• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

#41 Darklighter

Darklighter

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • Interests:At the moment my main interests are photography, ghost hunting, sight seeing, reading, and scrapbooking.<br /><br />After emerging from my bout with a debilitating illness (Latin name Isuckus Muchhardus) relatively unscathed I've resumed haunting the boards.<br /><br />Now mobile and armed with a camera and a taperecorder (among other tools) I'm up for investigating any ghostly happenings and haunted sights in the UK and Ireland. <br /><br />Contact me at Darklighter_Solo@hotmail.com if you want to go on a ghost hunting jaunt.

Posted 01 November 2004 - 08:22 AM

QUOTE(Hunter @ Nov 1 2004, 04:20 PM)
Okay you got my curiosity up. These photos have been bothering me for a while. I know what I see but would like to see what others see. Especially you Eclectic420. You seem to have a unique gift for seeing things that not everyone else sees at times and putting them to words. I could us someone like you sometimes.

These pictures were taken at my house. I was taking them to send to my sisiter so she can see my new house and what it looks like. these are the only 2 that seemed to capture anything. I did not see them when they were taken. My sisiter did and let me know about it.

The little Ham in the pictures is my son.

Pic number 1. Face or orb in fire place. there is nothing reflective in the fireplace. It is all pitch black. Plus it appears to be behind the metal screen in front of the fire place.

Picture #2. Above the Television and just behind the top left speaker near the hall there appears to be a very clear angry looking face looking at the camera and in the hall is another orb with a very clear face looking at my son. He appears to be wearing 1920ís style clothing with high collar and bow tie with a large mustache.
View Post

My analysis based on the information you have given is as follows:

Photo 2:

-Many orbs, all of the same composition and shape
-All orbs appear strikingly similar
-Orb appears partially obscured behind speaker
-orb in hall and behind speaker appear to have the same face

Conclusion: My first reaction was that perhaps your camera was creating strange orbs when it caught dust, and giving them strange shapes and substance. But the orb is hidden behind the speaker, and this suggests to me that it is a true orb.  And if it is a true orb, the other two in the photo might be as well. But I can't say for sure. My opinion on this is: Inconlusive, but leaning towards true orb.
It doesn't look or feel angry to me though. I know you seem to think it's making an angry face.  To me it just looks like it's watching.  Any negative vibes in the house? Because this orb as a negative entity doesn't feel right to me.

Photo 1:

-Orb appears to have movement
-Orb appears to have, upon zooming in, a face
-Orb appears to be moving through the fire grating
-No reflective surface in fireplace
-A piece of dust would not appear to be moving through the grating

Conclusion:  In my opinion this is a true orb, it appears to be moving through the fire screen, and appears to have movement and a face. It appears to be watching, but more friendly than the other two orbs.  I don't believe that this orb is caused by the same entity that caused the ones in photo 2.  I believe that there is more than one force in your house.  One quite friendly and that is watching over your family, particularly your son. And an indifferent spirit, that is just watching.

Anyway...that's what I think/feel about your photos.  Correct me if I'm wrong. smile.gif

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>"And I, of ladies most dejected and wretched,
...O, woe is me
T'have seen what I have seen, see what I see."
</span>

#42 SMS

SMS

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 10:23 AM

these are some photos that we took yesterday in follow up from our hallow eve's vist to a potentially hauntd site, where according to folklore, an evil witch lived.  there are a few weird things that showed up in the pics that I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight as to what is going on here, thanks.

ok these are pics that were taken the day after we posted about the kneeling figure.  these will not go upp either.  sorry, i dont know whats going on here.

#43 mesocyclonef5

mesocyclonef5

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:Trained Skywarn Stormspotter/chaser for the NWS in Shreveport LA.<br />Founder and lead investigator in the E.TX area for a paranormal group.

Posted 01 November 2004 - 12:04 PM

i had washed my car three hours before the picture was taken.the picutre taken is on a major roadway that runs north and south (highway 69)if you want to look on a Texas map.
there is no lights within miles (except a house light that sits half a mile off the main road and is on the left hand side,the face is on the right side).
the moon was not out and there was an overcast.the only light i had was that on my camera and i was standing a good ten feet away from the car.
You are right Darklighter,we do need more proof.that is why i am carrying my team out and do all kinds of test with our equipment.we will interview the people around the area,and go back and talk to the police department to see if they still get reports.
"If  you want to live life on your own terms,you gotta be willing to crash and burn"-MOTLEY CRUE

#44 Hunter

Hunter

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • Interests:Model Trains, Paranormal research, SCA (SCA.ORG), My family, movies, life in general.

