15 replies to this topic

#1 mars

mars

Orb

• GS Member
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:witchcraft, writing, petting cats

Posted 18 September 2015 - 06:55 AM

I'm surprised there's no ongoing music sharing thread!! I always find it interesting to see what other people like and what they find special about certain songs.

So, slamming a metaphorical quarter into the metaphorical jukebox, a jam I've brought for you all is LCD Soundsystem's 'Dance Yrself Clean'. It's electronica- what the kids these days (I said as I too was a kid) call "dance-punk".

#2 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,972 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 18 September 2015 - 07:48 AM

I'm a fan of Joe Bonamassa, Radiohead, Jack White and many others
Posted Image

#3 PumpkinWraith

PumpkinWraith

1D's #1 Fan

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts
  • Interests:Mainly my family and chatting to and getting to know the many good friends I've made here over the years. I love Rock, Metal and alternative music as well as having a profound interest in the paranormal.

Posted 18 September 2015 - 05:21 PM

Rockabilly, Punk and Metal, most types are my favourite.  I can't stand rap or R&B or anything to do with manufactured 'bands' or Simon Cowel :D

Posted Image

The Aliens said I could take a friend next time. Apply below ......but no mad people!

I <3 One Direction. Harry 4Ever!

#4 Safire973

Safire973

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 05:38 PM

I listen to pretty much everything excluding techno and rap - stuff along those lines.

I listen to alot of gothic/symphonic metal. I swear I should live in Finland.  Maybe Sweden...lol  That being said, if I could only listen to one album for the rest of my life, I'd choose the soundtrack to Amadeus.
I fully believe that not everyone is meant to see things; some things you just aren't meant to know.

#5 chips1310

chips1310

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:All things spooky

Posted 19 September 2015 - 12:04 AM

I love music from the 80s also dance music from around the 90's. Rap and RnB just doesnt do it for me. I grew up with a biker brother so I have a soft spot for Lyndrd Skynrd, AC/DC and such likes. I enjoy some punk stuff from the 70s too. I'm even partial to country and western !!

I think its safe to say I have a very wide taste in music. But do admit to knowing absolutely nothing about todays music trends, I dont even have a clue about recent music charts
Ignorance is refusing to believe what we dont understand

#6 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,260 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 02:53 AM

I like all music but some more than others
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#7 mars

mars

Orb

• GS Member
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:witchcraft, writing, petting cats

Posted 20 September 2015 - 04:35 PM

:p I can't believe y'all don't care for rap hahaha- to each their own I guess! (And I had a cool song with rap in it to show everyone.... *sighs sadly*)

#8 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 05:08 PM

https://soundcloud.c...-face-lady-gaga

Enjoy! :whistling:

#9 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 20 September 2015 - 05:41 PM

View Postmars, on 20 September 2015 - 04:35 PM, said:

:p I can't believe y'all don't care for rap hahaha- to each their own I guess! (And I had a cool song with rap in it to show everyone.... *sighs sadly*)
Ok I will show my true age..... I love R&B, Blues, country (old school) - Bobby Brown,  Areosmith with Dr Dre Dream On makes my soul happy. Mumford & sons, Alabama, BB King, Lous Armstrong's What a wonderful world. Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nick's is absolutly beautiful) Cher, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Nirvana, Trans Siberian Orchestra, Blue Grass ie Soggy BottomBoys - I am a man of Constant Sorrow. Skynyrd's Curtis Loew. Wagon Wheel by Darius Rucker (I know him so that's a given) I still close my eyes while he sings that to me ;) Wallflowers - One head light (that hits home for me)There are so many. Not into the new stuff created in a music studio. You have talent or you don't the end.i also really like Ford Colt.....Plain white Tees - Hey there Delila.

Ok now judge away my friends!!!

