12 replies to this topic

#1 MacQdor

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:13 AM

http://www.sacred-te.../ppj/ppj006.htm

IT WAS about three years ago that Lord Olivier, a former Governor of Jamaica, wrote to me: "The occasional outburst of this 'poltergeist' phenomenon in Jamaica is remarkable. I investigated with some care the evidence as to one case which occurred when I was in Jamaica and there have been very full reports in the local Press of another recent occurrence which seems to have been carefully investigated without detecting any possibility of corporeal agency."

The later incident to which reference is made occurred at Roehampton, a little settlement in a remote mountain district of St. James Parish. I was visiting Jamaica at the time and while I was not able to investigate the case personally for want of time, I afterwards collected from The Daily Gleaner of Kingston, whatever had been published on the subject.
The first notice appeared in the issue of June 6, 1931, and ran as follows. "Ghost Mystery for the Spiritualists. Unseen Hands Throw At Girl All Kinds Of Missiles. From Which There Is No Escape: She Says She Is Controlled By Spirit: Hammer

These are some of the happenings as told by eye-witnesses.

(1) A lamp was seen to go through a very small hole, and when taken up and fitted to the hole, it could not pass through again.
(2) A stone of about half a pound weight was thrown through a pane of glass and the glass was not smashed.
(3) One Astley Lewis took off his shoes in the house and soon after one disappeared, was seen to 'fly' at a terrific speed and hit a girl at his side.
(4) Stones drop into the house coming to all appearances through the roof of the house.

My Signature
Attitude is your acceptance of the natural laws, or your rejection of the natural laws

#2 True North

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:19 PM

In the poltergeist cases you've researched, has a source of the activity ever appeared (to you) to have been correctly identified?

#3 MacQdor

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:32 PM

A majority of the cases I've researched the source is hardly ever identified.  Assumption is always given to an occupant in the house.  The more data I compile and look at, I'm starting to believe those are just that - assumptions.  

One thing is for certain every case I've looked at, multiple time periods, multiple centuries (14th, 15th, 18th, 20th and now 21st century) Regardless the land mass these outbreaks are on. Regardless of race, creed or color the phenomena is almost identical.  The similarities are astounding.

Keith
My Signature
Attitude is your acceptance of the natural laws, or your rejection of the natural laws

#4 True North

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 06:45 AM

I agree, the core 'poltergeist profile' is extremely consistent across cultures and time periods.

In this Roehampton story, the girl is convinced the man following her is the source of all the stone throwing even though she doesn't witnesses him throw anything.

Have you come across any reports of witnesses claiming to have seen the supposed culprit throwing something or pushing something over?

#5 MacQdor

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 08:32 AM

In this Roehampton story, the girl is convinced the man following her is the source of all the stone throwing even though she doesn't witnesses him throw anything.

I've yet to come across cases or reports where witnesses including myself have seen objects pushed over or objects thrown.  I've seen countless items in mid-flight. I've seen the after effect which is the item is now knocked over but never the actual process of and that's one element of what a Poltergeist is.

Poltergeist are notorious for throwing stuff but the observer never sees the object take flight, we see it already in flight.  There's something about the phenomena that ties with the:
  • https://en.wikipedia...effect_(physics)
  • the observer effect is the fact that simply observing a situation or phenomenon necessarily changes that phenomenon. This is often the result of instruments that, by necessity, alter the state of what they measure in some manner.
The Poltergeist IMO is the perfect candidate for supporting many of the Quantum Physics theories.

I've literally seen objects in my house vibrate and act in a manner in which they want to fly but dont, due to me looking at them.  I walk away and minutes later those objects are now airborne - jetting through the house at remarkable speed, some changing direction in mid-flight, probably due to me observing it.

~ Astounding
My Signature

#6 True North

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 01:05 PM

View PostMacQdor, on 16 September 2017 - 08:32 AM, said:

I've yet to come across cases or reports where witnesses including myself have seen objects pushed over or objects thrown.

Neither have I. I think this is especially worth highlighting with accounts like Roehampton where a witness fingers a culprit (who they can see but others can't) and still does not observe the supposed culprit throw, carry off, or push over an object.

Edited by True North, 16 September 2017 - 01:07 PM.