Posted 01 November 2004 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE(Darklighter @ Nov 1 2004, 11:22 AM)

My analysis based on the information you have given is as follows:

Photo 2:

-Many orbs, all of the same composition and shape
-All orbs appear strikingly similar
-Orb appears partially obscured behind speaker
-orb in hall and behind speaker appear to have the same face

Conclusion: My first reaction was that perhaps your camera was creating strange orbs when it caught dust, and giving them strange shapes and substance. But the orb is hidden behind the speaker, and this suggests to me that it is a true orb.  And if it is a true orb, the other two in the photo might be as well. But I can't say for sure. My opinion on this is: Inconlusive, but leaning towards true orb.
It doesn't look or feel angry to me though. I know you seem to think it's making an angry face.  To me it just looks like it's watching.  Any negative vibes in the house? Because this orb as a negative entity doesn't feel right to me.

Photo 1:

-Orb appears to have movement
-Orb appears to have, upon zooming in, a face
-Orb appears to be moving through the fire grating
-No reflective surface in fireplace
-A piece of dust would not appear to be moving through the grating

Conclusion:  In my opinion this is a true orb, it appears to be moving through the fire screen, and appears to have movement and a face. It appears to be watching, but more friendly than the other two orbs.  I don't believe that this orb is caused by the same entity that caused the ones in photo 2.  I believe that there is more than one force in your house.  One quite friendly and that is watching over your family, particularly your son. And an indifferent spirit, that is just watching.

Anyway...that's what I think/feel about your photos.  Correct me if I'm wrong. smile.gif

View Post

NO Need to correct. I think you did a wonderful job. I know that some of the orbs are reflections but I see some expecially a few that had very clear faces in them. Mainly the ones that I pointed out. MY House feels very comfortabe and so far firendly. Much like our old house. Which was very active. I have tons of stories from that place.

Thanks for taking a look at them.
Hanging around GS since the late 90's
What is normal and what is real and who are we to decide?

#45 Guest_littleangel_*

Guest_littleangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2004 - 02:46 PM

The first was taken in my house 4/24/04. Only me, my husband and baby were in the house and we dont smoke. It was about 6 at night. We have had books and outher things fly across the room, Doors slaming, and things moved. Three outher people that live in our complex have had similer things happen.

The second photo was taken aug 22 this year at about 11 pm by my husband behind our house. It was clear and the wind was not blowing. All the circles are more then likley dust or pollen, but what is the blue thing? There is no lights or buildings behind us just an old abandend farm.I did use photo shop to lighten it up to make it easier to see.

#46 Guest_GhostRedcoats_*

Guest_GhostRedcoats_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2004 - 10:14 PM

Little Angel, your first shot looks just like Corvette's famous ecto shots. Very nice.
Still looking at the 2nd one....

#47 babyjo53

babyjo53

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 05:28 AM

Little angel that is a great ecto pic. Looks like someone looking over that little cutie you have there..
user posted image

#48 Guest_MandaPanda_*

Guest_MandaPanda_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2004 - 11:56 AM

Hebegeebe, I do not believe this leaf is being suspended by a spider web.  I understand exactly what you are explaining about how the leaf was twisting in the air.  I think we have determined too quickly that it is just a spider web and brushed it off as such.  I think there may be something else going on here, more than meets the eye.  

I used to clean houses and have experience with cleaning plenty of spiderwebs.  Now objects which are caught in a web do not move in the way Heebs described.  The object will twist in the circular pattern or swing side to side if there is a draft.  That's it.  Not in all angles.  Not that I am privy to how a spider behaves but I have never seen a web span that far.  I will be happy to do some research on the subject of spider webs though.

Edited by MandaPanda, 02 November 2004 - 11:57 AM.

#49 Guest_MandaPanda_*

Guest_MandaPanda_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2004 - 05:24 PM

I am think I am dissproving my theory that the dangling leaf is something supernatural, but this is what I found about spiderwebs.  

All young spiders, and some adult males, release long silken threads to float or ride the wind to new areas. This is called ballooning.
Source ~ http://www.sedl.org/scimath/pasopartners/s...background.html

Mark Carwardine says in The Guiness Book of Animal Records 1995. "Spider silk is the strongest of all natural and man-made fibres.... It is even stronger than steel: the dragline of a European garden spider (Araneus diadematus), for example, can support a weight of 0.5 g (0.002 oz) without snapping, whereas a steel strand of similar thickness will snap under the strain of just 0.25 g (0.01 oz)."

The more water silk contains the less brittle and the more elastic it is.  (This means humidity or rain water.)

A spiders' dragline would have to be 80km (50 miles) long before it would break under its own weight.

Spider silk also has the ability to stretch about 30-percent longer than its original length without breaking, which makes it very resilient.
Source ~ Guiness Book of Animal Records 1995

A dragline is an excavating machine in which the bucket is attached by cables and operates by being drawn toward the machine   Spiders spin similar draglines to help them travel from one area to another.  

This research has proved it is possible for the "floating leaf" to be dangling from a dragline produced by a spider.  Sorry Heebs!

