my testing as it would be silly to disregard it altogether.

I also have some coil (external telephone microphone type) that I have not used yet, which is similar to that Siguie has suggested.

#37 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 02:41 AM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 13 August 2016 - 05:36 PM, said:

CDS, what's your opinion on white noise? Easier for spirits to use to communicate and manipulate, or added background noise that can cause audio pareidolia?

I've always used silence as much as possible to rule pareidolia out, but rarely with an added noise source

i have found a lot of serious EVP enthusiasts like to play white noise or other type of base noise file. They say it makes it easier for the spirit to communicate.

I never really got into experimenting with it. I have seen some good evidence to support it.

I did some work on trying to catch EVP;s in a vacuum.

#38 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 273 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 07:51 AM

View PostCDS, on 14 August 2016 - 02:41 AM, said:

I did some work on trying to catch EVP;s in a vacuum.

Did you collect anything?

There is one paranormal investigator that gets EVP's every time he turns his recorder on WITHOUT any white noise etc which does astonish me and that is Don Philips on Youtube

Edited by Capt-Zeanie, 14 August 2016 - 07:52 AM.

#39 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 09:04 AM

There were responses, but still, I was not happy with the experiment as a whole and may revisit it someday...

#40 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 14 August 2016 - 11:44 AM

I know this may sound idiotic, but have any of you tried turning on a taser, in short bursts.  Then tried doing an EVP session, to see if the added energy in the atmosphere, would make it easier for the ghosts/spirits to communicate?

Edited by MacCGStudy, 14 August 2016 - 11:45 AM.
spelling

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users