#1 MortimerGraves

MortimerGraves

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 03:08 AM

http://www.cnn.com/v...house.wpmt.html

This evidence is at least in real time. The cameraman gets scratched. The female reporter is poked, touched, and pushed. A cell phone camera catches what appears to be a disembodied arm. The woman of the house has seen a seven foot shadowman in the basement. So the family set up a game cam that only takes a shot when the motion detector goes off and actually captures what seems to be the shadow man,

Could all this be faked? It lies within the realm of possibility, but real time shots make one wonder.

To say after the fact what happened and display domething that supposedly happened gives us only your word. Real time photographs and evp's that don't depend on vague sounds thagt could be anything do not prove or disprove your haunting. But it leaves too much room for other esplaniations.

I would beinterested to see what Snowlord thinks about this footage.

Graves
Who you gonna call?

#2 Roxstar

Roxstar

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, ghost and after life research, family, music, science, video games. I am mostly into EVP but also love to use spirit boxes and other forms of communication. It's a true passion of mine, more than a hobby.

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:33 AM

It looks like this is possibly real.. I would like to know the history of the house for sure, as it was stated that it has a "history of grizzly murders." Also, it was mentioned that this house will be featured on national television "Dead Files." I hate to say it but it's possible the family wants recognition ( $ ), not help. It could go either way, but from what I have seen of it, I want to believe something paranormal could be going on here.

Edited by Roxstar, 09 August 2014 - 05:33 AM.

"What Scares You, Masters You."

-UNKNOWN-

#3 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,218 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:20 AM

View PostMortimerGraves, on 09 August 2014 - 03:08 AM, said:

... Could all this be faked? It lies within the realm of possibility ...  

Sure, you are correct there, there is no reason why this could not all be faked. I think though that it is more likely to be a combination of normal things adding up to the incorrect ( in my opinion ) explanation of something paranormal.

Obviously this woman having the experiences is a strong believer. Pretty much anything she can't directly explain she is going to claim to be paranormal. Even if there are possible, and maybe even likely, normal explanations that are not being considered. As soon as the cameraman displays a slight discomfort she asks him if he has been scratched with an obvious joy that something paranormal seems, in her mind, to be happening. This sets the tone for anything that might be normally ignored as something ordinary to be scrutinized deeper than it deserves and be subsequently considered paranormal. The cameraman gets a tiny, almost invisible scratch on his wrist and immediately it is claimed to be "unbelievable" and the cameraman gets treated with a holy water rub.  Is it really that unlikely that he may have gotten a scratch while getting his camera equipment out of the car? .. or carrying it all into the house and setting it up? .. some tiny little scratch that he didn't notice until he was relaxing after having set everything up?

From this point on they are a lost cause. If they can accept that unlikely scenario in place of the much more likely normal explanation then anything that happens in the rest of the interview will be instantly accepted as being paranormal. Of course there is also the possibility they may just be doing it intentionally to make their story have more impact and get better ratings.

The door closing by itself is so easy to fake that it doesn't even deserve consideration. It even appears to be shut in two difficult stages, just as when they try to do it themselves in real time.

The orbs are, well, we all know what orbs are likely to be.

They catch something thin and dark moving in front of her cell phone camera lens and she claims it "looks like someone she has seen before". How does a thin dark streak look like "someone"? And why does she exclaim it's presence before it appears on camera?

The reporter then claims to have been "touched" and "pinched", but by this time what are likely normal nerve firings, possibly accentuated by the expectation of their occurring,  are being attributed to the ghost. That is if they even happened of course, and were not something she added to the story to enhance their reporting. The other strange lights and whatever else that the reporter claims to have seen somehow don't make it on to their camera.

The only evidence from this story that is even remotely acceptable to be considered for physical analysis and evidence is the dark streak that makes it's way onto the video shot by the homeowners cell phone. All other evidence is either provided by the homeowner who is making the claim, and therefore not reliable, or else is just a "feeling" that can not be substantiated. I think everyone here realizes by now that the chances of something normal and small briefly passing closely in front of the lens of that cell phone camera are much more likely than anything else in explaining what she saw there. And to me it does not look anything like a hand, as is claimed. It also disturbs me that she cries out before the dark thing passes before the lens. Anticipation of a set up event? ... possibly? No way to be sure of that, but a possibility.

