• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 titch2k6

titch2k6

Orb

• GS Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 January 2021 - 04:35 PM

So, this is not a story I have shared that much, but it was an event witnessed by a quite few people. Why do I share it here now? Just as an example of how things can go 'south' and why you should not be playing around with spirit boards, especially if you do not know what you are doing. This is the event that made me walk away from spirit boards forever.

If you have read any of the posts I have already put up, you will know that I use to be a Wicca taught Spirit Board medium and did this for quite a few years. In October of 2007, I was invited to conduct a session for a group of people as part of their Halloween festivities in the Spalding area, Lincolnshire. Having conducted a number of sessions for them in the past, I agreed to attend and conduct a session, at their request, at 03:00 as considered to be the witching hour, something I have done so many times before. I produced a 'hellgate' board in oak for the event, again, something I had done before and used to get some really good responses with.

The event started off normally with lighting of the candles, sealing of the glass and a protection ritual. There was six of us, myself included, around the board and 8 spectators, including my scriber who was responsible for recording all of the board activity for review at a later time if needed. We had a 'resident' presence ('our Fred') come through and spent a bt of time with us, much to the enjoyment of the group, before we said goodbye to him and let him move on. Things then went really quiet for a bit before we started to get another response.

From the outstart, something just did not feel right with this presence. Can't explain it - there was just this 'feeling' deep inside me. We had a lot of glass movement, but at the same time, it was very sporadic. It would give us no information and refused to follow our instructions, such as to returning to the centre of the board. Nothing abnormal there - 'Jokers' and 'Clowns' do this all the time initially. However, the force on the glass was also slowly getting more forceful the longer we tried to make actual interaction with the entity. As we progressed, the entity seemed to be getting more confident with itself and the glass movement started to become even more stronger and it was spending more time trying to head to my line of limitation, located in front of the 'hellgate', with the group having to physically stop the glass on more than one occasion. All of this time though, not a single thing had been 'said' through the board and we, at this point, still had no idea who, or what, we were dealing with.

After a few minutes of this, the glass finally started spelling out things, but at the time, it just appeared to be gibberish to us. It was my scriber that actually realised that we were getting messages through. The reason we could not understand what was being said was because everything was being given to us in reverse.......

Now, this is where I should have stopped the session there and then, potentially facing a negative entity, and closed the board. Instead, I let intrigue get the better of me and allowed the session to continue. Something I have regretted for many years after.

We continued to get responses in reverse, normal phrases (mostly threatening those on the board) and then we started receiving responses in, what we found out after the event through research, latin. In my whole spirit board 'career', I had never received anything in latin during any previous events. I had heard about it happening (and apparently, it was never a good sign), but never experienced it. The one phrase we got upon review that I will never forget was 'angelus reprobi', which translated means 'fallen angel'. During all of this time, we never received a name for the entity and the glass got that strong in its movements at one point, the six of us on the board were struggling to keep up with it.......

The session came to a finale, with people now starting to panic a little, with the glass making a direct line for 'hellgate' on the board. We quickly applied all the pressure we could to stop the glass and I found myself shouting for the entity to return to the centre of the board. The glass started moving a lot slower than it had all evening (I remember thinking that maybe it had used most of its energy by now) and positioned itself at the centre. Then the glass imploded. Now understand this - this thing did not shatter outwards or crack and come apart - this thing went IN on itself.

This, honestly, was the first time I actually felt true fear. After being taken back for a few moments, and after gathering my thoughts, I conducted an impromptu cleansing ritual and we appropriately disposed of the board. Myself and a couple of others experienced very disturbing nightmares following the event over the next few nights, and even more eerily, they all were very similar in nature (tall figure with red eyes taunting us from within shadows, faceless people being horrifically tortured and the death of loved ones - all very graphic in nature). My marriage with my very loving wife also broke down shortly after, as well as a run of other bad luck that seemed to follow me for a period of time after. It may all have just been coincidental to the event, but I don't know and can't prove anything. I vowed following this event that I would never have anything to do with spirit boards again and have not touched one since, despite numerous requests over the years from people I had previously met through holding sessions for them. Instead, I went down the path of being an investigator, which is fine by me and been happily doing for many years now.

I still have contact with some of the people, and who are still close friends, that were there during that morning and witnessed the events that unfolded. We recollect the night in conversation occasionally and laugh about it now, but there still exists a daunting feeling of just how lucky we were to get off as lightly as we did.

As a final twist to this story, I am a member of a number of paranormal forums spread across the internet. I met another Wicca taught spirit board user in one of these who had a frighteningly similar experience that also made her walk away from them forever. She has been, and still is, a very active advocate in teaching people on how dangerous these 'toys' can actually be.

