111 replies to this topic

#101 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,824 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 02:59 AM

My friend took this picture, it is of a cane field fire. They now process most of the cane green but there are still some that burn it off.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#102 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 09 August 2018 - 04:50 AM

I have seen shows about cane fields when they harvest.  I thought it was pretty smart to burn the fields first to kill off all the snakes and rodents that could injure the farmers.  I've never seen one in person before.
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#103 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,824 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 05:37 AM

I am sure it was a sight in its day; they used to do it before they had cane harvesters. It is said they get a greater yield from the green cane than a burnt one. I know we still get a lot of the ash (black snow) so I can't imagine how it was back in the day!
Posted Image

#104 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,452 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 11 August 2018 - 05:04 PM

Cool pic. :good:

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#105 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,824 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 07:41 PM

Thanks MacC
Posted Image

#106 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,824 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 07:14 PM

A strange thing happened yesterday at work (Hospital).

I have the Tasker app, and on the app, I have a program that will call out "Boo" if the EMF alerts it to. A bit like the ghost radar apps.

It doesn't go off very often but it went off twice yesterday while I entered the same corridor to enter and leave work. It made me smile and glad no one else was in the corridor, the sound made me startle with surprise at the time.
Posted Image

#107 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,452 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 19 August 2018 - 11:40 AM

If there had been others near it would've been fun seeing them jump at the sound. :lol:

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#108 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,824 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 06:56 PM

View PostMacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 19 August 2018 - 11:40 AM, said:

If there had been others near it would've been fun seeing them jump at the sound. :lol:

LOL yes it would :rofl:  I used to use "hey" but that came out in a seductive voice for some perverse reason :fright: so I change it to :Boo: and it is a drawn-out monotone sound  "BOOOOOO".
Posted Image

#109 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 03:10 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 17 August 2018 - 07:14 PM, said:

A strange thing happened yesterday at work (Hospital).

I have the Tasker app, and on the app, I have a program that will call out "Boo" if the EMF alerts it to. A bit like the ghost radar apps.

It doesn't go off very often but it went off twice yesterday while I entered the same corridor to enter and leave work. It made me smile and glad no one else was in the corridor, the sound made me startle with surprise at the time.

Very cool! :good:

Didja turn on your recording app and do an impromptu EVP session? :show:

That's what  I thought :headlbash:

Oh and be sure and git a good EMF app so you can sweep the area for odd EMF readings :yes:

Also are there any MRI or similar machines nearby? CT scanners can also generate high EMF even though they are basically 3D X-ray machines.

Hmmm a sexy "hey" you say Posted Image ... I think I might need to revisit that voice notification idea :yes:

K so isn't it just the coolest DIY app :evil: The closest I ever get to a "personal" paranormal eXperience is when mine goes off in a "haunted" restaurant or hotel. IF/when you get the range dialed in it really is freaky when it goes off and THEN you check and verify there is no obvious cause :bunny:
- siguie -

#110 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,824 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 04:28 AM

No CT or MRI siguie!

One side of the corridor we have clean linen storage and an inside courtyard area for staff to have lunch.  The other side is where the hospital tea room is so there would be electric water urn, toaster and microwaves and a printer in another area,  at the top is executive services.  

Lol, no I didn't do any EVP session. I was in a hurry! A-and I didn't hear anything at the time myself other than the 'Boo'

Yep 'Hey' very breathy :there there: LOL I think you should check it out :rofl:  

EMF app! :confused: my phone keeps saying I need to free up space :headlbash:
Posted Image

#111 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 04:28 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 22 August 2018 - 04:28 AM, said:

EMF app! :confused: my phone keeps saying I need to free up space :headlbash:

Your pHone is right Posted Image

First you need to UnLock it THEN root the carp out of the little bugger :yes:

Once your pHone is rooted install SuperUser and  TWRP and delete all of your phones BloatWare ... you will have plenty of space then. Srsly between the manufacturers added programs and horror code added by your pHones serveless provider iffen you was silly enough to get your pHone from them there is LOTSA carp that needs deleting :yes:

After that install a nice custom mod ... srsly even if you are not into hacking your phone, tweaking the cpu or any of the high level geek activities, the main reason muggles root their phones is to get a nice custom mod :yes: Oh and if your pHone is a few years old there's probably an automated process to do it so no thinking required :no:
- siguie -

#112 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,824 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 10:38 PM

My visit for today, these experience usually, for what every reason, happen the day of getting them. This time I hope not!

This man popped his head into the doorway and said "You know that dog that was tired up? Well, he's dead"! So glad our dogs are all female :fright:

Posted Image  Let's hope it is a warning :hug:
Posted Image