So ... a whole bunch of things added together that will not stand up on their own individually, in an attempt to create a convincing story. How does that philosophical saying go? ... many wrongs do not make a right? .. or something like that. That is how I see this.

Edited by Snowlord, 09 August 2014 - 08:23 AM.

#4 kevinscan

kevinscan

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting
    Family
    photography
    Computers
    Art
    friends
    horror & sci-fi
    a good mystery
    Star Wars

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:39 PM

I agree with  snowlord, it did appear to be staged, and the door might be closing because of a breeze,maybe another door being closed or opened.  As for the black thing on the phone footage, it could be her own hand as it is very close to the phones camera.
Posted Image

The most sophisticated computer ever  devised by mankind is now called Stonehenge.

#5 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,763 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:14 PM

So this is supposed to be on the Dead Files this week or last, but I haven't seen it yet
Posted Image

#6 MacQdor

MacQdor

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:52 PM

Currently going something similar some parts of the story segment I found compelling and others I discounted.  As with all ghost stories it remains inconclusive but isn't that the very nature of what a ghost, or spirit is?

You're never going to get the smoking gun to convince millions or the masses and trust me the entities know that and control that portion 100%. They live and excel within the grey area we call life and know perfectly how to forever remain in that area of 50/50 hoax vs real.  Knowing that alone makes me not be some Uber critical. That plus going through my own situation.

PS

That do0r closing had nothing to do with the wind. May or may not be staged but it had nothing to do with wind blowing.   That's just knee jerk dismal

Edited by MacQdor, 09 August 2014 - 06:52 PM.

Attitude is your acceptance of the natural laws, or your rejection of the natural laws

#7 MortimerGraves

MortimerGraves

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 02:28 AM

Thanks, Snowlord! I  can always depend on you to be grounded in probability! I think parts of it were staged, it's the shadowman shot I wonder about.

I posted this mainly to show how best to present evidence. Capture when it happens is always better than explanaton after the fact. Real, faked, or optical illusion, it gives the person viewing the evidence something to work with that doesn't require renactment. It's there or not there, draw your own conclusion.

And Snowlord, a special thanks to you,mon ami! For the record, orbs do not impress me either, they never have.

God bless

Graves
Who you gonna call?

#8 kevinscan

kevinscan

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting
    Family
    photography
    Computers
    Art
    friends
    horror & sci-fi
    a good mystery
    Star Wars

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:09 AM

MacQdor
"That do0r closing had nothing to do with the wind. May or may not be staged but it had nothing to do with wind blowing. That's just knee jerk dismal"  

I didn’t say it was wind. I suggested it was a draft from another door opening or closing.
Posted Image

The most sophisticated computer ever  devised by mankind is now called Stonehenge.

#9 Roxstar

Roxstar

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, ghost and after life research, family, music, science, video games. I am mostly into EVP but also love to use spirit boxes and other forms of communication. It's a true passion of mine, more than a hobby.

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:12 AM

View PostVlawde, on 09 August 2014 - 06:14 PM, said:

So this is supposed to be on the Dead Files this week or last, but I haven't seen it yet
It aired on the 26th of July according to the Travel Channel website, I missed it too, but I am sure they will run it again. I'm really interested in seeing if they uncovered any facts about the history of the home aside from any evidence they may have gotten.

Edited by Roxstar, 10 August 2014 - 06:14 AM.

"What Scares You, Masters You."

-UNKNOWN-

#10 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 03:21 PM

I'm pretty sure it's this episode on youtube ...

https://www.youtube....h?v=gxsugMhF0DQ

Is there a youtube embed option here?
- siguie -

#11 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,763 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 10 August 2014 - 03:37 PM

I looked it up on the travel channel, and did see it. Once I recognized the woman...
Posted Image

#12 MacQdor

MacQdor

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:10 PM

Kevin how can u predict  a draft?  They lady said close the door and it closed. Could be something else if its fake, maybe auto close or etc. But predicting when a draft or etc can close a door at the time you need it or at the time you have reporters filming wow NOW thats Paranormal(j/k).

