#1 JeepersCreepers

Lil' D's Gramma

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,277 posts
  • Location:Over the Hill and Through the Woods...Really just Over the Hill
  • Interests:My grandson!!

Posted 26 October 2004 - 01:52 PM

Now this is not the "share your ghost photo forum", this is the place if you want your picture really nit picked apart. The best knowledge is here to find answers about your ghost photos. So if you are serious then post away!

#2 Guest_corvette1972_*

• Guests

Posted 26 October 2004 - 01:57 PM

Now I have some photos for you...lol...let me get one together

#3 BAD_BUTTERFLY

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 281 posts
  • Interests:please pm me if you want any information psychic wise.

Posted 26 October 2004 - 03:39 PM

IPB Image

Ok I had this pic up on the ezboard. Many of our members said that they saw somethign in the left side window.  They asked if there was statues in the windows, I don't believe that there is.  So since then I have downloaded adobe photoshop to try and see things better that what I was able to see with the paint program.  I have found that I am completely retarted when it comes to photoshop and I don't believe I will ever understand how to use it.  So those of you that might be able to figure out what is in the window, please take a stab at it.

Thanks
Samantha
AKA BAD_BUTTERFLY

#4 Guest_reticent1_*

• Guests

Posted 26 October 2004 - 03:59 PM

Ok.  This pic was posted before, but there are some new members and not-so-new members that may not have seen it, and can give some input.  This pic has got me stumped.

This pic was taken at a university in Arkansas.  The campus was completely closed, except for middle school children to attend band camp.  There were no classes offered at this time, nor were there any other activities going on at this time.   This was taken from the end of a hall on the 2nd floor.  Yes, it was taken from indoors, but the hall behind me was dark with the only source of light being the window from which this pic was taken, and I used no flash.  You can also see where they seem to 'enter' or 'exit' from the trees.

The weather that day was mostly sunny, no rain, no wind (maybe slight breeze now and then).  It is not smoke, as it is on campus.  Plus, if it were smoke, it would dissipate as it rose.  They're not trees, as they would be dead and way too tall to sustain themselves.  They would also be cut down as they would pose a hazard, besides just being an eyesore on a university campus.  

The first is the original, and the second has the area in question cropped and enlarged w/in the photo.
IPB Image
IPB Image

Thanks ahead of time for any input.

#5 BAD_BUTTERFLY

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 281 posts
  • Interests:please pm me if you want any information psychic wise.

Posted 26 October 2004 - 05:33 PM

is it possible that it could have been cause by bottle rockets?

#6 Guest_reticent1_*

• Guests

Posted 26 October 2004 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE(BAD_BUTTERFLY @ Oct 26 2004, 08:33 PM)
is it possible that it could have been cause by bottle rockets?
View Post

No.  I was standing at the window for quite some time, and would have seen that.  The campus was closed.  So although, it may be possible, the chance is slim to none.  I was kind of thinking that if it were smoke, whether from bottle rockets or another source, it would still dissipate at one end or the other.  But there doesn't seem to be any dissipation.

#7 Guest_reticent1_*

• Guests

Posted 26 October 2004 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE(BAD_BUTTERFLY @ Oct 26 2004, 06:39 PM)
I have found that I am completely retarted when it comes to photoshop and I don't believe I will ever understand how to use it.  So those of you that might be able to figure out what is in the window, please take a stab at it.

LOL!  I have a new program, and am having trouble, too!  I see something in the window, but am unable to get a closer look.  Although it looks like reflection from this point, there may be something else I'm not seeing.  I'm sure you'll get better input from others.  I'm not much assistance. rolleyes.gif

#8 Guest_corvette1972_*

• Guests

Posted 26 October 2004 - 07:17 PM

I remember that photo...I have always wondered what caused that

#9 Guest_GhostRedcoats_*

• Guests

Posted 26 October 2004 - 08:21 PM

BB, about as big as I could get it...

#10 Guest_reticent1_*

• Guests

Posted 26 October 2004 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE(GhostRedcoatsGStudy @ Oct 26 2004, 11:21 PM)
BB, about as big as I could get it...
View Post

Thanks, GRC!  

Wow!  I do see something.  But as this is for photo analysis, I'll have to say that it's difficult to rule out reflection.  We can't see what's actually reflecting from the window, as the range is out of the pic (make sense?), and it's quite far away.  After enlarging, there appears more pixelation, making it difficult to make a sure determination.  

(But, as a non analytical opinion, i think it looks like a girl/woman in a gown looking out the window with her right hand on the windowsill). wink.gif

#11 Upstate

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:

Posted 26 October 2004 - 08:36 PM

Well Here it is again.......do whatever ya got to do to it....IPB Image
http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL749/275891...35/70818291.jpg

#12 Guest_Hebegeebe_*

• Guests

Posted 26 October 2004 - 08:43 PM

I have to put this here.
I want it analized. It is a leaf. Floating in the same spot in the air. It was flipping and turning. Sideway's, up and over and back the other way, but in no specific pattern. It didn't move more than four inches in any direction while doing so. I watched it for a good 10 min., then drove slowly away. When I came back 5 min later it was gone.
It was a very foggy morning. The condensation was high, and any spiderwebs I saw were very clear to the naked eye. I have a picture of one taken on the same day for comparison sake if anybody wants to see it.
When I stood under it it was about ten or eleven feet off the ground and there were none of the higher stones near by.
It was close to center between rows of trees approx. thirty to fourty feet apart.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

This next one shows the distance b/w the trees taken the next day per request of board members.

IPB Image

Thank you for your time. smile.gif

#13 Guest_reticent1_*

• Guests

Posted 26 October 2004 - 08:53 PM

Heebs, I haven't seen these or heard the story.  That's  pretty amazing.  Looks like a pretty still morning with the fog there.  Pretty interesting that a leaf was being 'tossed' about with no visible/obvious force...

