#1 wolfsight

wolfsight

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 12:45 PM

Hey Folks

I am just curious if anybody has or does know someone who has been touched by a entity...Also what it did or does feel like.. I have yet to have a physical encounter with a spirit but i have caught some EVPs before...

How do you prepare yourself for something like that? Even afterwards so after you get touched or whatever you dont go into a state of shock or nervouness..?

thnx

dj

#2 Machiato

Machiato

Orb

• GS Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 01:51 PM

I've had my shoulder tapped.  I dont know about a state of nervousenss or shock, because I NATURALLY am a coward, so of course I freaked out when I discovered there was no one behind me.

But really I wasn't prepared at all.  I was playing FFXI (final fantasy 11 online) when it happened, and just happened to think it was my father at time, and turned to see what he wanted to discover that no one was behind me.

Edited for specification.   I was tapped three distinct times at that incident.  Like a person trying to get attention.  taptaptap

Edited by Machiato, 07 October 2007 - 01:52 PM.

#3 Judecat

Judecat

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 10:50 PM

Why would someone go into shock -- if you are that scared of ghosts then IMO you don't need to be hunting them.  

About 40 years ago when I was a teen,  my mother,  step father and I were at Gettysburg walking around the battle field -- I have to explain that mom was blind in her left eye-- and dad was walking on the right side of her just a few steps ahead,  where she could see him.   I was at that age where I didn't want to be seen with my parents,  but didn't want to wander off too far -- so I was walking about 10 feet  behind,  and slightly to the left.    All the sudden mom turned toward her blind side and was speaking to me,  and when I answered her from 10 feet away she calmly told me that someone was pulling her hair,  and then they put their hand her sholder -- she thought is was be being a brat.   So we walked a little farther and it happened again,  so she just politely told whoever it was that it was nice nice to sneak up on her blind side and try to scare her.

At another civil war battlefield when I was about 17 or 18 someone smacked me in the head -- my parents were not close enough to reach me,  and no one else was around.

Was touched on the arm in Germany one night when I got off the bus in the wrong town and was wandering around one night lost.

I get startled when I get touched,  but don't get really scared or go into shock.  Most of them are just people they just happen to be dead.

I've been touched a few other times,  but I think that becuase of the circumstances that was my relatives. Never been scared of them.

#4 Supernerd

Supernerd

Ghoul

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 205 posts
  • Interests:Cats, books, music, paranormal, art, swords, jokes, crochet, etc...etc... and all that jazz. ;-)

Posted 07 October 2007 - 10:52 PM

I've had my shoulder tapped also quite recently.  And I've felt a hand on top of my hand, even though I could see nothing there.
It felt warm, with a slight pressure. Felt just like the real thing.
Never play leapfrog with a Unicorn!

Haunted New Zealand
NZ Ghosts and Other Haunts

#5 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 06:40 AM

Oh gosh, I get touched all the time.  It really depends on how much energy the entity is putting into it.

The most common person who touches me is my father.  If he simply wants to let me know (physically) where he is, I'll get a cool breeze blow across my arm or my shoulder.  I have been patted and hugged and had my knee stroked... these all feel like they would if someone who just came in out of the cold and had icy cold hands did it.

I've had ghosts freeze me to death... in fact last week at an investigation it felt like I was being hugged around the knees by a block of ice.  I would assume he was touching me.

I've been running into "hot" ghosts lately... where they make me hot and where they feel hot to me.  Other people still experience them as cold spots... but they're distinctly HOT for me.  They've given me pokes and little pats and it's like someone with overly warm hands doing it.

I've also gotten quite a few "nasties" lately from angry ghosts.  There are three distinct kinds of "nasties" (at least so far for me):  the first is like putting your hands into a bowl of half-congealed jello (where it's really thick, gloppy yech); the second (this is really hard to describe unless you take Imitrex and have the particular side effect of feeling it cross the blood-brain barrier because that's EXACTLY what it feels like)... it's kind of a hot, rattling (you can hear a kind of gritty, bubbly "sssss" sort of like a rattlesnake heard through water), liquid, tingly feeling that also vaguely resembles half-congealed, warm jello running across your skin; the third is the shot ... it's kind of an electric charge along with a nasty "a goose just walked over my grave" shiver.

