Compromising Your Values & Integrity

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Altersense

Altersense

Apport

• GS Member
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:It would be easier for me to list the things I am not interested in.
    100 degree weather
    Cats with attitude
    Romance Novels/Hallmark or Lifetime Channel
    That pretty much sums me up....everything else is on the table(:

Posted 23 January 2020 - 08:37 PM

The term reality tv is mostly misleading. I like your label, paradrama, lol. To answer in short, No amount of money could induce me to take part in misleading viewers. If I am requested to act, then lets do a fictional movie or series where the audience knows what they are tuning into. Just me though. I been told I take certain things too serious and also that I put way too much thought into things.

#22 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,424 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 23 January 2020 - 10:27 PM

View PostEVP, on 22 January 2020 - 07:40 PM, said:

I've watched 3 days of filming that turned into a 21 minute segment from a major network. When you first start out, individual creative control isn't in your favor. Your choices are to do it their way or not to do it at all. Once you become established, there may a small level of control in how the show is scripted. Unless you are a producer/director creative control isn't in your court.

Tom Selleck was recently quoted, the series Jesse Stone was his love child. He has a large hand in production and he directs this mini series now. The series means everything to him and he's determined to produce the best he can and take his time doing it. Prior to this, he said as an actor, he had little creative direction despite loving the series. Now he has that control he never had previously.

This topic was posted because of a film opportunity. I decided against my participation in the project. At my age, my integrity is all I have. Some of the compromises were against my values.

Thanks once again for everyone's participation. It helped shape my final decision. Money can't buy my dignity.

I had a feeling it was something like this that led to you asking the question. This is the right decision for you!
Posted Image

#23 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 24 January 2020 - 03:11 PM

Thanks Vlawde. I struggled a while on this. Having the reassurance of yourself and others made it easier to sleep with myself and looking in the mirror in the morning. I know if I chose differently, I'd see a different person in the reflection on awakening. I respect you and others who have been supportive in my tenure on PS.

Edited by EVP, 24 January 2020 - 09:17 PM.

Posted Image
Today while shopping, I put items back because it said, "Made In China".

#24 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 25 January 2020 - 12:07 PM

View PostAltersense, on 23 January 2020 - 08:37 PM, said:

The term reality tv is mostly misleading. I like your label, paradrama, lol. To answer in short, No amount of money could induce me to take part in misleading viewers. If I am requested to act, then lets do a fictional movie or series where the audience knows what they are tuning into. Just me though. I been told I take certain things too serious and also that I put way too much thought into things.

A coworker of mine about 15 years ago was in a reality TV show called welcome to the neighborhood.  Dont go looking for it, as it never made it past the ads / commercials to the date it was supposed premier.  The commercials alone started so much controversy that ABC canned it.

My friend Eric, whose house and yard was used for a lot of the filming said he will never watch anything that is labeled "reality" as it couldn't be farther from the truth.  He told me that he and his wife were paid very well / fairly for their house / back yard were used for filming and space for all of the shooting crew.  Eric said that even just the commercials gave him a sick feeling in his gut in how they edited the comments.
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#25 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,595 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 29 January 2020 - 05:24 PM

That is a great question EVP. Thought provoking to say the least - even though we've never met, I know you have the integrity that induces a 'go to credibility.' When you post a reply or present a topic - I ALWAYS get a feeling of genuine honesty with a humble graciousness that comes naturally and is a great gift. I could never see you compromising your ethics & I love that.  That's what you all bring to the table - the brutal truth, the right amount of skepticism with a side of optimism. An intriguing balance of each that makes it very comfortable (for myself at least) to openly answer these types of questions without hesitation. My answer by the way is no. Simply because this part of our world is so important to me and I do not want it altered just presented 'how it is.' You guys are the best - don't ever change.

M