#10 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,387 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 20 September 2015 - 05:47 PM

View PostMichelle, on 20 September 2015 - 05:41 PM, said:

Ok I will show my true age..... I love R&B, Blues, country (old school) - Bobby Brown,  Areosmith with Dr Dre Dream On makes my soul happy. Mumford & sons, Alabama, BB King, Lous Armstrong's What a wonderful world. Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nick's is absolutly beautiful) Cher, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Nirvana, Trans Siberian Orchestra, Blue Grass ie Soggy BottomBoys - I am a man of Constant Sorrow. Skynyrd's Curtis Loew. Wagon Wheel by Darius Rucker (I know him so that's a given) I still close my eyes while he sings that to me ;) Wallflowers - One head light (that hits home for me)There are so many. Not into the new stuff created in a music studio. You have talent or you don't the end.i also really like Ford Colt.....Plain white Tees - Hey there Delila.

Ok now judge away my friends!!!

Hey, there's nothing wrong with Fleetwood Mac :D I always enjoyed "Rhiannon".

As for me, I enjoy everything.  There are some forms of rap I will not listen to because I cannot understand what they're saying, or it's too violent in nature.  I enjoy metal (Killswitch Engage, Bury Tomorrow, Sevendust), some Hard Rock (AC/DC, Breaking Benjamin, Eye Empire), and I also enjoy Country (Kenny Chesney, Alan Jackson, George Strait).  I try to be open to all types of music ^_^

Edited by NightWalker07, 20 September 2015 - 05:50 PM.

Posted Image

#11 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,972 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 20 September 2015 - 06:05 PM

For those interested in a wide variety or rock and blues, I cannot recommend this station enough. It was born late 60's as a freeform FM station that played all kinds of genres of music, but mostly blues and rock. Over the decades it became generic corporate rock, finally to become county in the early 90's with different call letters. Some of the original staff..yes they are old!..have put the station back together, with lots of great new music and some older great stuff. And not the overplayed stuff you hear on the radio, Low power in the Sacramento area, I'm in a suburb and can't get it on the radio, but they stream, and it is awesome, Check it out and see what you thingk  http://v4.mystreampl...<br /> <br /> That's the stream for the music. This link is more about KZAP  http://www.k-zap.org/

Edited by Vlawde, 20 September 2015 - 08:01 PM.

Posted Image

#12 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 20 September 2015 - 06:08 PM

View PostVlawde, on 20 September 2015 - 06:05 PM, said:

For those interested in a wide variety or rock and blues, I cannot recommend this station enough. It was born late 60's as a freeform FM station that played all kinds of genres of music, but mostly blues and rock. Over the decades it became generic corporate rock, finally to become county in the early 90's with different call letters. Some of the original staff..yes they are old!..have put the station back together, with lots of great new music and some older great stuff. And not the overplayed stuff you hear on the radio, Low power in the Sacramento area, I'm in a suburb and can't get it on the radio, but they stream, and it is awesome, Check it out and see what you thingk  http://v4.mystreamplayer.com/kzap
I will thank you!!!!

#13 Shawn4233

Shawn4233

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigations, Horror Movies, Music, Traveling, Meeting New People, Sports, Friends, Chatting, Video Games, Concerts, Food, TV, New Experiences, Having A Good Time, Laughing, Making Others Laugh, Helping Others.

Posted 23 September 2015 - 06:30 PM

I am mostly an oldies to 80's person. The newest I think I go is Rob Zombie. He is one of my favorites along with KISS. I can say I love almost all oldies. Temptations, Four Tops, The Association. The list just goes on.
Your Leading Gettysburg Paranormal Authority
Twitter: @WinFBLeague

#14 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:21 PM

View PostShawn4233, on 23 September 2015 - 06:30 PM, said:

I am mostly an oldies to 80's person. The newest I think I go is Rob Zombie. He is one of my favorites along with KISS. I can say I love almost all oldies. Temptations, Four Tops, The Association. The list just goes on.
Nice Shawn!

#15 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,260 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:53 PM

View PostShawn4233, on 23 September 2015 - 06:30 PM, said:

Yes, my daughter really likes Rob Zombie too! He is one of my "Some more than others"  liking LOL

I will check out your stream player link too Vlawde :)
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#16 Guest_SilentWalker_*

Guest_SilentWalker_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2015 - 01:21 AM

It would be Sonne by Rammstein, November Rain by G&R and Brothers in Arms by Dire Straits.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users