You can't really prepare yourself except to remind yourself that a ghost CAN NOT HURT YOU unless you let it!  The nasties are... well... nasty.  I tend to leap away from them when they happen (I gotta stop that... both because I look like a chicken and because it's just poor form).  Everything else is kind of startling when you're not expecting it but it's not a problem especially after it's happened to you a few times.  Fear is your greatest enemy when it comes to dealing with ghosts and otherworldly entities.  Control it no matter what.  If you cannot control your fear, remove yourself from the situation with tons of extra prayers of protection and making sure you ask your guides and whatever deity you believe in to not let anything follow you home.

Edited by Tantric Kitten, 08 October 2007 - 06:46 AM.

Posted Image

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#6 Guest_ellsbeth_*

Guest_ellsbeth_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:13 AM

I get the shoulder tap a lot, also the feeling like something is brushing against my ankle/leg.
I've had lots of cats that have passed, and wonder if they are just saying "hello".  I also get a frequent "tingle"
goose bumps on left side of head--but not sure if that is really paranormal.

#7 Ash_of_Erin

Ash_of_Erin

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 04:33 PM

I have been touched a few times. The one I remember the most is when I was pinched.....on my booty. No lie, I was laying in bed and whatever/whoever it was pinched me. I even had a little bruise.
Posted Image

#8 Sly-Spectre

Sly-Spectre

Larry

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, Drinking, Eating, Sleeping, Partying, Pool(Billiards to you Englishmen) and...Ghosts and Cryptozoology.<br /><br />I'm on Facebook look for Gerry Nix

Posted 09 October 2007 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE(Ash_of_Erin @ Oct 8 2007, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have been touched a few times. The one I remember the most is when I was pinched.....on my booty. No lie, I was laying in bed and whatever/whoever it was pinched me. I even had a little bruise.

A ghost with a little foreplay in mind  th_sarcastic_blum.gif ? that's a new one although I have heard of scratches and I even heard on a show of bite marks appearing on a cop who went into a haunted house after a child murder happened.

I myself had been slightly jerked by my hoodie at a party. when I was alone upstairs. I looked back to see a friend of mine barely making it to the top of the stairs, about ten feet down.
"Something weird is going on Jess." Simon whispered as they waited to be served. "I overheard Sara and Hector say something about 'getting back at you' in the library this morning."
Jessie thought for a moment, his face expressionless as usual.
"That's just crazy." he said. "I didn't think you even knew where the library was."

-Excerpt from my short story "Stabbed in the Front."

#9 Raffles

Raffles

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 07:29 AM

I was actually watching an episode of ghost hunters where they went to an armoury to investigate and it reminded me of something that happened to me when I was younger.

It happened in the same place as another story I posted but I clean forgot about it until recently.

Pevious occurrences

Well several years, maybe ten, after that all happened I was in the house alone one winter evening and had just got a sandwich from the kitchen. On the way back to the bedroom I heard a floorboard creak from one of the other rooms so I took a look to see if there was anyone about. I couldn't see anyone and I carefully checked all the rooms in turn. I returned to the bedroom and was walking around the bed to sit at the TV when I felt something brush my foot. This happened in the exact same corner all the stuff in my previous post happened in BTW. I couldn't see or hear anything around and even checked under the beds. Nothing. I just chalked it up to an overactive imagination and being alone in the house. Nothing really of note here you say but the weirdest bit is still to come!
About 45 mins or an hour after this I went and got some juice (note to Americans, here in Scotland all drinks except alcohol, hot drinks and milk are referred to as juice:). ). There wasn't any in the fridge. If I remember rightly that was why I was on my own as everyone else had gone food shopping. So I headed back through to the room. As soon as I entered the room I felt that it was really cold. I felt the same sensation on my right foot. I stopped dead and looked carefully around and couldn't see anything that could have caused it. I took a few steps forward until I was right in the corner of the room ( it was pretty small so the bed was squeezed tight in there and had to be walked around to get into the room properly). I heard the same creak as earlier from behind me and as I turned to see what it was something hit he back of my lower legs with so much force it knocked them right out from under me.
Whatever it was hit me so hard my legs went right up before my body had a chance to fall meaning that I came right down on my butt with my legs still up in the air. I hit the ground pretty hard and was in quite a bit of pain. After a couple of minutes I managed to crawl onto the bed and lie for a while until I was less winded. I lay there for about half an hour after this happened until my parents came back. I explained what happened but we couldn't figure out what caused it.

#10 serpentoffire

serpentoffire

EVP

• GS Member
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:Open source software, Kundalini, Chakras, Angels, Spirits and demons.

Posted 24 October 2007 - 11:59 AM

I and my wife had similar experiences into our house. We fell to be touched by something of invisible. I clearly felt a little hand with three fingers instead of five.

