#1 Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 17 September 2017 - 08:43 PM

Sunday, September 17th, 2017

Kittafur is my cat.  He goes by many alias'.  Like a secret agent or a criminal on the run.   And maybe he is.   We don't talk about it until something happens.

We were in dispute over his cat fur because he leaves it laying all over the place.  He's a Tabby and wears his fur long, I think.   Others say it's medium length.  That doesn't make me feel any better because he doesn't pick up after himself and that doesn't bother him in the least.

He didn't care until I attempted to groom him.  Then he was fighting mad about it.  When we first started our grooming sessions I had to wear a sweat shirt and leather gloves.  He was angry.  I laughed.  I'm bigger than him and I know the weapons he has in his possession.  He's deadly.

We are better now.  He will stretch out on the floor beside me, signaling that it's ok and I grab the comb.  I no longer have to wear a sweat shirt and gloves but I do have to pay attention because when he has had enough, he let's me know and I'm willing to let it go...for awhile....a very short while.
My Signature
The ultimate test of skepticism is questioning your own beliefs-attributed to Johannes Kepler (1571-1630) Mathematician & Astronomer

#2 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,128 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 09:46 PM

LOL Posted Imagehe sounds like a character and, sorry, it would have been funny to see! Since I am not on your cats receiving end Posted Image
My Signature

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 05:46 PM

Tuesday, September 19th.

Kittafur has appointed himself, Executive Chef in our kitchen.  I can open a door anywhere in our home yet it's only the icebox door that brings him sashaying into the kitchen, "What are we serving?"

For the most part he lays in the kitchen window and observes what I'm doing until it comes time for salad prep and then he is right there, into the sink, into the water, into the lettuces.   Wet or dry he cannot leave it alone.  The way he behaves it is like he thinks it might be catnip.

On the other hand, I'm no good with living plants and he is confined indoors with the run of our place.  The only green that he can get into is the salad bowl.   So I shouldn't be surprised by that.

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 17 September 2017 - 09:46 PM, said:

LOL Posted Imagehe sounds like a character and, sorry, it would have been funny to see! Since I am not on your cats receiving end Posted Image

I could have used your help.  He uses deadly force when someone crosses him.
My Signature
The ultimate test of skepticism is questioning your own beliefs-attributed to Johannes Kepler (1571-1630) Mathematician & Astronomer

#4 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,735 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:27 PM

View PostMenet, on 19 September 2017 - 05:46 PM, said:

Tuesday, September 19th.

Kittafur has appointed himself, Executive Chef in our kitchen.  I can open a door anywhere in our home yet it's only the icebox door that brings him sashaying into the kitchen, "What are we serving?"

For the most part he lays in the kitchen window and observes what I'm doing until it comes time for salad prep and then he is right there, into the sink, into the water, into the lettuces.   Wet or dry he cannot leave it alone.  The way he behaves it is like he thinks it might be catnip.

On the other hand, I'm no good with living plants and he is confined indoors with the run of our place.  The only green that he can get into is the salad bowl.   So I shouldn't be surprised by that.

I could have used your help.  He uses deadly force when someone crosses him.

You should grow some Cat Grass for him.
My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#5 Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:44 PM

Friday, September 22nd

Kittafur has had grass grown for him in the past (when he was younger) and it wasn't good enough although I think I might plant some Bibb lettuce for him and see how that works out.  And I'm not fooling when I said he is the Executive Chef.  He lays in the window with the stove to his right and the work space on his left.  When I'm cooking he laying on the sill taking it all in.

I closed his tail in the window this morning.  First time ever.  I've always been careful and he moved but he didn't move his tail and I couldn't see it and brought the window down on his tail,  Holy Cow!  I took injuries to my left hand because he couldn't get his tail out and I had to go in and set loose an angry, hurting, Kittafur.

Ouch.  Cat bites look like vampire bites and I got bit twice before I could get him loose.  Poor Kittafur.  Looking at it now, I think I'll put some antibiotic ointment on my wounds.
My Signature

#6 Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,436 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 22 September 2017 - 01:24 AM

Take care of those wounds, Menet. Don't want to hear about you getting some horrible infection.  ;)

Do you have other pets too? Or just Kittafur?
My Signature
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#7 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,128 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:46 AM

Yes, be careful I have operated on cat bits before, more so if they bite into the joint. Ouch
My Signature

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#8 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,735 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 23 September 2017 - 09:20 AM

View PostMenet, on 21 September 2017 - 11:44 PM, said:

Friday, September 22nd

Kittafur has had grass grown for him in the past (when he was younger) and it wasn't good enough although I think I might plant some Bibb lettuce for him and see how that works out.  And I'm not fooling when I said he is the Executive Chef.  He lays in the window with the stove to his right and the work space on his left.  When I'm cooking he laying on the sill taking it all in.

I closed his tail in the window this morning.  First time ever.  I've always been careful and he moved but he didn't move his tail and I couldn't see it and brought the window down on his tail,  Holy Cow!  I took injuries to my left hand because he couldn't get his tail out and I had to go in and set loose an angry, hurting, Kittafur.

Ouch.  Cat bites look like vampire bites and I got bit twice before I could get him loose.  Poor Kittafur.  Looking at it now, I think I'll put some antibiotic ointment on my wounds.

Sorry to hear about Kittafur and the the ensuing vampire bite, but I saw this meme online and had to share it with you.

Posted Image
My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

#9 Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 09:25 AM

Wow, that's quite a Cat and quite a character there, Menet.
Now your cat is probably thinking things like, "The Battlefield is here."
Does he have one of those multi-platform things that he can climb on
with a "house" on it? I hear that cats love those things.
I call cats such as the one that you have, "General", because they have that kind of temperament
and personality.

