Looking For Advice On The Next Step

• You cannot reply to this topic
27 replies to this topic

#1 LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 16 July 2018 - 04:41 AM

I am putting this out here to see what everyone's advice or opinion is.  A little back story first...

There is something in my house.  I have seen 1 full manifestation who I thought was my daughter friend walk across the upstairs hallway one evening. I saw another small shadow out of the corner of my eye on our stairs too.  There have been very small things happening for years.  I finally started a journal this year.  The journal showed me that for whatever reason....the occurrences happen on a 21 day cycle.  Occurrences range from small tugging of comforter on bed, bumping of bed, dogs staring at something not there and going crazy like they were in full protection mode and such.  All 3 of my kids have had experiences that they did not like.  No manifestations...just sounds, feelings and the attic door opening by itself in the middle of the night in my sons room.

July 30th is the date of the next 21 day cycle.  I was thinking about walking the house once it is after dusk with a recorder or my phone taking video segments and ask questions to whatever is there.  All of my kids are out of the house and the upstairs is vacant.  I also thought about letting the dogs come with me as we dont allow them free range of the house and are kept downstairs. I though about this as the dogs seem to pick up on things better than us.

Should I let the dogs walk with me?  what specific questions should I ask beyond what I consider.  Who is here, why, how many, etc...

Thanks in advance!
My Signature
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#2 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,427 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 16 July 2018 - 10:11 AM

Uhm, well here's my two cents worth of advice, I've heard that you shouldn't do your own home's EVP's. Whatever is there, could interpret that as a welcome and escalate any phenomena. Have someone else do the questioning and neither you should hold the equipment. Also, If you do take the dogs upstairs, have them on leashes. If you let them run loose because, in their mind, they may think it's okay to go there leashless at anytime they want.
My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#3 True North

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 248 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 12:00 PM

"Looking For Advice On The Next Step"

The next step towards what?

Edited by True North, 16 July 2018 - 12:00 PM.

#4 LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 01:43 PM

View PostTrue North, on 16 July 2018 - 12:00 PM, said:

"Looking For Advice On The Next Step"

The next step towards what?

Walking the house on the next date of expectation to have some sort of experience.  I was considering recording audio and video with my phone.  Because the dogs see "stuff" we dont at times in our house....should I have them with me when I walk and record?

View PostMacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 16 July 2018 - 10:11 AM, said:

. Also, If you do take the dogs upstairs, have them on leashes. If you let them run loose because, in their mind, they may think it's okay to go there leashless at anytime they want.

I never thought about that.  Thanks!  A good idea!!!
My Signature
Life is short, enjoy it!

#5 siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 02:17 PM

Do you have any small video recorders that you can attach to the dogs to make a doggy cam and be able to atleast look where they are looking 'cuz that would be cool :yes: Oh and do you have anything like those wifi cameras with night vision?

If you have something with night vision then I'd recommend some form of IR blaster/flood light AND a lantern {something with a diffuse all around light}. When you walk around with a flashlight you get shadows that may or may not be what you are looking for but a diffuse light helps mitigate that problem. So the cameras with night vision will see EVERYTHING {and probably have funky colours} while your phone {which has an IR filter} will see more in the visual {it will still pickup some IR though}. The idea here is you will record areas at the same time and have slightly different perspectives because of the  visual frequencies being recorded :yes:

Oh and if you have the app Tasker ... this is literally the kind of situation where I would use that EM flux notification thang I explained how to write :yes: It runs in the background so you can just record as normal and if there is an EM spike a little sound will go off and you can see the mag field change even while recording. You can also do a walk around before or after to make sure there's no mundane cause.

Anyways in an ideal situation you'd be recording, catch your full torso apparition on video in both normal and enhanced IR view plus have an EM spike ... that would be AWESOME !!! :yes:
My Signature
- siguie -

#6 True North

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 248 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 04:09 PM

View PostLouczarGStudy, on 16 July 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

Walking the house on the next date of expectation to have some sort of experience.  I was considering recording audio and video with my phone.  Because the dogs see "stuff" we dont at times in our house....should I have them with me when I walk and record?

Yes, I understand you want to have another experience of some sort and potentially document it with video etc, but to what end? That's what I'm asking. Any advice I might give would depend on what you consider to be your ideal ultimate outcome concerning whatever's around.

