• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Flipflopfil

Flipflopfil

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:48 AM

Taking pictures for my photo class, I found this. Maybe light refracting off of something but none of the stained glass has any images of people.

#2 Flipflopfil

Flipflopfil

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:55 AM

Seems my picture won't attach, how can I edit the post?

Attached File  image.jpg   181.23K   89 downloads

It appears to have attached normally now. If you have any issues then please email a member of the GS team. The email addresses can be found here: http://www.paranorma...howtopic=40072.

SW

#3 Roxstar

Roxstar

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, ghost and after life research, family, music, science, video games. I am mostly into EVP but also love to use spirit boxes and other forms of communication. It's a true passion of mine, more than a hobby.

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:16 AM

Hi Flipflopfil, and welcome to the board. I have a few questions for you, which are 1. did you take this photo yourself, and 2. could you provide more details about the photo? (i.e. time of day, location, background, etc.) On first glance and looking at the photo now, it looks like the image is too good to be true, and has a statuesque look about it. I believe that anything is possible, however, I also believe that we aren't looking at a spirit here. What do you think it might be?

"What Scares You, Masters You."

-UNKNOWN-

#4 Flipflopfil

Flipflopfil

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:23 AM

Honestly I'm not a huge believer in ghost. It was taken last Saturday by me. It was over cast outside and around 1 pm. I personally believe it's a strange reflection from something in the area. I didn't see it till I got home so I didn't replay look around a whole lot. There was a man in the front of the church praying so I didn't wonna make a huge scene. My guess is that it's a camera anomaly. Strange thing is that none of the stained glass had images of people on it. I'm gonna guess that it isn't paranormal but I figured I would bring it here. I love pictures of abandoned buildings or nice structures in general. Never have I seen anything like this.

#5 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,435 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:26 AM

Hello Flipflopfil and welcome!  I agree with you on it being a reflection, or possibly a statue that did not show up quite that well in the picture.  Are there any statues in this church?
Posted Image

#6 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:29 AM

Being you're a student of photography you should be familiar with EXIF data of digital images. Perhaps you could provide the EXIF data for this image.

#7 Flipflopfil

Flipflopfil

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:33 AM

There were some up front by the altar. I didn't look around a whole lot as my son and wife were with me.  I really need to go back and do a follow up.

I can open photoshop in a little while once wife wake up. I do know the exposure was ISO 100 but a 4 second shutter speed apature was 4.5. Was dark inside but didnt wonna use high ISO. Used a tripod and IS turned off.

#8 Flipflopfil

Flipflopfil

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:42 AM

I may have debunked this. This church is known as a church that a person with her own legend was said to visit. Her name was Evangeline. I googled Evangeline statue and it appears to be the same or close to same image as what is in my picture. Really strange how it appeared in my photo and really creeped me out. I guess now I can sleep again!!

#9 Roxstar

Roxstar

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, ghost and after life research, family, music, science, video games. I am mostly into EVP but also love to use spirit boxes and other forms of communication. It's a true passion of mine, more than a hobby.

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:24 PM

I think the Evangeline statue is an accurate reference. So, I have to wonder, are you stating that the image of the statue appeared in your picture, inside of the church? Or is it something else entirely? Is it a project for your photography class maybe?

Attached Files

"What Scares You, Masters You."

-UNKNOWN-

#10 Flipflopfil

Flipflopfil

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:16 PM

I didn't do anything to the picture besides darken and add a vignette. That's when I saw it. The weird thing is that the statue is on the left hand side of the church , outside!! I have no rational understanding how it got in the picture but will be something I discuss with my professor. I know a bit about photagraphy but this one has left me baffled.

#11 Raven Hexx

Raven Hexx

EVP

• GS Member
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:25 PM

Have you set your camera to double exposure, it's quite a common thing to do by accident as this is (obviously) a double exposure, not ghostly I'm afraid to say.

I set mine accidentally one day and got all sorts of weird things appearing.
The digital camera keeps the first image in the buffer and then the second photograph is merged with the first. Depending on your camera the algorithm may try to make a blend, addition or substitution. From the looks of it, it is using the addition algorithm.

Edited by Michelle GT, 01 January 2015 - 07:29 PM.

#12 Flipflopfil

Flipflopfil

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:53 PM

Michelle that is mostly likely the best explanation of what this could be. I was somewhat in a hurry being that I had my wife and son with me. Thanks for the response!

Is there a way to upload a larger photo? I'd like to show the full, uncropped picture. The reason is so freaky when I first saw it is because it was so subtle.

#13 MortimerGraves

MortimerGraves

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:27 AM

But isn't it wonderfully weird! This photo would past muster over many "real" ones I have seen. Double exposure is the consensus and I agree.

God Bless

Graves
Who you gonna call?

#14 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 04:54 AM

View PostFlipflopfil, on 01 January 2015 - 07:53 PM, said:

Is there a way to upload a larger photo? I'd like to show the full, uncropped picture. The reason is so freaky when I first saw it is because it was so subtle.

Welcome to GS :)

You can up load a bigger pic by using a host site for your pictures like photobucket; from there you can use the links provided to embed your pictures or just copy and paste them into the thread.

Edited by klainey, 04 January 2015 - 04:55 AM.

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#15 Miraculix

Miraculix

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 04:57 AM

I just wanted to point out that interestingly, the figure doesn't appear to continue behind the bench, as if it was physically sitting in that very row with the backrest obscuring the rest of the apparition. I'm by all means not an expert, but in my mind that kind of rules out double exposure. Whether or not it's paranormal or some kind of illusion, it's very interesting for sure.

Edited by Miraculix, 09 January 2015 - 04:57 AM.

#16 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 05:13 AM

If he's willing to release the EXIF data, we could see the camera settings :innocent0005:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ghost, women, church, Creepy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users