• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_cinjensen_*

Guest_cinjensen_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2004 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE(smudge @ Dec 5 2004, 03:49 PM)
Hi
Those who have posted fabricated pics here in this thread have done so purely to prove just how easy it is to fabricate a picture. None of those posted will ever be shown and claimed to be genuine ghost pics.

I had a go at fabricating just to see how easily it can be achieved. And yes it was very easy if you know how to use a graphics programme.
One thing I learned from doing the fabricated pic, was that you should NEVER take any pic at face value.

There are many many people out there who will fabricate pics and claim them to be genuine untouched photo's...knowing how they make them has helped my understanding of what to look for in a pic that is being offered for opinion, or as a true capture.

I do have a life and better things to do... but ghost study is my little bolt hole, and the the possibility of a true ghost turning up in a pic fascinates me, I therefore want to be able to rule out things I see in pics when trying to judge for myself whether that pic is genuine or fabricated.

Hope that goes some way to explaining why I had a go at fabricating a picture... it was basically just a research lesson.

debbie

View Post

Hi Debbie,
I did not mean whay anyone on here would do it.  I meant why would people make them and pass them off as real.  I was not talking about doing it to learn.
Cindy

#22 Guest_parkeae_*

Guest_parkeae_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2004 - 01:07 AM

LOL, I am impressed with the pictures everyone created!  

For some reason lately I am having a hard time believing so many of the ghost pictures out there are fabricated.  There are so many people out there that do create a 'ghost' photograph and try to pass it as authentic (it's different when it's just for fun/learning experience, like on this thread), it's just hard to decide what to believe.

Geez, I know, I sound like a skeptic, but I really don't think I am.  The whole reason I came to this website and message board is because I had an experience about two years ago.  I never thought in a million years that I would actually ever see anything paranormal with my own eyes, so after it happened I tried as hard as possible to forget about it (b/c frankly, I was really scared).  So I did pretty good about putting everything out of my head for a while, but a couple of months ago I started thinking about it again.  I figured that maybe the best way to get over my fear was to actually do some research about ghosts, and here I am today.

I tend to over-analyze everything in life, therefore I tend to over-analyze ghost photos.

Sorry, I know that I've already typed a lot, but there are a few opinions I wanted to share about ghost photographs.  I just have a lot of stuff I really want to get off my chest, and hopefully all of you can help me understand certain things.

I want to make clear that I am NOT saying that all ghost photographs are fabricated, I just basically have a lot of questions about most of them.

1. "Vintage" photographs- I'm talking about the really old pictures that took like ten minutes just to make the snap-shot.  I think everyone knows that there can easily be a chance for mysterious images (whether their intentional or unintentional) showing up in these pictures by someone stepping into the frame or movement of the person being photographed.  It's just so hard for me to believe these photos are authentic because of the huge possiblity of things/people not remaining still when the photo was taken.

2. Blurry photographs- So many ghost photos are blurry!  I know that ghost-hunters use special cameras, but I don't know anything about professional ghost-hunting equipment, so I can't judge what a good photo should look like.  I'm referring to the photos taken with regular cameras.  Somebodies got to be able to take a clear ghost photo!

3. You see what you want to see- I've discovered that I can look at almost any photograph and see some sort paranormal image.  I'm talking about not very obvious things, but really small things that really are nothing.  I know that the ghosts in authentic photographs usually don't just automatically pop out of the photograph when you look at it, but sometimes if you just stare at a photograph for a long time and you are specifically looking for a ghost, etc... your eyes begin playing tricks on you and you see whatever you want.  

4. Webcams- Some do have obivious things in the captures, but most of the time the capture is so pixelated its hard to tell what you are looking at!

5. Circumstances surrounding the picture- Obviously, over the internet it is hard to tell whether or not a person is telling the truth about their picture.  Any ole' chum can post anything on the internet and say it's true.  A basic reason not to believe everything you read on the internet is true.  

