8 replies to this topic

#1 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:02 AM

Last night someone on my street was shot and died.  I don't know the nature of the shooting (gun went off accidentally, murder or suicide) and I'm not entirely sure which person it was.

What happened is around 8:15 yesterday evening my husband and I heard a gunshot through the open window while we were in the bedroom talking.  We commented on it... that we hear gunshots fairly commonly from down the street and are they actually shooting a gun off or is it some sort of backfire or fireworks, etc. and whatever it is, it's annoying.  About twenty minutes later I heard the fire station (about two blocks away) activate and what sounded like all the engines go out on a run.  Again, totally normal and nothing concerning at all.  About twenty minutes after that I went outside to make a phone call and have a ciggy and noticed what looked like the reflection of a squad car lightbar on the truck so I walked up into the front yard (around the garage) and there were about 10 police cruisers, an ambulance and a truck that looked suspiciously like the county coroner's vehicle (the coroner's office has a fleet of black Suburbans and black Suburbans are rare around here).  While I was on my phone call, a hearse drove by headed for the commotion.

So... someone in my quiet, close-knit neighborhood died last night.  Please pray for them that they've made a speedy crossing and please pray for their family in the aftermath (there's one single person on the street and she lives next door to me the other direction... so this person absolutely had a family or was someone's teenage child).  I'll let y'all know if I find anything more out.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#2 BAD_BUTTERFLY

BAD_BUTTERFLY

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 281 posts
  • Interests:please pm me if you want any information psychic wise.

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:24 AM

Prayers are with you.  If you find out any new info let us know.  Hopefully it was a family dispute or something and not just some random killing!

#3 ChildOfTheNight

ChildOfTheNight

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Interests:Japan, horses, goth, swords, paganism, wicca, witchcraft, spirituality, ghosts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:50 AM

sad.gif How terrible. I wish everyone strength during this sad time.
Come away oh human child
To the waters and the wild
With a fairy hand in hand
For the world's more full of weeping
Than you can understand
~WB Yeats

#4 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,547 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:53 AM

OMG! how terrible!  condolences to the whole neighborhood & the family.

#5 HARVEY

HARVEY

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Interests:Wine and Chocolate

Posted 12 May 2008 - 09:38 AM

Thats awfull, you must be really shook up this happening so close to home. Sending prayers  +((((hugs))))

#6 Irish Mutt

Irish Mutt

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 140 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, History, and seeking understanding

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:50 PM

Hello Tantric Kitten,

We will say prayers for the victim as well as their family.    J

Thanks to SilentWalker for the great sig

#7 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:32 AM

I found out yesterday that it was who I suspected and it was, indeed, a suicide.

I don't know these people at all but my heart is breaking for his widow and any children he's left behind.  I'm thinking very hard about leaving a basket of baked goods and a sympathy card on her front doorstep.

Please continue to pray for this broken family and for the individual.  A lot of us have dealt with the suicide of one close to us and we know all too well that the wound never entirely heals.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#8 Ubriaca

Ubriaca

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:paranormal, reading, writing, fashion, design

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:05 AM

That's really sad. I am sorry to hear that.
I would definitely take her something, or make her a dinner so she doesn't have to cook and take it over to her.
Our neighbors used to do that, and it was so nice.

It makes you stop for a minute when you think you can be here one minute and gone the next.

Was this the same neighbors that you would hear loud sounds from before?
Follow Me On Twitter: @ChandraMischief

#9 Weston

Weston

Apport

• GS Member
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 12:01 PM

Wow! I can't imagine how you felt at the exact moment when you heard the gun shots! It's too bad that in our reality crime, murder, and death are just a part of this world. There must of been some tensions between the victim, and his family. If you find out anything else tantric kitten can you reply back to this message? It's really too bad when people give into their suicidal thoughts and let them take control. Some people keep their mouth closed, and don't speak about what is tormenting them. I can relate to this for I've thought about doing once a long time ago, but now I got my head straight so thank god I didn't do it.

Edited by Weston, 14 May 2008 - 08:44 PM.