2nd

That might have been something the reporter and camera ruled out and vouched as real since it made past the edit cutting room floor.  Reporters dont like being had or made fun of, so I'm sure they had there own level of critique before the producers of the show decided to air let alone respond to it.

Requests and reportings I'm sure happen several times a year per news agency.
Attitude is your acceptance of the natural laws, or your rejection of the natural laws

#13 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,738 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 26 August 2015 - 10:26 AM

The door appears to stick when closing... so it wouldn't be an easy task to close completely.

The story can be taken as pertinent evidence or not depending on the personal views and beliefs of the one viewing it... as we can see on this tread.

I can't discount what I have seen so I am appreciating the the opportunity to consider it.
I was particularly impressed with the the shadow figure. And I'm going to publish it on GhostStudy and request permission for it to remain.
The ghost image was actually caught on film by a deer cam and not a cell phone. And as mentioned above, the picture is snapped when the camera detects motion.

Cool stuff... thanks for posting!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#14 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 10:24 PM

Yeah, I remember watching the news report. Here is the owner's insight

I think that it was an interesting episode and if I wanted some place investigated they, Amy and Steve, would be two people that seem to get good results.
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#15 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Interests:photography, anomalous audio recordings & enigmas.

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:44 AM

sorry double post.

Edited by evp, 27 August 2015 - 02:08 AM.

Posted Image
"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt" - Mark Twain

#16 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 02:07 AM

Jim, do you have access to the original file with the EXIF data intact? I've seen and produced  similar results by simply dragging the shutter and having someone walk in and out of the frame. It's really interesting the results you can obtain by leaving the shutter open for extended periods.

Here's a simple example of dropping a ladies camoiselle from the landing above and having someone take the picture on a tripod with the shutter open for 1/6 of a second. I agree it doesn't look like a figure, but walking in and out is accomplished in a similar manner. If you want to take it one step farther you have to discount even the EXIF data because you can easily manipulate the data by free applications like Exifer.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,738 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 07:52 AM

Klainey... thank you for that additional link! I am currently watching the episode!

Evp... nope, I don't have the original file. This is just the image taken from YouTube.
I see what you are saying with the motion photo example... but I personally think it's just a poor quality photo. And I really don't see much of a hint of fast motion. And if it were indeed a Deer Cam, I wouldn't expect it to even have a slow shutter speed setting, but I could be wrong.   Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 10:08 AM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 27 August 2015 - 07:52 AM, said:

Klainey... thank you for that additional link! I am currently watching the episode!

Evp... nope, I don't have the original file. This is just the image taken from YouTube.
I see what you are saying with the motion photo example... but I personally think it's just a poor quality photo. And I really don't see much of a hint of fast motion. And if it were indeed a Deer Cam, I wouldn't expect it to even have a slow shutter speed setting, but I could be wrong.   Posted Image

Deer cams are low quality tiny sensored cameras with automatic settings. In attempt to taking a picture under low light conditions it will drag the shutter Jim. Even a full frame camera with a large sensor costing several thousand dollars has to keep the shutter open for a good length of time.Deer cams are typically a very LOW cost camera (100 dollars). I've examined the information captured by them before. Shutter speed is relative and the above example I posed was 1/6 of a second which is slow if you keep in mind that the high end is 1/8000 of a second.

I don't claim to be an expert but I own professional quality camera gear exceeding $10,000 and I shoot manually most of the time. I do understand how shutter speed, ISO and aperture affect exposure. Please don't misinterpret, I'm not trying to start an argument, merely exploring natural explanations.

Edited by evp, 27 August 2015 - 10:21 AM.

Posted Image

#19 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,738 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:53 PM

Thank you Evp.... I guess I didn't convey myself very well, I'm so sorry. I truly appreciate you chiming in on this. You definitely know so much more than I do on the subject of photography. I guess I'm just on guard because I made up my mind to post the photo.  :)

I appreciate your knowledge and I'm glad you're among us. I hope you will chime in often with your thoughts, especially in regards to photography!
Posted Image

#20 Ezragirlie

Ezragirlie

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 07:08 PM

The house in question is owned by Deanna and Tom Simpson.

Yes, they were on Dead Files, and will be on The Haunting sometime this fall.

Deanna is a friend on Facebook, and they have things happening almost daily. I am going to refer her to this post so that she can speak for herself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users