6. Some pictures are just too real!  I know that ghosts can come in all shapes, forms, and sizes, but some ghosts seem a little to life like (and I mean like living, breathing, humans!)  

Ok, I'll stop my ranting now, sorry about that!  I'm not trying to be offensive to anyone here, these are just obeservations I have picked up through several websites.            

#23 Guest_parkeae_*

Guest_parkeae_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2004 - 01:09 AM

I think I found a spider and an 18-wheeler truck.

If you didn't put these here, then there is some crazy stuff going on at the beach

Edited by parkeae, 13 December 2004 - 01:18 AM.

#24 Dynamic

Dynamic

Banshee

• Pip
  • 182 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Webdesign, Ghosts, Music, Bass Guitar, anything else that is paranormal related.

Posted 13 December 2004 - 07:26 AM

haha. I didn't put them there. But I would like to see where you saw it haha.

#25 Guest_reticent1_*

Guest_reticent1_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2004 - 09:34 AM

Here's what i see.  Yeah, i know there's 3 areas, but the largest one is what i initially saw, but could be just a shadow in the pic.
user posted image
And if you make it much more difficult, it'll be impossible to tell the difference between the fab'd ghosts and its surroundings! LOL

#26 Dynamic

Dynamic

Banshee

• Pip
  • 182 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Webdesign, Ghosts, Music, Bass Guitar, anything else that is paranormal related.

Posted 13 December 2004 - 04:09 PM

haha ok. This one you had to look REALLY carefully, but you can tell. Ok we have 2 apparitions. We have 1 man up on the house, as you found already.  The reason he looks like 2 is the way the light is hitting him (he is facing the camera). Now the second one is of the Titanic. Why else would I put a beach in a photo? lol.

Ok, now for you all to see the photo with the mystery solved tongue.gif
user posted image

#27 Smudge

Smudge

Spookyliscious

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 04:40 AM

Hi Debbie,
I did not mean whay anyone on here would do it. I meant why would people make them and pass them off as real. I was not talking about doing it to learn.
Cindy

Hi Cindy
Sorry if my post came over wrong.. I was not having a go at you. Just trying to explain, and looks like I misunderstood what you were stating blink.gif
Apologies

Deb
user posted image

#28 Mistypoo

Mistypoo

Pookie Hunter

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,326 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE(Dynamic @ Dec 15 2004, 04:55 AM)
Dude, I think you just found real ghosts lol. I mean it does not look like people, cos they are transparent... lol I was trying to make a fabricated photo, and it had ghosts in it after all. And no, really, I did not put them in there. You got good eyes.

View Post

How funny! laugh.gif  Thats soo one of those Murphys law kinda things. You make a admitted fabricated pic, but something real shows up in it. But now, past us, if you showed to anyone they could look at the info and say but it was PS'ed! Its a cruel world.  biggrin.gif

#29 JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Lil' D's Gramma

• GS Member
  • 15,277 posts
  • Location:Over the Hill and Through the Woods...Really just Over the Hill
  • Interests:My grandson!!

Posted 16 December 2004 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE(DarthAce @ Dec 14 2004, 04:58 PM)
Uhhh, if all you put in were the person on the balcony and the Titanic,  then whats up with the little kid to the right?  I saw it even before I got to reticents reply.

View Post

HaH! That's funny! DarthAce ~ GOOD eyes! LOL.....this is good.  biggrin.gif

Dynamic, great job with the ship and balcony. Difficult to find.

#30 Guest_GhostRedcoats_*

Guest_GhostRedcoats_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2004 - 12:17 AM

This photo had me going for a few seconds when I first looked at it....I hope it loads up on here the same way as it looks on my comp....not fabricated per se, just a coincidence. The house is empty of people.

#31 Mistypoo

Mistypoo

Pookie Hunter

• GS Member
  • 15,326 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 02:39 AM

QUOTE(GhostRedcoatsGStudy @ Dec 17 2004, 10:17 AM)
This photo had me going for a few seconds when I first looked at it....I hope it loads up on here the same way as it looks on my comp....not fabricated per se, just a coincidence. The house is empty of people.