#11 karniee

karniee

EVP

• GS Member
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:I'm a homely kind of person who dotes on my son and husband. I have pondered all lifes many questions sometimes making my head explode at trying to find the answers to which I now realise I will never find....doh! I hate haggis but love blackpudding. Addicted to crochet and anything arts and crafty! Pretend to like the gym but know i'm in denial about the whole losing the jelly belly!! I love questions and people fasinate me. I like to people watch and get inside their minds to see how they tick!!

Posted 26 October 2007 - 08:44 AM

My husband had his nose pinched whilst he was dozing in bed! confused0068.gif To cut a long one short.....basically it was night and we were sleeping and my husband woke because our 3 yr old son had a little cough in his sleep whilst sleeping in his own room and once my husband was happy that our son hadn't woken up, he started to doze. Whislt dozing he clearly felt little hands pinching his nose. Thinking that it was the wee boy, he lifted his head up expecting to see our son standing by the bed but no one was there, so he got up to see if mabye he was hiding at the foot of the bed, but finding nothing, went to check in our sons room to find our son fast asleep! Needless to say he was a tad scared!!

#12 Therightone86

Therightone86

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:I am currently attempting to achieve my Bachelor's Degree, majoring in communications (Ha...and I don't mean spiritual).<br /><br />Although its only for my personal recreation, writing is a favorite hobby of mine.<br /><br />I tend to be an avid movie-goer and find a replenishment, of sorts, in film.<br /><br />Beyond that...traveling, hiking, mountain climbing, swimming, and boating. I also enjoy taking care of my fish!<br /><br />The supernatural/paranormal is a regular part of my life, ha, but I do enjoy learning more about it as well.

Posted 27 October 2007 - 01:51 PM

I once lived in a place where ghosts freely made themselves known.  Being poked and patted was more or less a daily part of life, followed by great rushes of wind that would make your hair blow wildly.  Right after each incident, the room would resort back to a calmness.  I won't say that it was something that any member of my family or even myself ever really got used to.  It was a new experience every time.  All in all, the touching felt natural.  There was nothing overly special or strange about it (other than the fact that nothing was there. Ha!)

I haven't had physical contact with a spirit in some time now, however my last experience with it was awful.  I had just lied down in my bed and thrown my covers over top of myself.  I was lying on my back and heard a noise at the end of my bed.  And just like in all of those horrible horror movies that we watch, something grabbed hold of me around both of my ankles and started pulling.  Naturally, I screamed. Ha!  My father, I remember, came screaming down the hall, "What's going on?"  And as he turned on the bedroom light, it was over as fast as it began.

So, in my experience, there was really no significant feeling towards my contact with my ghosts.  It felt real and whole.  They touched with the same strength as the living...not to mention pulled!

#13 Raffles

Raffles

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 05:44 PM

I got laid out by something in my home a few years ago. I actually wasn't scared as the physicallity of it was very unlike any sort of usual spooky stuff and it takes a bit longer to figure out what's going on. By that time you've calmed down and can look at it objectively.

#14 SilverCira

SilverCira

Apport

• GS Member
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, music, books, writing, board games, video games, sports, photography.

Posted 28 October 2007 - 09:56 AM

I was touched just the other night when I was getting on my computer. I had stepped in front of my chair and was starting to sit when I felt someone's hands on my shoulders. I glanced behind me to see who it was and no one was in the room.

I was frightened at all because it was more of a friendly touch, just like a friend putting their hands on my shoulders. It felt like the real thing.

I just shrugged and sat down because I knew there was no harmful intent.
Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.

#15 GreenManThing

GreenManThing

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 11:04 AM

I've had it happen many times. What is feels like and how you react to it can be different according to the situation. Once, I got poked in the right shoulder, from the back. I turned my head, and no one was there, and then I got poked in the left shoulder, as if it was a friend trying to be playful. I turned completely around, and no one was there. I was surprised for a moment, but then I laughed.

Another time, I was trying to get to sleep, but I couldn't because I was under extreme stress from financial and legal problems. I really needed a hug, and I got one. A ghost laid down behind me, and put her arm around me. It felt almost vague but, warm, and it was comforting. I soon went to sleep.

The worst time, I had an entity grab my wrist and it tried to pull me down some stairs. The "hand" felt very cold, and was very strong. I was frightened at first, and I held on to the door frame for dear life, until instinct kicked in, and then I got very angry. It let go after that.