This was a really bad experience, but I have also had beautiful moments on a board in the past and in my next post, i would like to tell you the story of how I met, and spoke to, my grandmother - 10 years after she lost her battle to cancer.

Edited by titch2k6, 06 January 2021 - 04:57 PM.

Posted Image

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,228 posts

Posted 06 January 2021 - 08:43 PM

Thank you so much for retelling your experience, it must have been a frightening time! It is also the boards view on ouija boards not to get involved with them.

I look forward to hearing about your grandmother :yes:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 kevinscan

kevinscan

Succubus

• GS Member
  • 792 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting
    Family
    photography
    Computers
    Art
    Friends
    Horror & Sci-fi
    A good mystery
    Star Wars
    Hiking

Posted 07 January 2021 - 12:12 AM

I only used the ouija board once when I was younger, It frightened us while using it. we disposed of it.
Posted Image

"Ghosts are not conscious entities, but emotional energy recorded in matter"

Sir Oliver Lodge

#4 ParanormalEmpath

ParanormalEmpath

EVP

• GS Member
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:Spirit, Empathic abilities, Clairvoyance, Mediums & other paranormal topics

Posted 07 January 2021 - 05:58 AM

That was an interesting but frightening experience.  I have done a lot of ITC communication which in my opinion is a similar form of communication as the spirit board.  When I do a lot of it things seem to hang around me for a while afterwards still trying to communicate.  I take long breaks due to this to break any connection.  It is definitely possible that negative spirit attached to you and the others.  IMO there is no such thing as an expert in this field, none of us know exactly who or what we are dealing with which makes this pursuit potentially dangerous.  Titch have you tried other forms of communication?

#5 titch2k6

titch2k6

Orb

• GS Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 03:52 PM

View PostParanormalEmpath, on 07 January 2021 - 05:58 AM, said:

Titch have you tried other forms of communication?

I have conducted communication sessions utilising EVP, Ovilus, P-SB7, portal boxes, torch 'trick' and rempods with various groups I have been involved with.

I have also been with a group that used a method as seen used by the Most Haunted team during their investigation of 30 East Drive, Pontefract back in 2015. A really good exercise in locations where you are receiving intelligent knocks as responses. I consider it a much safer alternative to the Spirit Board and consists of the alphabet and numerics on either a piece of paper or laptop screen. Asking the entity to knock once or twice to indicate a letter or number, point to each figure slowly in turn with a pointer or pen. When you get a response, start again until you get some sort of legible answer to your question. This actually works extremely well under the right conditions and something that is easily documented as evidence and something we will be conducting again in my own group's investigation of 30 East Drive, which we are holding later on in 2021.

Another item I have seen used, and again, something we are going to start using within the group later in the year (now we have all the components), is the Tesla Ghost Radio. Very interesting piece of equipment, but has to be used with an air of caution due to all the radio interference it can also pick-up on.
Posted Image

#6 ParanormalEmpath

ParanormalEmpath

EVP

• GS Member
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:Spirit, Empathic abilities, Clairvoyance, Mediums & other paranormal topics

Posted 07 January 2021 - 08:59 PM

Very interesting.  We will try your knocking approach.  We have played the knock knock game and gotten responses but you have taken that to a much higher level.   We have written numbers and letters on a chalkboard and ask the spirit to either tell us what the number is or give us a word starting with that letter while utilizing our ITC equipment.  We have gotten very intelligence responses just about every time we've tried this.  Thank you for sharing.  We are always looking for new methods.

#7 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,498 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 09 January 2021 - 08:34 AM

Have you experimented with the Estes method? Estes method has one person, called the Receiver, put on a blindfold and noise isolation headphones with the idea that it puts them in a state of sensory deprivation. The Receiver then listens as the radio sweeps through the available radio broadcasts and calls out words he or she hears through the headphones. While this is going on, others in the group ask various questions of the spirits and wait to hear what comes from the Receiver.

Edited by Vlawde, 09 January 2021 - 08:35 AM.

Posted Image

#8 titch2k6

titch2k6

Orb

• GS Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 03:00 PM

Not tried this yet, but seen it done by Amy and Adam on Kindred Spirits quite a few times. Definitely something, as a group, we will be looking at using as a communication method on investigations - once we are out of lockdown :)
Posted Image

#9 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • 2,679 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 12 January 2021 - 07:53 AM

Extremely interesting!!!  Thank you for sharing this with us.  It has definitely given me new tools to try.  Ouija once, but NEVER again.

Welcome!!!
Michelle
Posted Image