Edited by Captain Kundalini, 24 September 2017 - 04:14 PM.

#10 Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,436 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 09:34 AM

"General" sounds like just the right nickname for Menet's cat, Captain.  :yes:
My Signature
Posted Image

#11 Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 04:09 AM

Good morning, All:

Klainey:  The swelling is down on my bites and they are healing.  I know bites can cause problems.  My nephew would swell up like a balloon when he was bitten or scratched.

Jim:  I have Kittafur.  He wouldn't allow another to live here.  When I considered getting him a companion (when I worked) my vet advised me against it since the only cats that like companionship are lions.  According to her but Kittafur loves me and doesn't like others about because he can't tolerate:

Sadie, a blind German Shepard,
Brody and Sassie, Bull Terriers,
Buddy, Labrador,
Cubby, Pug,
Nosy Rosie, rescued Pit Bull,
and a wide variety of feral cats that are fed and neutered when they show up.  Not an over abundance these days.

The above beloved pets belong to my family and I'm pet sitter when the family takes off and needs someone or when they come to visit.  I'm going to have to learn about that camera.   My family is dedicated to their pets and that makes me gramma.

Kittafur is spoiled rotten and has numerous platforms throughout the entire house.  I keep the tops of bookcases and dressers cleared for him.   He runs the place except when I'm pet sitting.  He has his own room and it doesn't bother him one bit when others show up for a stay because he doesn't want out.   Fortunately that doesn't happen very often.

He stays in the window, Mac.  He might venture to the stove if I'm cooking up meat but keeps his distance from the flame.  Yet does a nose dive into the lettuces.

He owns the place, including me, CK.

Thank you all for taking an interest in Kittafur and Me.   Gotta run!
My Signature

#12 Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 04:14 PM

I hear ya, Menet.
Thinking that we own them proves that we are delusional
because that's not the case. :)

#13 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 12:16 PM

True CK, They own us. Cat's have not forgotten that they were worshiped by the ancient Egyptians and other pre-historical cultures. They will not let us forget, either.

Posted Image

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 25 September 2017 - 01:53 PM.

My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

#14 Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,436 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 12:53 PM

View PostMenet, on 24 September 2017 - 04:09 AM, said:

Sadie, a blind German Shepard,
Brody and Sassie, Bull Terriers,
Buddy, Labrador,
Cubby, Pug,
Nosy Rosie, rescued Pit Bull,
and a wide variety of feral cats that are fed and neutered when they show up.  Not an over abundance these days.

The above beloved pets belong to my family and I'm pet sitter when the family takes off and needs someone or when they come to visit.  I'm going to have to learn about that camera.   My family is dedicated to their pets and that makes me gramma.

Wow... even though Kittafur is the only permanent pet... you still have a lot of visitors streaming through on occasion.
You provide a great service for your family and their pets, Menet... good for you!  :)
My Signature
Posted Image

#15 Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:39 PM

I'm thinking of volunteering my services to the animal shelter in our area.   Just thinking about it.   Just thinking about it, Jim.   I'm not that bored yet.
My Signature

#16 Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:21 PM

Kittafur is making me crazy.  He thinks I should be in bed by 10:00 pm.  He is worse than a mother hen.  What it really is:  he's ready for bed but can't settle in until I do.

And so he sits at my elbow and stares at me.  I'm pretty successful at ignoring him until he places his paw on my arm to draw my attention away from what I'm doing.

So go to bed, Kittafur!!  He won't.  He doesn't like to be rousted out of his warm spot by me.  So it's tap, tap, tap on my elbow.

Yep, let's go to bed, Kittafur.
My Signature

#17 MrsFrootloops

Wraith

• Lead Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 07 October 2017 - 10:49 PM

I love cats, they can be really funny sometimes. When I was little, we had 2 cats, one lived in my bedroom, and the other lived down stairs. Well the one upstairs in the bedroom would start meowing at 9pm, which was bed time, and she wouldn't stop until I got in bed. And when it was time to wake up, she would bite toes, covered or non-covered.

How did Kittafur get his name?
My Signature
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

#18 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:12 PM

View PostMrsFrootloops, on 07 October 2017 - 10:49 PM, said:

How did Kittafur get his name?

I was wondering the same.
My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

#19 Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 08:36 AM

Hi!  Hope you two are feeling better.

Kittafur has held many names.  It depends upon what is going on in his life.  Currently, I've been grooming him and cleaning up cat fur...=Kittyfur or Kittafur.  (he prefers Kittafur over Kittyfur..he thinks it sounds better)

KiKi or KittiKat was his past life when he was comtemplating the universe and staring at the nightsky.

He has a previous name, prior to Kittafur and KiKi but remembering it makes him feel bad so we don't talk about it.  Says he has nine lives and he'll answer to anything that begins with the letter K.  Because he likes the sound of it.
My Signature

#20 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:34 AM

View PostMenet, on 09 October 2017 - 08:36 AM, said:

Hi!  Hope you two are feeling better.

Kittafur has held many names.  It depends upon what is going on in his life.  Currently, I've been grooming him and cleaning up cat fur...=Kittyfur or Kittafur.  (he prefers Kittafur over Kittyfur..he thinks it sounds better)

KiKi or KittiKat was his past life when he was comtemplating the universe and staring at the nightsky.

He has a previous name, prior to Kittafur and KiKi but remembering it makes him feel bad so we don't talk about it.  Says he has nine lives and he'll answer to anything that begins with the letter K.  Because he likes the sound of it.

Aw... so sweet.
My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com