#7 ParanormalEmpath

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Spirit, Empathic abilities, Clairvoyance, Mediums & other paranormal topics

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:44 PM

Why would you need to wait until dusk?  If there is something in your home it is likely there 24/7.  Other than the ghost hunting shows on t.v., I've never understood the it having to be dark part of their investigations.  You were given the best investigation tools when you were born.  Why would you deny yourself the sense of sight by stumbling around in the dark? The only advantage to investigating late at night is there is typically less human activity and accompanying noises.  Personally, I would get the dogs out of the house and everyone else except 1 other person who could help you confirm any potential paranormal activity.  The less potential for contamination the better.   If you don't have any equipment, you don't need anything elaborate.  Your cell phone recorder should work fine for potential EVP's.  If you have a tablet you could use that for photos and recording video.  Leave the lights on so you will be less likely to creep yourself out.  Silence is a wonderful thing during investigations... use your ears... we have sometimes heard voices in real time.  Also, your skin is an excellent tool.  Sometimes your arms and legs will get goose flesh or the hair on your arm stand up if there is a presence around you.  Feel around for cold spots that shouldn't be there.  We have sometimes smelled odors, cigar smoke, perfume, food, etc..  Even if you catch no evidence, if you don't want something in your home, declare it out-loud and let it know that it isn't welcome there.    However, I agree with Mac, if there is something in your home it may be trying to get your attention.  Once it knows that you know that it is there and respond to it, the activity could get worse.   Good luck!

#8 earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,918 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 12:21 AM

I think from my point of view I'm interested to see whats going on, but I'm also conscious that you are living in this house and come what may, you will need to deal with anything that happens (even if it's just the dogs pooping where they shouldn't!). So be careful!
My Signature
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#9 LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 04:24 AM

View PostTrue North, on 16 July 2018 - 04:09 PM, said:

Yes, I understand you want to have another experience of some sort and potentially document it with video etc, but to what end? That's what I'm asking. Any advice I might give would depend on what you consider to be your ideal ultimate outcome concerning whatever's around.
That is a very good question.  I think I want some sort of proof / evidence that something is there. What I dont want is for anything to escalate as the stuff has always been pretty minor.

Ideal outcome...get some sort of an EVP and maybe something on camera.
My Signature
Life is short, enjoy it!

#10 LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 04:33 AM

View PostParanormalEmpath, on 16 July 2018 - 08:44 PM, said:

Why would you need to wait until dusk?  If there is something in your home it is likely there 24/7.  Other than the ghost hunting shows on t.v., I've never understood the it having to be dark part of their investigations.  You were given the best investigation tools when you were born.  Why would you deny yourself the sense of sight by stumbling around in the dark? The only advantage to investigating late at night is there is typically less human activity and accompanying noises.  Personally, I would get the dogs out of the house and everyone else except 1 other person who could help you confirm any potential paranormal activity.  The less potential for contamination the better.   If you don't have any equipment, you don't need anything elaborate.  Your cell phone recorder should work fine for potential EVP's.  If you have a tablet you could use that for photos and recording video.  Leave the lights on so you will be less likely to creep yourself out.  Silence is a wonderful thing during investigations... use your ears... we have sometimes heard voices in real time.  Also, your skin is an excellent tool.  Sometimes your arms and legs will get goose flesh or the hair on your arm stand up if there is a presence around you.  Feel around for cold spots that shouldn't be there.  We have sometimes smelled odors, cigar smoke, perfume, food, etc..  Even if you catch no evidence, if you don't want something in your home, declare it out-loud and let it know that it isn't welcome there. However, I agree with Mac, if there is something in your home it may be trying to get your attention.  Once it knows that you know that it is there and respond to it, the activity could get worse.   Good luck!

Everything that has happened in memory (before the journal) and the stuff my kids have said over the years, except one thing has happened at dusk or after dark.  There is something in my home.  Is it active 24/7...nope.  My journal has proven that nothing is noticed or occurring except on a 21 day cycle.  That is what is really weird.  My dogs have sensed and acted as if they have seen something in my house on more than one occasion.  That is why I want one of them with me as a sort of detector.  Good comment on making sure to use all my senses.  I have never had the chills or such when things have happened at the house.  I REALLY dont want things to escalate.
My Signature
Life is short, enjoy it!

