• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,470 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 16 September 2017 - 08:17 AM

Microsoft recently sent out a new Windows 10 update that seems to be slowing down PC's everywhere.  Mine was also affected by the start-up becoming very slow to the point where I could not even put in my password to sign in to my laptop.  The problem is, a setting was triggered to where apps are getting ready in the background as you are signing in, and this slows down start-up.

I found this fix online, and it definitely worked.  If you have Windows 10 and notice a slow start-up, try it out...

***Note***  The article states that only HP computers are being affected, but this fix should work on all Windows 10 PC's.

https://mspoweruser....-heres-the-fix/

Please let me know if this works.  They are saying it's only a temporary fix.  Also, after being on my laptop for two hours after I tried this, my computer is noticeably faster.
Posted Image

#2 The_Dead_Shall_Rise_Again

The_Dead_Shall_Rise_Again

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 08:45 AM

From reading around about it,its only seems to be an issue with those with HP's.

#3 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,470 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 16 September 2017 - 08:53 AM

Yep, just like I said.  But it might work for other PC's if they are experiencing the same problem.
Posted Image

#4 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 11:00 AM

Thank you, NightWalker!!!

Using technology can bring me down to my base human level.  If you were to see me, I would be really scary looking and resort to the same level of language use. There's always a heavy sprinkling of F words.

Windows led me to believe that I had to download 10.  I had an HP computer but didn't know that there was a threat to the download.   It never started up again after the download.  Some of what happened I'm convinced was my own doing.

Everything taken into account, I switched sides and bought a new computer.   I'm really happy with it.   I am not familiar with the operating program at all but they give free classes and that is always "A+" with me.  And I have plenty of time to learn it.  Free time.

Thanks again, NightWalker!

Windows, I salute you with a singe digit.

#5 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,373 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:18 PM

The only problem I've had on my Toshiba with this update is that after I logged in, it was loading my personal settings, and it locked up on me, I had to go to the task manager and fiddle with it there. After it finally loaded and stuff, I haven't had any more problems.
Posted Image

#6 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,470 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 06:13 AM

View PostMenet, on 16 September 2017 - 11:00 AM, said:

Thank you, NightWalker!!!

Using technology can bring me down to my base human level.  If you were to see me, I would be really scary looking and resort to the same level of language use. There's always a heavy sprinkling of F words.

Windows led me to believe that I had to download 10.  I had an HP computer but didn't know that there was a threat to the download.   It never started up again after the download.  Some of what happened I'm convinced was my own doing.

Everything taken into account, I switched sides and bought a new computer.   I'm really happy with it.   I am not familiar with the operating program at all but they give free classes and that is always "A+" with me.  And I have plenty of time to learn it.  Free time.

Thanks again, NightWalker!

Windows, I salute you with a singe digit.

Sorry to hear you had to buy a new computer, Menet.  Yeah, these updates are supposed to be a little better than what they are put out to be,  These guys who develop Windows updates have to have a hefty income, but we can't get an update that doesn't crash our computer.  I hope your new one works out!  :)

View PostMrsFrootloops, on 16 September 2017 - 03:18 PM, said:

The only problem I've had on my Toshiba with this update is that after I logged in, it was loading my personal settings, and it locked up on me, I had to go to the task manager and fiddle with it there. After it finally loaded and stuff, I haven't had any more problems.

Ah, good to hear!  Are you running Windows 10 also?  Just wondering.
Posted Image