12 replies to this topic

#1 CorisCapnSkip

CorisCapnSkip

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 10:20 PM

You couldn't be any further off than some of the many attempts here.

http://americasunknownchild.net/default.htm

#2 JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Lil' D's Gramma

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,277 posts
  • Location:Over the Hill and Through the Woods...Really just Over the Hill
  • Interests:My grandson!!

Posted 09 February 2008 - 10:14 AM

These are sad cases to me. I've seen this story on him. My wildhair guess is his name is Eric and his parents are involved in beating him which he died from. Mom didn't like it but is involved in abuse from the dad or maybe even dead now by the father. He could already be incarcerated for another crime and has never confessed to this one.

Now maybe a REAL psychic could let me know how far off I really am! LOL!!!

#3 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2008 - 12:12 PM

If I would have known it was the boy in the box case, I would have never clicked on the link! This case has always disturbed me! Poor angel, never really got the chance to live.

I did find it encouraging that the showed another solved unknown case on the site. I always like the closure of those.

#4 CorisCapnSkip

CorisCapnSkip

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 10:36 PM

On this site I found links to other unsolved crimes but no solved ones.

#5 Linduriel

Linduriel

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 180 posts
  • Interests:My husband, loud music, reality shows, So You Think You Can Dance!!!, fantasy novels (just finished A Feast for Crows by George R.R. Martin), gross movies, Norse mythology, babies, and my cats...

Posted 10 February 2008 - 01:50 AM

So sad...

#6 bubba

bubba

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE(CorisCapnSkip @ Feb 6 2008, 06:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You couldn't be any further off than some of the many attempts here.

http://americasunknownchild.net/default.htm

Have you read the case files?  As there is similarities in the Ohio informant, and the Unidentified motorists story, apart from him seeing a boy with the woman when it was a girl, but he might not have seen properly, but the stories are so similar I think the Motorist may have seen something there.

#7 CorisCapnSkip

CorisCapnSkip

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:03 AM

It sounded more to me like the woman claiming to have been there as a child heard that part of the story and placed herself in it, as her claims didn't check out.

#8 Noid

Noid

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:Photography, painting, research, genetics, artificial intellegence programming

Posted 18 February 2008 - 07:54 AM

I've read about this case before.   I think whoever the killer was felt bad for killing the boy.  When I read the summary, it said that the boy had evidence of illness, and surgical scars.  Perhaps a parent or care taker felt bad. The case report said that his hair had been recently cut and his nails recently trimmed, and that he was clean.  

To me it sounds as if someone had gotten fed up with him, perhaps from having to care for him.  Perhaps they even neglected him, and cleaned him up just so it wouldn't look bad if the body was found.  
This may have even been a chronically ill foster child.  The One of his foster parents could have accidentally killed him, then put him in a box, and told the state that he ran away.  Perhaps they were even due a state visit near the time of the boys death..and he was cleaned up for the visit and the child threatened to tell on them for mis-treating him.  

It would explain why no one claimed him.

#9 BAD_BUTTERFLY

BAD_BUTTERFLY

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 281 posts
  • Interests:please pm me if you want any information psychic wise.

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:04 AM

My guess would be someone who didn't draw any attention.  If the boy was sick I am sure he didn't spend much time outside. If that is the case neighbors may have never known there was even a child in the residence.  So when the boy in the box showed up they didn't miss anyone.  As far as him being cleaned up it could have had to do with the person not wanting to be connected to them.  Some serial killers clean up there victims.  They may have been just trying to get rid of the "dirtyness" of the situation.  I didn't click the link as I have read it before.  I don't remember when it took place. But if it was someone in law enforcement.  They may have known of advancements trying to be made in science.  Cleaning the boy and clipping his nails would rid him of evidence.  There is a site that has alot of unsolved and solved crimes.  As well as some family memebers of the missing that are part of the message board.  I won't link to the site, but I will put it's name here.

websleuths.com

#10 shonalynn

shonalynn

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts
  • Interests:Nachos, beer, football.

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:47 PM

I have never seen this case before. It brought tears to my eyes. How people can do things like this to children just.......GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. angry2.gif  cwy.gif
I'm on Facebook!

#11 Beatlefish

Beatlefish

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:ghosts, music, tv, reading ghost stories, conspiracy theories, real life mysteries.

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:35 PM

Ok here goes  Johnny/Tommy wasn't from the area he was found (Pennsylvania)  he was from maybe  New York /New Jersey ,area maybe taken/wandered away from an orphanage perhaps and the heartless  people from there never bothered to look (if they noticed he was gone) because it was just one more kid (sad I know but this situation is sad)    Nebraska also comes to mind, something about a farm.  He was told to do something and didn't  do it correctly ,maybe because he couldn't understand things very well,so he was then beaten by someone who was trying to teach him how to "learn"  and they got carried away and realized he was dead then buried him in a box.  I shudder why he was nude.

Oh if I have wierd dreams tonight .....guess I'll know why.  cwy.gif

#12 Beatlefish

Beatlefish

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:ghosts, music, tv, reading ghost stories, conspiracy theories, real life mysteries.

Posted 26 February 2008 - 11:00 PM

Just went and read some more about the case anyone think the cap is a major clue.

A man's cap, of royal blue corduroy with a leather strap and buckle in the back. It was size seven and one-eighth, and contained tissue paper placed there by the manufacturer to maintain its shape. The cap was found about 17 feet from the thicket where the boy's body was discovered. A pathway through the underbrush led directly from the cap to the cardboard carton. The cap was sent to the FBI lab for analysis, but nothing of significance was found. Through the cap's label, detectives learned it was made by the Robbins Bald Eagle Hat & Cap Co., 2603 S. 7th St., Philadelphia. Police interviewed Mrs. Hannah Robbins, owner of the firm, who said the cap was one of 12 made from corduroy remnants some time before May, 1956. She told detectives the cap was made without a strap, but the man she sold it to just a few months earlier asked her to sew a strap on it. She said the man resembled the photograph of the dead child on a police circular. Mrs. Robbins told detectives the man was alone, wore working clothes, did not speak with a foreign accent, and had blond hair. He appeared to be in his late twenties.

#13 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,547 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:22 AM

remember this was in the late 50s early 60s...
The foster care system wasn't set up until well into the 70s... so in the period this boy was found, he would more likely have been a) cared for at home b ) cared for by relatives, or c) in an orphanage.

The severity of his injuries scream "step parent"or "parent's S.O." who was unrelated to the child.  Possibly frustrated by a sickly child interfering with their relationship with the bio-parent of the boy.  Perhaps he was just "in the way".  Neighbors didn't report a missing kid, as I suspect the family just picked up and moved.  (It would also remove suspicion of a big box leaving the house.) They may also have moved often, if they thought neighbors might notice a neglected child or spousal abuse.

It may also be that the bio-parent, while not the killer, is the one who cleaned up and hid the body, so as not to get the cops involved... and avoid infuriating an abusive spouse.  Cleaned him up out of respect for their dead child, but hiding the body so as to protect an abusive head of the family.

Edited by trin, 27 February 2008 - 08:25 AM.