View Post

Thing in window? I am sooo bad at this game.  sad.gif

#32 JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Lil' D's Gramma

• GS Member
  • 15,277 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE(GhostRedcoatsGStudy @ Dec 17 2004, 12:17 AM)

View Post

GRC, I remember this picture. It belonged to a member here on the original board. He and his GF actually live here. It looks to a little boy in the window on the side of the house. He had stated it was download onto a lap top which made it look completely different from the PC download. It was her crystals in the window that made the illusion. I was baffled by this pic. Too me, crystals or not, this looks like a little boy.

#33 JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Lil' D's Gramma

• GS Member
  • 15,277 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 10:08 AM

QUOTE(Dynamic @ Dec 14 2004, 06:55 PM)
Dude, I think you just found real ghosts lol. I mean it does not look like people, cos they are transparent... lol I was trying to make a fabricated photo, and it had ghosts in it after all. And no, really, I did not put them in there. You got good eyes.

View Post

Okay, I had to take a closer look. I have found it's a combination of the fence and the waves making this look like a child standing there. Another great illusion. I still say good eyes for DarthAce  biggrin.gif

user posted image

#34 JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Lil' D's Gramma

• GS Member
  • 15,277 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 11:34 PM

Well, I found the face in the water right away but had a difficult time finding something else. I'm still not sure I have it. The yellowish thing straight back that would be standing on the ground? Or the imagine of half a face on the tree in the center almost to the top?

#35 SamBuca

SamBuca

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 07:37 AM

I can't find the thread anymore (maybe it was on the old board system), but I created this image to show the merging of two images without pixelation problems.

user posted image

Got the images off of google.
Omne ignotum pro magnifico est, sed in Spiritam veritas.
user posted image

#36 Guest_reticent1_*

Guest_reticent1_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2005 - 12:06 PM

Okay here's one to hopefully get things going again.  This was taken at the Crescent (most know it's my fav place to go).  Check out the odd thing on the lower left.

It is simply reflection from the mirror.  This is a perfect example of why we should avoid mirrors, esp. with the flash on.
user posted image

#37 JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Lil' D's Gramma

• GS Member
  • 15,277 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 09:54 AM

ohmy.gif I see a person in the mirror! AHHHHH!  ohmy.gif

*dodges tomatoes*

#38 Mistypoo

Mistypoo

Pookie Hunter

• GS Member
  • 15,326 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE(JeepersCreepersGStudy @ Jan 18 2005, 07:54 PM)
ohmy.gif I see a person in the mirror! AHHHHH!  ohmy.gif

*dodges tomatoes*

View Post

user posted image   Too funny... laugh.gif

#39 Guest_reticent1_*

Guest_reticent1_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2005 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE(JeepersCreepersGStudy @ Jan 18 2005, 12:54 PM)
ohmy.gif I see a person in the mirror! AHHHHH!  ohmy.gif

*dodges tomatoes*

View Post

You know...I honestly can't tell what that is.  My son was on the other side of me, but that definately isn't him.  I just discounted everything due to the hard reflection of the flash, and the flare it caused.

I wouldn't dare throw any tomatoes at you.  

(But I'd be the first to laugh at ya' afterward)!  user posted imageuser posted image

#40 corinna805

corinna805

EVP

• GS Member
  • 94 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 07:07 AM

There are some very good fabricated pictures here.  Red your pictures are pretty convincing; nice job.  

For those who believe that a digital camera cannot create a double exposure. Here is a picture I took using my Samsung 4.0 mp Digimax 430, I was taking a picture of the painting and the painter; this was a grand opening for the community college new Marine Biology Center, anyways as you can see, there is a semi-transparent Biology instructor.  The instructor was in another picture; the one after this one.

user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users