#11 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 05:17 AM

I think as long as you do some spiritual protection along your belief system then I believe you would be OK  doing your EVP's/ camera stuff at your home. I have also used the Tasker app that siguie suggested, but it can be unsettling cause I set mine to say :Boo:
My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#12 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,427 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 17 July 2018 - 09:45 AM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 17 July 2018 - 05:17 AM, said:

. I have also used the Tasker app that siguie suggested, but it can be unsettling cause I set mine to say :Boo:

:anim_63:
My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#13 siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 02:03 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 17 July 2018 - 05:17 AM, said:

I think as long as you do some spiritual protection along your belief system then I believe you would be OK  doing your EVP's/ camera stuff at your home. I have also used the Tasker app that siguie suggested, but it can be unsettling cause I set mine to say :Boo:

Posted Image Only in that other hemisphere Posted Image

Hey did you get the voice working or did you mean you just skeer yourself with a popup that says "Boo"? I had the voice read the field strength for awhile but it was too slow so "notification" :yes:
My Signature
- siguie -

#14 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 01:55 AM

View Postsiguie, on 17 July 2018 - 02:03 PM, said:

Posted Image Only in that other hemisphere Posted Image

Hey did you get the voice working or did you mean you just skeer yourself with a popup that says "Boo"? I had the voice read the field strength for awhile but it was too slow so "notification" :yes:

No, the voice says :Boo: I am not sure if it is slow. I am pretty sure it was how you said to set Tasker up, LOL, I wouldn't know otherwise ;)  

It is more unsettling than hearing voices myself. Maybe I should change it to say hey!
My Signature
Posted Image

#15 siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 01:52 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 18 July 2018 - 01:55 AM, said:

No, the voice says :Boo: I am not sure if it is slow. I am pretty sure it was how you said to set Tasker up, LOL, I wouldn't know otherwise ;)  

It is more unsettling than hearing voices myself. Maybe I should change it to say hey!

Liar Posted Image I only asplained how to does the "Notification" and maybe a popup or sumthin 'cuz those are pretty safe options for most peoplez pHones AND it's in the Alert action category YOU've been messin around :yes: iffen you used the Tasker text to voicerer that's in Misc Posted Image

Posted Image

I only pointed out that after you setup the trigger event what you have your phone/tablet does is up to you AND perhaps what your system can handle.

FYI: Here's the thread  Using Cellphone Sensors For Ghost Hunting :bunny:
My Signature
- siguie -

#16 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 12:36 AM

I am not too sure then maybe it is because my Tasker looks different.

Attached Files

My Signature
Posted Image

#17 siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 03:41 AM

:wallbash:

No you wrote different code :yes: AND very cool it looks like you are running a bunch of different stuff :good: BUT you still changed the action on the trigger yourself  :bunny:

Oh and yer phone/tablet is probably newer than mine. My phone is a 2011 model that I rooted and flashed with a custom ROM and then tweaked the :carp: out of it. If anything on it looks similar to something else it's purely coincidental :yes: Oh and my Tasker is for android 2.1
My Signature
- siguie -

#18 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 05:00 AM

View Postsiguie, on 19 July 2018 - 03:41 AM, said:

:wallbash:

No you wrote different code :yes: AND very cool it looks like you are running a bunch of different stuff :good: BUT you still changed the action on the trigger yourself  :bunny:
OH LOL if you say so... yeah I am running other stuff basically to turn off my wifi at night on my phone it was using a lot of my battery power but then it was a problem with the battery and I got a new battery.

Oh and yer phone/tablet is probably newer than mine. My phone is a 2011 model that I rooted and flashed with a custom ROM and then tweaked the :carp: out of it. If anything on it looks similar to something else it's purely coincidental :yes: Oh and my Tasker is for android 2.1

:good: I think I said battery one too many times...Oh well!
My Signature
Posted Image

#19 siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 11:19 AM

Salt and Battery you say well ok :fighting0072:

:bunny:
My Signature
- siguie -

#20 siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 11:32 AM

Oh doog boj on the battery profile {aka Tasker script} :thumbs:

You do want to drain the battery low on occasion BUT for the most part keeping it mostly charged eXtendz the life :yes:

My battery is going on 7 years and it's still good for 3 days on one charge ... probably 4 but it will email me the "Feed me Seymour" message and start shutting thangs down while slowly going into life support mode :yes:
My Signature
- siguie -

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com