#50 Guest_reticent1_*

Guest_reticent1_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2004 - 05:40 PM

I'm impressed with the analyses on here.  Good job to all!

#51 Guest_corvette1972_*

Guest_corvette1972_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2004 - 05:58 AM

Littleangel...

Looks like pictures in my home! Very cool!

#52 astrodaddy

astrodaddy

Cam Daddy

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy classic rock, all horror movies and of course, conducting paranormal research! Im a down to earth kind of guy who works hard but plays hard too! Im happily married to the most amazing woman I have ever met and have an 8 year old daughter whom I cherish more than life itself.

Posted 05 November 2004 - 08:57 PM

I have one that I would like you all to see.

IPB Image

I took this pic back in June, 2004 in the first cemetary in Logan County ,Ohio.

It was a bright ,beautiful summer day around 1:30 pm with little to no humidity.
This was not the camera strap, as it was securely around my wrist as I shot this.The lens was clean as well as I used lens wipes to make sure the lens was clean. As it was my first hunt, I did everything I could to make sure that whatever I caught on film was real. And this one pic was the only one out of over 50 to come out this way. You can see more of my pics of this cemetary by clicking on my link in my sig if youre interested.

Any Ideas?

Edited by astrodaddy, 05 November 2004 - 09:01 PM.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First GS Member to hold an
Willard Library!!!
How I became a CAM-DADDY!!!
"If you can read this, thank a teacher and, since it's in English, thank a soldier"

#53 Guest_reticent1_*

Guest_reticent1_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2004 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE(astrodaddy @ Nov 5 2004, 11:57 PM)

It was a bright ,beautiful summer day around 1:30 pm with little to no humidity.
This was not the camera strap, as it was securely around my wrist as I shot this.The lens was clean as well as I used lens wipes to make sure the lens was clean. As it was my first hunt, I did everything I could to make sure that whatever I caught on film was real. And this one pic was the only one out of over 50 to come out this way. You can see more of my pics of this cemetary by clicking on my link in my sig if youre interested.

Any Ideas?
View Post

I remember this pic, Astro.  I thought it was a pretty good pic, myself.  

As for analysis; If you say your strap was around your wrist and there's no possible way that could be your strap in the pic, then I have no reason to doubt your credibility.  It doesnt' resemble a bug, dust, humidity, or any other natural occurance.  And after seeing you on the Willard Library cam, I doubt it's your hair!  

I also see where it seems more dense in the middle.  I noticed the pattern is circular or 'coiled' in appearance, as opposed to triangular or angular (which may indicate a weaved pattern as in a camera strap).

That's all I have, and some may disagree or have a better observation.  I think it has definate merit.

#54 borntolive

borntolive

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Interests:All things paranormal and spiritual.<br />Drawing and painting.<br />Animals and birds.<br />Helping people

Posted 13 November 2004 - 10:26 AM

Hi fellow hunters and seekers.
This one always made me wonder.
I don't know if you remember this from the old board but I have posted them there.
This first small one was made with my cam (I have no polsband on the cam and yes the lens was clean and no there was nobody smoking)

Thick ecto all over the pic

And this was taken by my best friend with a diffirent camera just 2 seconds ore so later.

Thick ecto in the right corner

I hope you can say something about the pics.
I must ad this though, these photo's were taken in my house and my grandmother
had died just a few months before. At that time me and my best friend (who was living in my house at that time) feltgold spots but it was not scary, and we smelled a sweet
rose like smell.

Dreams happen to us.
        We do not dream.
                We are dreamt ~ Carl Jung.

Love lookes not with the eyes, but with the heart ~ W. Shakespear

#55 rbatina

rbatina

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 11:24 PM

I forgot I had some older "questionable" photos that were taken while I was visiting the Moonville tunnel with my cousin.  There were taken from one of our earliest trips out there, several years ago.  Unfortunately, he had his camera set to take low quality pictures, so the resolution isn't really as good as you'd want when it comes to looking at details in a picture.

The story:  Moonville was a small mining town which has long since disappeared.  There might be a few foundations around, but we haven't even seen any in the dozen or so trips we've made there.  The one remaining feature that brings everyone back is the abandoned train tracks / tunnel.

In order to get to the tunnel, you either take a long walk along the edge of Raccoon Creek - or you try to cross the creek itself on all of the rocks that are in the water.  The latter was the method we chose when my cousin took these pictures of me.

