19 replies to this topic

#1 Nicole_MysteryHunters

Nicole_MysteryHunters

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 06:35 AM

Hello,

I am just wondering if you have personally experienced bilocation or an out of body experience. More than a doppelganger that other people think is you, I'm wondering if you have seen your own doppelganger. Please share your experiences...also if you have a picture of video of this experience please share. I would like to know who else has felt this...

#2 ScotiaSprits

ScotiaSprits

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 189 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:09 AM

I'm wondering if this counts; When I remember something from my youth, I see myself doing whatever I'm remembering. Also once I was on a bus, and it almost got into an accident. It slammed on the breaks and I hit my head on the seat. Breifly I saw myself slumped up against the seat with my eyes closed. I thought I was dead  th_sarcastic_blum.gif . Then I was seeing through my eyes again. It was weird.
Much love,
Kendra innocent0005.gif

Posted Image

#3 Roarek

Roarek

Apport

• GS Member
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 11:14 AM

It's considered very unlucky to see your doppelganger, I've been told that laying eyes upon it is a herald of your death.  investigate.gif
Ghoststudy's self-proclaimed official Doctor Who nut.

#4 RavenHeart

RavenHeart

Magickal Man

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts
  • Interests:All things Paranormal, Spiritual, and Supernatural, . Love Music, Camping, Horseback Riding, Cinema, Photography, Art, Native American Story-Telling. Kundalini Reiki, Holographic Quantum Physics etc.

Posted 16 April 2008 - 05:30 AM

I have experienced both OBE's and extended bi-location. Is there some aspect of bi-location that you had a question about? I don't know if I can answer to your satisfaction, but I will try.
heart.gif
Ravenheart

#5 Nicole_MysteryHunters

Nicole_MysteryHunters

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:20 PM

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I am wondering what exactly bilocation feels like and how it manifested in your case.

Thank you,

NMH

QUOTE(RavenHeart @ Apr 16 2008, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have experienced both OBE's and extended bi-location. Is there some aspect of bi-location that you had a question about? I don't know if I can answer to your satisfaction, but I will try.
heart.gif
Ravenheart

#6 doublejinxed

doublejinxed

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:I'm a Michigan-based artist and graphic designer with a healthy interest in the supernatural.

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:35 PM

There was a very interesting episode of The Twilight Zone on Sci-fi the other night about this. There was a girl waiting for a bus, and everywhere she went people kept telling her she was just there doing the same thing just a few minutes before. Then she started seeing glimpses of herself. Her explanation was that there are two planes of existence, and that when the line between them thins that your other self from the other plane has to get rid of you on the plane that you are now coexisting on and become you before you notice and try to get rid of them or something like that. It ended with her being taken away to a mental home...

very interesting though, definately made me think...

Tha mo chridhe maille ruibh

#7 RavenHeart

RavenHeart

Magickal Man

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts
  • Interests:All things Paranormal, Spiritual, and Supernatural, . Love Music, Camping, Horseback Riding, Cinema, Photography, Art, Native American Story-Telling. Kundalini Reiki, Holographic Quantum Physics etc.

Posted 29 April 2008 - 04:34 AM

QUOTE(Nicole_MysteryHunters @ Apr 28 2008, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,
Thank you for your response. I am wondering what exactly bilocation feels like and how it manifested in your case.
Thank you,
NMH

Hi Nicole,

Bi-location, also called "over-looking" by some, is a way to project one's consciousness to another place, (other than where the physical body is), usually in an effort to gather information. It follows a meditation state in which one creates, in their mind, a "ghost-like" body that resembles their own  physical body and then sends it out to a specified place. It is very much like any OBE, in that you can see and experience this other place without ever fully losing your awareness of your immediate physical surroundings. Just as in a dream-state, you think of the place and you are suddenly there, with no time interval involved. To my mind this is not much different than astral projecting except that one is not completely in a dream-state, but rather a deep meditative state.

Proving that one has performed bi-location is quite another matter and I don't think this practice has ever been proven or disproven scientifically. It is also easily written off as being nothing more than day-dreaming. I learned about bi-location through my study of Wicca/Witchcraft and psychic phenomena and I was surprised to find that it was quite easy for me to do, (usually a lot of study and practice are involved, so I was a bit shocked to find it was not difficult).

I experience it as if I have "flown" to another place and am hovering above an area looking down, (just as is sometimes experienced in a "regular" OBE). I am not aware of and do not see my "ghostly body," except when I am creating it, and I experience these other places mentally, so that here are no real physical sensations to speak of. I have never interacted with another person, but have watched and listened to others as an observer.

After becoming more comfortable with bi-location, I used the same technique, creating a sort of ghostly replica, but then turned it into a raven and sent it out, the experience was not really any different except that I would "see"' with more of a birds-eye view than a humans.

I stopped the practice after questioning whether or not my spirit accompanies my consciousness when it leaves the physical body and if the practice is dangerous or not. I have not answered these questions to my satisfaction yet, but have not suffered any harm that I am aware of. Since I am quite comfortable with astral projection in the dream-state, I tend to rely on that practice instead.

