64 replies to this topic

#21 Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,651 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:38 PM

I have noticed when someone sees an apparition, what shows up on the camera often Isn't what they perceived with their eyes, but either a light, a mist, or nothing.

This is a relection of the kid or from the monitor if not a smudge IMO
My Signature
Posted Image

#22 rubydrake

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:53 PM

Windows are very tricky things....

I think it is either a smudge or a friend outside playing a prank....

#23 Mak Jo Si

Orb

• GS Member
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Taoism, exorcism, kung fu, chi kung, music, air guns

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:22 PM

View Postrubydrake, on 18 June 2012 - 07:53 PM, said:

Windows are very tricky things....

I think it is either a smudge or a friend outside playing a prank....

Agree, When the light shines through the blinds or glass from the windows, sometimes I can capture artistic moments with shapes like a fox, a human, a dog, a snake, whatever too. That's what we do in art, illusionary images created by lightings, and that's exactly what is going on with the photo there.
My Signature

---
World Best Exorcist Website - http://www.worldbestexorcist.com

Posted Image

#24 Safire973

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:50 PM

View PostClarinaGStudy, on 16 June 2012 - 08:04 AM, said:

I think it looks a little like a Michael Myers mask.  Very interesting picture!!
That's the exact thought I had upon seeing the first picture.

I will admit that whatever it is (personal opinion: someone playing a trick), looks different between the two photos.  I'm thinking the first is someone wearing a mask and the second is them without it.
My Signature
I fully believe that not everyone is meant to see things; some things you just aren't meant to know.

#25 Ectoplazzum

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:13 AM

Whatever it is,  it's KAREEPY!!!  There's just something about faces looking into or out of windows that I find very unsettling.  Especially when the features aren't clear.  UGH!  :::shudder:::

Elle

#26 Eclectic420

Shadow Ghost

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:54 AM

Greetings,

Good to see you again Jim. I was just wondering where you were the other day.

Anyway, I'm going to have to agree with Vlawde on this one. I was able to lighten it up enough to make out a window and a tree. So i think the anomaly being the reflection of the guys monitor is a valid explanation. Infact Jim, if your in contact with the guy, perhaps you could maybe get a few comparison shots from him showing what the window looks like with the monitor reflecting in the window. Being that the camera is a web cam, and isn't moved around a lot i would say this image should be easily replicated, if it is just the monitor reflecting.

Blessing,

My Signature

Posted Image

"a person can be so open minded, that they infact are close minded."-ME

"Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate"-William of Ockham (Ockham's razor)

My MySpace Page - Add Me If You Like

The Eclectic Mind

#27 Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,471 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:41 AM

Thanks all... well, I guess it's time to email Alex who submitted those photos. I received them on the 15th. I will go ahead and invite him to post on the board concerning his photos. We'll see how it goes.
My Signature
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#28 trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,529 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:37 AM

I'm going with reflection.

Have I ever told the story about Oprah scaring the crud out of me?
(it was a dark and stormy night, gran was running her video of the day's show,
I glanced up and saw a face in the window.  shrieked and then started laughing when I realized what I was actually seeing...

the reflection had actually bounced tv, to mirror to window so was a little distorted and weird looking...  but yeah, switched to
commercial just at the right moment to cue me in fairly quickly.)
My Signature

#29 the_gray_jester

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • Interests:Parapsychology, Metal music, Photography, Writing, reading, and investigating.

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:47 AM

We'll its good to see other photographers here.  I myself have been a photographer for over 20 years,  and i am a proffesional for many years.  we also have Snowlord, another very tallented photographer, plus a lot of others.  

My guess is still that its the moniter reflecting on the window,  you can see the line where the top of the moniter ends and the light on the trees begins, its box like.
My Signature
Posted Image

#30 CiaoAlex

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:12 PM

Hi, I'm Alex from the photo! I can say that it definitely isn't an actual person as i was alone that night, and i live in a fairly old (1820's) house which is secluded from neighbors etc. I have ruled out it being my own reflection also as i recreated the shot with the same laptop and no reflection of the laptop was picked up in the same window. I can take a picture and post to show if needs be.

Myself and other members of my family and friends have witnessed strange (ghost-like) occurrences in the house and it does have a lot of history.

I don't believe it to be any reflection/person myself however i don't have any other evidence to prove it is a ghost/etc besides the photo. . . it just really creeps me out and everyone else that sees it!

Thanks, Alex!

#31 Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,471 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:21 PM

Alex… thank you for answering some of these concerns and for accepting my invitation to join us here. Your input is much appreciated!  :)
My Signature
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#32 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:15 PM

Hey Alex! Thank you for sharing your photo with us!
Do you happen to know if there's any history about the house? You would think that something built so long ago
would have an interesting one to say the least!

#33 Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:32 PM

The very best thing would be a full sized, original, untouched copy of the image for us to analyze. If it is possible, it would be appreciated. It can be done off the site if copyright is a concern.

#34 Ectoplazzum

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:53 PM

View Posthatsheput63, on 17 June 2012 - 10:11 PM, said:

I'm just trying to get past my urge to say "dude,who does your hair?!"     the first picture looks like the boy,turned  to the North,it appears to have the same hairline as the boy... if you reverse the relection,you can see it is the boy,even his ear is showing.

Yes, I see the same thing you do.  To me it looks like a reflection of the boy in the photo and you are right, even the hairline, such that it is, is the same.  

Elle

#35 bubba

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:01 AM

Well whatever that is?  Its blinking freaky!! :confused0068:

Great picture thanks for sharing.

#36 chips1310

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:All things spooky

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:08 AM

Alrighty now i think i may just be losing my mind a little here,looking at both of the pictures i really dont think that its the same person/ghost/whatever the heck it is in each of them,dont know why but i think the first pic theres a male in the back ground and female in the second,as i said i may just be going silly headed !!!

:crazy:
My Signature
Ignorance is refusing to believe what we dont understand

#37 Spooky3

Apport

• GS Member
  • 70 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:06 PM

The cleaned up and lighter version of the picture that Jim redid does make it look like there is someone outside the window.  Either way, gave me the creepos when I first saw it.

#38 SpukiKitty

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:23 AM

Hello, guys! I haven't been here for a long time. Here's what I see:

PHOTO #1
Posted Image Posted Image

PHOTO # 2
Posted Image Posted Image

I did one of my nifty tracing jobs to show you what I see. I see a very elderly person materializing. It looks like an elderly little old lady with a big chin & no teeth.

Not saying if it's real, fake or a False Positive. I'm just sharing what my eyes have picked up. Make of it what you will. Thanks.
My Signature
Posted Image

#39 separanormal

Orb

• GS Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:11 PM

Its either a person on the other side of the window or a great ghost capture!

http://www.separanormal.com/

My Signature
www.separanormal.com

#40 greeneggs

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:42 AM

Am I the only one reminded of a Jason mask sold during Halloween?  Giving the photographer the benefit of the doubt and considering that the photograph was taken not long after the holidays wrapped up, could this potentially be an outside decoration that was forgotten outside?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com