Crossing the creek - 01
Crossing the creek - 02
Crossing the creek - 03
Crossing the creek - 04
(Please disregard my goofy faces - I didn't think I'd ever be showing these to anyone.)  rolleyes.gif

The weather conditions were nice.  No rain, not terribly cold, no fog, etc...  basically, the fog that is seen in two of those photos was not visible to the naked eye there, nor would we have expected it to show up like this in those photos.  (Neither one of us were smoking, either)  I can't recall if the flash fired in each of those photos, but I can assume that at least in the 3rd one it wasn't - due to the visible motion blur.  This series of photos just seemed unusual to me since the pictures were taken in fairly rapid succession as I crossed the creek, so I'd assume the "look" of each photo would be similar, which they obviously aren't.  smile.gif

I'm not a fan of "ecto" and "orbs" and so I never really gave these pictures much thought, other than thinking it was weird that they'd turn out like that.  ( However, I do remember wishing my cousin would have left his camera on HQ like mine was that day.  Doh! )

Any comments are appreciated...  I always just dismiss the fog as some sort of trick played by the reflection of the water...  but even at that, it doesn't really explain what caused it.  Thanks.

#56 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,529 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 21 November 2004 - 06:41 PM

I think this is probably some kind of lens flare, I've been enjoying photography for over 30 yrs and I've never seen the colored circles like this.  I know what the usual lens flare looks like, I know what dust on the lens looks like.  
However this is with a digital camera, and my cat was watching *something* flying around. (we've been saying she's watching the faeries.)  Is this a new sort of digital glitch or is it something the cat sees and we don't?

#57 Guest_reticent1_*

Guest_reticent1_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2004 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE(trin @ Nov 21 2004, 09:41 PM)
I think this is probably some kind of lens flare, I've been enjoying photography for over 30 yrs and I've never seen the colored circles like this.  I know what the usual lens flare looks like, I know what dust on the lens looks like. 
However this is with a digital camera, and my cat was watching *something* flying around. (we've been saying she's watching the faeries.)  Is this a new sort of digital glitch or is it something the cat sees and we don't?
View Post

Seeing as you have 30 years in photography, your guess is as good as mine!  LOL!  Is your cat wearing a shiny tag/bauble on its collar?  Is it possible that the light reflected from that - resulting in just a flare from the small light source reflecting from the tag/bauble?  That may explain the color as the light bends from the tag.  But, I am no science or photography expert, so that is just a guess.  I still think it's a pretty picture.  Thank you for sharing.

#58 Guest_reticent1_*

Guest_reticent1_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2004 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE(borntolive @ Nov 13 2004, 01:26 PM)
Hi fellow hunters and seekers.
This one always made me wonder.
I don't know if you remember this from the old board but I have posted them there.
This first small one was made with my cam (I have no polsband on the cam and yes the lens was clean and no there was nobody smoking)

Thick ecto all over the pic

And this was taken by my best friend with a diffirent camera just 2 seconds ore so later.

Thick ecto in the right corner

I hope you can say something about the pics.
I must ad this though, these photo's were taken in my house and my grandmother
had died just a few months before. At that time me and my best friend (who was living in my house at that time) feltgold spots but it was not scary, and we smelled a sweet
rose like smell.

View Post

I've seen these before.  I just don't know what to make of them.  The first one is so close to the lens, it's hard to tell what it could possibly be (or not be).  The second one is strange, too.  It seems more feasible to relate this as possibly paranormal, but I just don't know.  If it were something draped over the chair, it would be just as in focus as the chair is, and yet it doesn't seem so close to the lens to cause that much blurring.  It seems to have depth and show movement, also.  

I've been patiently waiting for somebody else to pipe up and do a really great analysis of these!  I'm sure you have, too.  I think it's an amazing story and I like the pics, but as far as analysis goes, I'm just not sure what to make of them!

#59 rbatina

rbatina

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE(rbatina @ Nov 21 2004, 02:24 AM)
I forgot I had some older "questionable" photos that were taken while I was visiting the Moonville tunnel with my cousin.  *snip*

Crossing the creek - 01
Crossing the creek - 02
Crossing the creek - 03
Crossing the creek - 04
(Please disregard my goofy faces - I didn't think I'd ever be showing these to anyone.)
  rolleyes.gif
View Post
No takers on this one yet?  I know it isn't very exciting, but I was expecting someone to really rip into it and explain what we're really seeing in those pictures.   tongue.gif

#60 Guest_reticent1_*

Guest_reticent1_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2004 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE(rbatina @ Nov 22 2004, 08:07 PM)
No takers on this one yet?  I know it isn't very exciting, but I was expecting someone to really rip into it and explain what we're really seeing in those pictures.   tongue.gif
View Post

I looked at them, i just don't feel too comfortable making an analysis on ecto pics.  I was hoping somebody would take a stab at it.  I can try...

No fog, no rain, not too cold, and no smoking.  I have seen my breath in temps that were not that cold, but it was certainly not this dense.  I don't think that flash, or no flash has anything to do with the blur in the one pic.  I also don't think it would have made much difference with the pics in question.  

I really don't know what else to say.  Hopefully someone else will post their ideas on it.  Sorry I can't be of much help in 'ripping into it'. wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users