Hope this helps answer your question(s).
  Picture 541.gif
Ravenheart

#8 lilclairey2010

lilclairey2010

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 02:29 AM

i've experienced an OBE before but not bi-location.

i was about 7 or something and needed my mam shouted of me to get up to get ready for school. i shouted back "i'm up" and i remember sitting on the floor and getting my shoes on. (don't ask why my shoes and nothing else lol) and then my mam had to come up and get me up. i was still asleep but totally convinced i was actually getting ready!

Posted Image

Created by Silent Walker

#9 Celip74

Celip74

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 04:34 AM

My daughter keeps telling me that she's hearing people walk into her room and touch her and she can hear conversations they are having....  she kept coming to my room and waking me for a week straight... and of course I'm worried for her... my daughter fell asleep early two weeks ago... when I layed down to go to sleep I was still worried about her... all of a sudden I feel myself getting pulled into my daughters room almost like I was floating..... but as I was going I looked around me and all I saw was the living room and everything very dark and in a cloud... it was weird... I had never experienced anything like it... I was able to look down at my daughter she was curled up in a ball with the covers over her... I touched her and to make sure she was okay... but it was like she couldn't hear or feel me... I called out her name a few times and she didn't even move....  then I felt myself being pulled back into my room.... I assumed this was like an out of body experience... but I was quick to dismiss it all together.... that is until the next morning my daughter told me she thought she felt me touch her shoulder.... she said she awoke and looked around and she even told me exactly how she was laying in her bed and what shoulder I touched.... same night my younger sister had her own out of body experience... she said it was weird but she felt herself floating over her own body and looking down at herself as she slept.....  Now I still don't know what exactly I experienced but I know it was something....

#10 RavenHeart

RavenHeart

Magickal Man

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 05:00 AM

Sounds to me like "typical" astral projection, (if there is such a thing as typical A.P.), although your daughter may be clairvoyant/clairaudiant as well. I wouldn't worry over it too much, you and your daughters' spirits are linked and if she is in danger, you'll likely not only know about it, but also be there for her too, (whether you are aware of it or not). I am not sure why it works that way, but it seems to be the way it goes, (at least in my experience of it).

Pray over your daughter if praying is something that you do anyways and/or make her something with your own hands such as a doll or dream pillow, etc. to help protect while she sleeps. Your physical energy and mental/emotional/spirit energy, (ie willpower), will combine to create a protective aura around her. To want and to need simultaneously, leads to success.

Please let me know how this goes, if you decide to give it a go.

Blessings to you both,
Picture 541.gif
Ravenheart

#11 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,837 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 04:36 AM

Wow, I have never heard of this phenomenon... has anyone else experienced or heard of Bilocation?
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#12 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,474 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 23 August 2018 - 10:54 AM

It's happened to me before. One time it happened when I was having oral surgery. One minute the aesthetician is putting me under the next I was floating above everyone and watching the procedure. As they were wheeling me out of the OR,  I snapped back into my body and started to hyperventilate. They couldn't calm me down. They had to have my Father come in and try to relax me enough to breathe right.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#13 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,837 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 09:16 PM

No, I think that is a little different MacC, I think this is more like people actually seeing you in two different places at the same time :fright:

The act of what is referred to as bilocation describes a person being physically in two locations simultaneously. It differs from other similar phenomena such as astral travel, (in which a person’s consciousness travels outside of the physical body, sort of like a living ghost) or other types of out of body experiences in that the individual does not appear in this second location as a wraith or ghostly, indistinct apparition, but rather as an apparently flesh-and-blood physical body, indistinguishable from a real person and their original self. The bilocator is typically described as being totally physically present in both locations, breathing, sweating, and able to touch things, eat and drink, or otherwise interact with their surroundings in a normal fashion. Bilocation also happens instantly, whereas with other types of out of body experiences there is often a sense of taking time to travel from one location to the next.

Seeing Double: Strange Cases of Bilocation

Posted Image

#14 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,474 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 25 August 2018 - 11:11 AM

Gotcha. :good:

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#15 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,837 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 08:15 PM

View PostMacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 25 August 2018 - 11:11 AM, said:

Gotcha. :good:

I hadn't really heard of it before, interesting though. Nor have I had an OBE; yours sounds very much like what my mother described hers to be :yes:
Posted Image

#16 daphnerose

daphnerose

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 10:05 PM

Is that more along the lines of deja vous?

#17 dash

dash

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 01:47 AM

I think that is more feeling like you have been at the same place, said or done the same thing before I haven't heard of it before either

#18 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 01:55 AM

I'm listening to a podcast about out of body experiences at the moment it's very interesting! One of the theories is that when you experience that 'jolt' and suddenly wake up thinking like you're going to fall out of bed or something, that's you returning to your physical body...

What do you all think?
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#19 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,837 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 05:06 AM

View PostearthlydelitesGStudy, on 30 August 2018 - 01:55 AM, said:

I'm listening to a podcast about out of body experiences at the moment it's very interesting! One of the theories is that when you experience that 'jolt' and suddenly wake up thinking like you're going to fall out of bed or something, that's you returning to your physical body...

What do you all think?

I was told that hypnic jerks are something from the prehistoric day's, we couldn't sleep soundly because of predators wanting to snack on us while we slept :fright: or changing our position and falling out of a tree. But I like your podcast theory better :yes:
Posted Image

#20 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 12:56 AM

ooh makes sense its an evolutionary quirk!!
It's in the trees, it's coming!