Free Skins
© Fisana

Has Anyone Here Ever Gotten Results With An Etch A Sketch?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 JustSomeGuy

JustSomeGuy

Apport

• GS Member
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:18 PM

Heck it might be easy for a spirit to manipulate the aluminum powder inside an Etch a Sketch.

It'd be great if someone would give it a try next time your investigating & tell me how it goes.

#2 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,646 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:32 PM

Well that's a scary thought.  :ermm:
It sounds like something that should be included in the next block buster horror movie.  :wacko:
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#3 JustSomeGuy

JustSomeGuy

Apport

• GS Member
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:36 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 29 December 2016 - 01:32 PM, said:

Well that's a scary thing to think about.  :ermm:
It sounds like something that should be included in the next block buster horror movie.  :wacko:

LOL..An Etch a Sketch? Now baby monitors are scary, to hear some voice in you child's room...hell nah!

#4 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 02:58 PM

Actually I have one with the idea for it being a toy that a child ghost might play with :yes: but I've never really done that kind of investigation so it's not been used for ghosting yet BUT it's in my ghost toy arsenal :yes:

FYI it's pretty tough to turn the little knobs and you should expect a few quarter inch lines from temperature variations BUT I think it's a great idea PLUS they are still cool toys :yes:
- siguie -

#5 JustSomeGuy

JustSomeGuy

Apport

• GS Member
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 03:25 PM

View Postsiguie, on 29 December 2016 - 02:58 PM, said:

Actually I have one with the idea for it being a toy that a child ghost might play with :yes: but I've never really done that kind of investigation so it's not been used for ghosting yet BUT it's in my ghost toy arsenal :yes:

FYI it's pretty tough to turn the little knobs and you should expect a few quarter inch lines from temperature variations BUT I think it's a great idea PLUS they are still cool toys :yes:

I'm not referring to the knobs, I see no reason why they couldn't manipulate the aluminum powder directly without even having to move the knobs.

Edited by JustSomeGuy, 29 December 2016 - 03:26 PM.

#6 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,646 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:16 AM

Exactly... and would be even more freaky that way, JustSomeGuy.  :wacko:  And I would say it's probable.
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#7 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 05:20 AM

Hmmmm, Interesting. Isn't the basic principle of these based on static charge...?

#8 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 11:10 AM

I saw something on that a long time ago and have worked with people who carried one around for several years.   I can't remember any results ever (actually,  if there were I'd probably still carry one so I can say pretty confidently there weren't).   But you never know what will work.   If you feel drawn towards using one,  do it.   I have a Sid the Science Kid microphone that I picked up at Pamida that just hangs around most of the time but starts talking often enough I  pull a toy out in front of clients.
Posted Image

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#9 JustSomeGuy

JustSomeGuy

Apport

• GS Member
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 11:57 AM

View PostCDS, on 30 December 2016 - 05:20 AM, said:

Hmmmm, Interesting. Isn't the basic principle of these based on static charge...?

I believe static cling is how the aluminum beads adhere to the surface of the screen but don't quote me on that I'm not 100% sure.

Edited by JustSomeGuy, 30 December 2016 - 11:58 AM.

#10 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 01:52 PM

Oh if they are not supposed to turn the knobs why not just leave out a small sandbox like one of those desktop zen things? I actually have one also in the ghost toolbox with marbles :yes:

If you think they do some kind of static thing why not just get a piece of 3mil plastic sheet and sprinkle some graphite or talc on it and see what you get. I just thought you were going for the toy angle.
- siguie -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users