Free Skins
© Fisana

Ghost Caught On Camera (Paranormal Activity)

Ghost haunting scary caught on camera

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ghostwatcher1993

ghostwatcher1993

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=SR3PuwvDS84

#2 Paranormal_RN

Paranormal_RN

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Interests:Reading!!!!!!!!
    Redoing old furniture
    Paranormal

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

Interesting.  But film, I'm always skeptical of.  Too easy to fake.  Interesting non the less.
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should!"  Ash, aka T-Rex

"Your just jealous because the little voices talk to me!"

#3 SarahB1863

SarahB1863

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 285 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

Well, you can't see the handle turn before the door opens, so I don't think it's latched.

That, combined with the fact that you can't see the bottom of the door as it's opening, leads me to believe that someone is on the floor pulling the door open. Very, very easy to fake. I'm not even sure why this was even videotaped, given that the OP of the video believes it's air currents opening the door. I'll bet if they get that latch fixed the ghost will go away. :-)

#4 Ectoplazzum

Ectoplazzum

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:49 AM

I don't know about this.  I am not going to be as blatant as SarahB in calling this fake, but I do have to say that it would be a lot more interesting if the entire door was visible.  If the OP is THAT convinced that it's AC air currents that's causing this, then why even set up a camera?  The thing is, the door, although apparently not latched, is closed flush with the door frame.  So unless there is an AC vent in the pantry, it's unlikely that there's enough of a breeze from the AC to open this door since, if the only vent from the AC is on the outside of the pantry, it would only serve to push the door more tightly closed.  Is there a way to set up the camera to show the whole door?  That way there would be no doubt that there is no body, as SarahB suggested, lying on the floor moving the door.  Yes, what we can see IS strange, but because of the set-up it is easily explainable at this point and far from proving anything paranormal.

Elle

#5 SarahB1863

SarahB1863

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 285 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:11 AM

I'm not saying it IS faked; just that it would be very easy to fake.  I'm suspicious because we can't see the whole door, and also because the door isn't latching when it closes.  If we saw a second video showing the entire door opening and closing on its own without any obvious assistance, that would be a lot more puzzling.

#6 ghostwatcher1993

ghostwatcher1993

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:24 PM

Yes I agree with you guys. Thats the only thing that bothers me too, not seeing the whole door. That way the door opens and closes is what got me. Its creepy nonetheless. I sent the uploader a message about trying to film the whole door again. He told me that this is a pretty old video and he didn't want to upload it on youtube anyways. He said he will try and film again to see what he can get. :)

#7 hayley

hayley

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:glitter

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

I dont think it's possible to make any sort of opinion of this since we cant see anything below or above. I would suggest the original poster re-record from a different angle, seeing as it happens frequently.

From this limited angle it seems too good to be true.
Posted Image

#8 scip

scip

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:I am a Ghost Hunter from a group in Central Minnesota, as a group we are science orientated and very skeptical about what we see. Aside from that I personally am really friendly.

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:24 PM

its controlled from under that door.

#9 Kenwood

Kenwood

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

View PostSarahB1863, on 18 December 2012 - 03:18 PM, said:

Well, you can't see the handle turn before the door opens, so I don't think it's latched.

The door latch is a sprung ball catch so the handle wont turn to open, The handle is only there to grip and gently pull to open the door.

So anything will easily open this door with a gentle push or pull.

Edited by Kenwood, 04 January 2013 - 01:32 PM.

#10 MortimerGraves

MortimerGraves

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:07 AM

Another problem is since we do not see the inside, someone could push the door open then pull it closed. You might try a camera inside the door and one outside, both able to show no person is causing this. A draft could explain this, but I would have to further explore the matter until I could show that a draft was indeed the culprit. Part of debunking is to show good cause and effect for a natural explanation.
Who you gonna call?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ghost, haunting, scary, caught on camera

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users