#14 Guest_GhostRedcoats_*

• Guests

Posted 26 October 2004 - 08:57 PM

Much as the idea of a haunted leaf sends me a-tingling,  wink.gif  I have to say spiderweb strand. Surely there could have been one that you couldn't make out with your eyes? And alas, I don't know if anyone could find one using software even if it was there.

#15 Eclectic420

Shadow Ghost

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 10:26 PM

greetings,

first off, i wanna thank jeepers for getting this started again.

now for my opinions on what I'm seeing, ill start from the top and work myself down.

BAD_BUTTERFLY

to me, i can see what some would think is a figure in the window. honestly, i think we have an illusion caused by the reflective surface of the window. maybe there is something in side showing part way through the window, i cant say for sure. i did notice though in the center windows above the doors there appears to be something white on the inside there with the same coloration as the white that shows in the left window. i personally think in the left window we have the sky showing itself on the window peeking through the trees.

reticent1

sheesh, this one again...lol. i had held my comments on this one from the other board cause quite frankly, it has me puzzled. i honestly have looked and studied this image considerably, racking my brain to come up with a plausible explanation. however, short from it being bottle rockets, or possibly those little hobby rockets, or a natural weather anomaly, i am still puzzled. those explanations just seem lacking to me.
of-course I'm not willing to label it as paranormal, as in ghostly at this time. i really wish you had a control image. I'm thinking of something now, but it would be hard to prove with out the control shot. ill say this though, the one on the left, that at first would appear to be going through the tree, i don't believe is. i think the white thing on the bottom part of the tree is something else, possibly a light pole. but this will be hard to confirm with out a control shot. are you planning on going back any time soon? i would like to see a pic of the same area and relative angle.
as of right now i would label this one as "unexplained".

Upstate
first off....i love the misfits, although they were far better when Glen was with them.
now to the picture.
i honestly think you may have caught a real tv ghost here. but i honestly can not be positive. i wasn't there and can only take your word that the television was turned off, and that nobody was reflecting themselves into the tv just out of frame.  honestly i don't see how a person could reflect them self onto the tv screen as brightly as that with out being right up on the tv, or any other object for that matter. for it to be so bright and clear they/it would have to be directly in front of the tv just a few inches away. so anyway, if the tv was truly not on, and no image manipulation done (not in anyway a accusation) then i would say you have a positive capture here.....for me to say that is a very rare thing...everybody take a picture.

Hebegeebe
i honestly never posted on these images before because, to me it seemed you were unwilling to except the idea of the leaf being connected to a web that you couldn't see. i know in the past you questioned the idea of a spider being able to get a web that long. but they can and do. i myself just the other day seen a web stretching from one side of my yard to the other side. at the start of the web i looked to see if i could see it all the way across, and actually to my surprise, the web was unable to be seen less than 10 feet from where i stood. but if i walked up closer to it i could see it and follow it. it also was spanning a gap of nearly 30 or 40 feet, but only about face high. i studied the web especially due to this photo. so i can say for sure that a spider is very capable of spanning a single web strand 30 or 40 feet. this is actually what i believe you have captured, a leaf tangled in a spider web spanning from one side of the cemetery to the next.

so anyway you all, thats how i see things right now. i make no claim to be an expert, and i admit  i could be wrong. its just the way i see these images right now.

i hope i helped.

blessings,

My Signature

Posted Image

"a person can be so open minded, that they infact are close minded."-ME

"Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate"-William of Ockham (Ockham's razor)

My MySpace Page - Add Me If You Like

The Eclectic Mind

#16 SMS

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 12:46 AM

GOOD PIC.  MAYBE IT WAS CAUGHT IN A WEB, HOWEVER IT HAS DEFINITELY CAUGHT ALL OF OUR ATTENTION.  biggrin.gif

#17 Guest_corvette1972_*

• Guests

Posted 27 October 2004 - 04:38 AM

WOW this is the first time I think I have ever heard of Eclectic420 being stumped...I love reading your reviews of photos, I have been waiting since you joined the board for you to pick apart my photos...you make awsome points and when some of us are quick to jump.."ghost!!!" You bring us back to reality and offer other points!!!

As to recient1's photo...this one still keeps me wondering...I love it!

#18 Guest_corvette1972_*

• Guests

Posted 27 October 2004 - 04:39 AM

I ment to say since I joined the board...not you...sorry

#19 babyjo53

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 04:55 AM

this thread is a great idea. I am just a beginner so I need to learn. I fall way on the side of skepticism even with my own pictures. I just want to eliminate all other possibilities before going with paranormal. I will watch this with great interest.
My Signature
user posted image

#20 Guest_Hebegeebe_*

• Guests

Posted 27 October 2004 - 06:06 AM

Thank you all for your prompt responses.

Reticent, yes it was a very calm morning with no wind.

GRC, I am not dismissing the notion hun.  wink.gif

Eclectic, thank you for your post.
I am sorry you didn't respond on the other board.  sad.gif
I am in no way saying that this wasn't a spiderweb.
The main reason that that doesn't fit though is the way the leaf was turning.
If something is caught in a web, the most it can do is go around and around it.
This leaf was not only going end over end, but side to side, diag., vertically, horizantally... ervery which way the dang thing could turn. lol
And it was turning FAST.
With no wind.
As I said, I watched it for a good 10 minutes. If it was a web, wouldn't it have broken with all the flipping and turning???
For comparison sake, this is what the spiderwebs looked like that morning. They were all clearly visible.
IPB Image

Thank you all for examining my pictures.
I posted them here, simply wondering if anything besides a spiderweb could have done this.  smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com