Tantric Kitten: Hot ghosts are unusual, if an area you are in becomes hot (hot spots, as opposed to cold spots), be careful! a hot ghost is not necessarily the same as a hot spot, but it is still something to take note of. Warm can be OK, if it is a very strong friendly spirit. If you feel something is not quite right, then it probably isn't. Don't challenge these entities, respectfully leave the area just to be safe.

Edited by GreenManThing, 28 October 2007 - 11:20 AM.

Wizards first rule: "People are stupid: They believe what they want to be true, or what they fear is true." -- Terry Goodkind.

#16 JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Lil' D's Gramma

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,277 posts
  • Location:Over the Hill and Through the Woods...Really just Over the Hill
  • Interests:My grandson!!

Posted 28 October 2007 - 11:18 AM

The morning my son was born was the same morning his Great Grandfather passed. I always thought he was around my son in his first few months of life. One night, weeeeeeeee early morning hours I was feeding him. I was laying on my bed and was wearing an oversized tshirt that exposed most of my legs. Out of no where I felt the touch on my thigh like someone was leaning over me, placed their hand on my leg for support to see the baby. I jumped right out of my skin. There was no temperature to it but it felt like the size of a palm and a tingly sensation. Kinda like when your foot goes to sleep. Not sharp tingles, just a soft tingly feeling. As soon as I acknowledged to touch it lifted. Which was pretty immediately...lol. My very first thought was it was him. So I never really considered it to be anyone else.

In this house, I had what I think was a deceased pet jumping onto my bed. I looked to see who it was and none of my living pets where there. That was really neat but I had only wished I knew which one it was.

I can't recall other "real" touches although they can be easily missed. I have gotten sensations knowing something or someone was around. When my father in law was recently in a nursing care rehab facility I have gotten some indications we were walking along with people that had passed. I've been in cemeteries where I get goosebumps on my legs or arms or one and not the other indicating to me I'm not alone. Shortly after Johnny died ( our old moderator ) I was reading a PM he wrote to me and I was really tore up and I felt my hair stand up on my neck and had gotten goosebumps and a sort of tingle on my right side arm and neck. I think a couple of us have had a visit by him.

#17 GreenManThing

GreenManThing

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 11:28 AM

I've had the "no temperature" touch as well. The first couple of times it scared me, but only good ever came out of them. When it happens now I'm not afraid, I just pay close attention, to see what he/she wants or is trying to tell me. In the incident I mentioned above, with the hug, was similar, but there was a slight warmth. But maybe that was only in a conveyed feeling, rather than an actual temperature. I don't know for sure.
Wizards first rule: "People are stupid: They believe what they want to be true, or what they fear is true." -- Terry Goodkind.

#18 Clarebear

Clarebear

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 11:36 AM

Yes I have been touched  few times,

Last summer,  I was kneeing on the lawn doing a bit of gardening and all of a sudden I might like I was being punched in my back and I actually thought it was my labrador punching me with her nose for attention (her habit) but she was inside with my mum by the door and saw me turning round to tell her off
lol

also I have been tapped on my head.

#19 Una

Una

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 07:20 PM

In my experience different touches make me feel different ways.  A couple weeks back someone grabbed my left knee as I slept.  The pressure was enough to wake me up and really startle me cause I was alone in the room.  I had never felt a touch that was so strong so I was a caught a little off gaurd.  I was caught even more off gaurd when I saw a shadowy figure get up from where it was sitting on my bed and leave the room.  Needless to say I was ill prepared for that particular experience and had difficulty falling back asleep.

Many times while laying in my room awake I have felt someone stroking my cheek.  This one leaves me not knowing how to feel.  To stroke someones cheek in real life is such a personal thing that a loved one would do and since I did not know who was stroking my cheek it was very strange to me.

Also just last night while I was watching TV someone was tapping on my head.  I laughed.  I thought it was tremendously funny for some reason.  I had feelings of it just being very playful and I wish I could have tapped or tickled back.  It was very much like a small child just being silly and I thought that was great.

So different touches.....different feelings.  There is no way to really prepare yourself though.  I have been touched many times in my life.  It is a little frightening the first time you are alone in a dark place and are touched, but if you can be rational and get past the initial fear future encounters can actually be very interesting.  If you notice you are touched try your hardest to resist the urge to run away (unless of course if you get a really bad fealing or are hurt).  Try to stay and in time it just becomes part of day to day life and when the ghosts aren't around bothering you you'll start to feel lonely.  It's really funny how that happens.

#20 Mia Camille

Mia Camille

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 06:59 AM

i have been touched on my cheek i felt the cold, it didn't scare me at all i just thought that i was my mom or dad coming to kiss me goodnight since i had just lied down in my bed...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users