#7 Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 16 September 2017 - 10:06 PM

Hi, Fellas:

Good to see you are keeping busy.   I don't think that I misread the account of the child (girl) when she stated that she did see the spirt but it signaled her not to tell on it.

Poltergeist activity is interesting.   Did you find any current cases, MacQdor?   Within the past 30 years?   Not including yours.   I've read yours.
My Signature
Find an old place with history, with people and learn all its nuances.

#8 MacQdor

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 10:00 AM

Oh yes I've found cases the last 30 years that mirror the last 1000 years.

The Rochdale Poltergeist 1995
http://metaphysicala...t-1995.html?m=1

Hump Doo Poltergeist Australia
http://www.dailymail...ise-FAILED.html

A POLTERGEIST that reportedly terrorized a Humpty Doo home for four months in 1998 is considered one of the most significant supernatural occupations of its kind, according to a new book by men who spent time in the house.

India
http://www.ghosttheo...lice-help  2008

Poltergeist case in Rutherglen, Scotland

https://nexusnewsfee...erglen-scotland
While on the scene, authorities witnessed several strange incidents. Clothes flying across a room, lights that went off, then turned back on but now had their lamp shades inverted, an oven that opened itself and doors that opened and closed on their own.

Not to mention what's being reported in communities and forums like this the world over.   The phenomena is more prevalent than what many people realize.
My Signature

#9 Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:21 PM

Thank you, MacQdor:

I don't quite know what to think about poltergeist activity.   Professionals in that area use to think it was a fragment of the mind broken free and romping about within the proximity of a particular person.   Not always a child.  And I am unable to focus on it at this time but wanted to thank you for taking the time to pull the links together for me. (The India link isn't working)

How is your new residence?  I know that you thought you were followed and am familiar with the water suddenly appearing in your new home.  Have things quieted down?

Hey!  I tried to message you a short while ago but it's not working.  Did you turn it off?

Edited by Menet, 17 September 2017 - 05:44 PM.

My Signature
Find an old place with history, with people and learn all its nuances.

#10 MacQdor

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 06:23 PM

My residence is quiet.  The only thing going on now is bed stuff:
  • Poking and prodding
  • Pulsating mattress/Pillows
  • Sheet tugs
  • Indention's and
  • Heart Beats
The water puddle only happened once.

Every blue moon an asport event.
My Signature

#11 MacQdor

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 07:22 PM

The Guarulhos Poltergeist: A Reassessment of Andrades

https://www.cia.gov/...700350001-2.pdf

Apport Like Phenomena

1.) Found 2 white candles lit in their bedroom.
2.) Money disappearance
3.) Purse disappearance

Apparitions
1.) Hairy like creatures
2. ) 1.5 M tall,

Edited by MacQdor, 17 September 2017 - 07:23 PM.

My Signature

#12 True North

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:00 PM

As this concerns objects disappearing (and objects disappear all the time with poltergeists) I figured I'd paste the following comment of mine from another thread. This is what I sense when an item is in 'etheric limbo' so to speak...

View PostTrue North, on 22 September 2017 - 07:19 PM, said:

Knowing 'where to look' is kind of my specialty. This means I can be bothered by things I can't find if I let it bother me. I've learned not to let it.

For what it's worth, there have been times that an item I can't find but have NOT lost isn't anywhere (not anywhere at all). What I mean by it's not lost is I can feel the item in my possession but I also can feel it's nowhere... it occupies no space, and at the same time, it occupies many spaces. Basically, when I 'look' at the item I 'see' a whole bunch of potential realities as a single idea - I feel it, I have it, the item exists, but as possibilities.

When this happens I set the issue aside, knowing things will get sorted out if I do. I don't allow my brain to get worked up trying to explain an item I sense as being nowhere/everywhere. It's kind of like Schrodinger's Cat, except in terms of here/there instead of alive/dead :)

#13 MacQdor

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 06:40 AM

True North

I feel the same as well.  I'm forced to believe based on what I've seen that the disappearing and reappearing of objects are one side of the same coin. if that makes sense?  Basically, the object is still there.  I just can't see. There's some sort of dimension pane in the way.

Most of the objects that went missing in our house where the objects I refer to as out of sight out of mind.  I mean if you have 20+ knives in the kitchen drawer if you're like me you're not going to notice them missing until they get down to a few.  And that's exactly how it happens.  the car keys that went missing were the keys I never used. It was my back up.
My Signature

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com