Hoppy Easter Everyone

New Security Guards...same Old Feelings

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• 1,083 posts
  • Interests:avoiding dumb people...you know, those that believe anything they are told....or found on the net.

Posted 11 March 2021 - 05:40 AM

We had a lot of turnover with the security guards here at work recently.  I've met several of the new ones and chat with them like i do all of them over the years.  @ new guards were in doing training for the front desk in our building with one of our seasoned guards.  She introduced me to the 2 new ones and I had to ask if the have done the training for doing rounds  through all the floors of all the buildings every 4 hours.  They both had done it and I asked if they felt creeped out or uneasy with any building or certain floors within.  The responses never change.  They both were quick to say the 3rd and 4th floor of the building I work in and all of the main corporate building.  I asked for any specifics they could tell me and they said it was like they were being followed or watched.

The veteran security guard then proceeds to tell them about badge readers activating in the middle of the night with no one there in the security cameras.  Elevator activity alerts (button pushed) during the night with no one in the building.  The look on the new guards was priceless.  I had to mention that no one has seen anything paranormal in person or on camera.  And, that electronics can and do malfunction
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#2 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • 1,839 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 12 March 2021 - 12:53 PM

I'm not saying your workplace is void of activity but if I'm not mistaken you're employed by AMD and I suspect if it's a chip manufacturing process along with other high end robotic electronic manufacturing, you have your share of EMF fields that could affect the alleged "creep factor". It's surprising how much EMF poisoning takes place even on a low level considering work stations, network hubs, security surveillance and such.

I've mentioned this before, but many years ago, an alleged haunted hotel we investigated held large sources of EMF in their emergency evacuation lighting stations and many reports including one of our sensitive investigators were affected by the creep factor passing through the hallways. In my opinion, EMF is an invisible intruder and without proper shielding can have it's mark on people.

Micheal Persinger, a Laurentian university professor, studied the effects of low level EMF for almost a decade and under the right conditions, his testing created among his subjects, ethereal god like sensations, visions of ghosts/apparitions and most commonly a "creep factor" as if something was watching them.

Something as simple as an un-shielded alarm clock can create nightmares/ghostly presence for those sleeping who are unfortunately too close to the source of the EMF. Simply by moving the electrical device away reduced from the occupant stopped or reduced these unworldly visitation.

The only way of telling whether your workplace is a hotbed for high levels of EMF would be to walk-through with the appropriate equipment. I started out with an inexpensive cell sensor but with a little education, I decided a more appropriate EMF detector was required. I settled with a Tri-Field Natural for magnetic and DC fields and a Lutron 822 for electrical. I'm sure there are better choices to monitor with but that's all I could afford.

I can't emphasize enough, monitoring EMF fields are meant to point to mundane explanations. I've shared one experience before with the Tri-Field but for over a decade, I have included EMF monitoring periodically throughout an investigation as part of the routine.

Hope this is of help Lou. Thanks for sharing your story sir!

Edited by EVP, 12 March 2021 - 02:28 PM.

Posted Image

#3 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• 1,083 posts
  • Interests:avoiding dumb people...you know, those that believe anything they are told....or found on the net.

Posted 15 March 2021 - 04:29 AM

You make a great point EVP.  Our main corporate building is all cubicles & offices.  No test equipment or any type of development is done there.  The building I work in has development labs on the first 2 floors.  The top 2 floors are cubes and meeting rooms..  As far as our development labs go. it is a whole bunch of lab benches with computer motherboards on them.  They are production types like you can buy in a store and internally designed boards to test our new chips.  No large scale silicon build process equipment at all.  This does not mean that there is not any EMF present.

Thanks for your input
Life is short, enjoy it!

#4 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 15 March 2021 - 01:09 PM

@Louczar I hear you are running around with 2 phones now, how about putting an EMF app on one of them and then doing a walk thru of the various floors?

I of course recommend Tasker for android {$3.50}. It does TONS of things but the scanner  in the sensor area shows the realtime magnitudes of the 3 axis {6 parts + and - } compass module AND it's so trivial to program even that nutty ozzy ghurl managed to do it :yes: Hey Klainey :D

The free apps also work but have smoothing algorithms applied, which is fine for a walk thru but you will miss spikes.

Yes, I know what you are thinking and sure ideally a tri-field or other dedicated EMF sensor would be good but walking around looking at your phone wont make people think you are crazy ... unless they already know of course :bunny:
- siguie -

#5 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,287 posts

Posted 15 March 2021 - 10:09 PM

Posted Image siguie I sure do ;)
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#6 Little Rhody

Little Rhody

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Snowboarding, surfing, paranormal

Posted 16 March 2021 - 02:54 AM

At the Harborside Hotel on Block Island (have posted about this before), the televisions go on an off...

#7 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• 1,083 posts

Posted 16 March 2021 - 04:38 AM

View Postsiguie, on 15 March 2021 - 01:09 PM, said:

Yes, I know what you are thinking and sure ideally a tri-field or other dedicated EMF sensor would be good but walking around looking at your phone wont make people think you are crazy ... unless they already know of course :bunny:

With the covid stuff still going on, 90%+ of all the employees here are all WFH.  The top 2 floors in my building are like a (pun intended) ghost town.  The main corporate building is for sales, marketing and all our execs.  I am not allowed in that building unless i have a request to be there...so no chance of doing a walk through there.

I think I will buy the app and install it on my own phone and walk around upstairs when I first get in...around 6am.  no one to look at me funny that early.  They already know I am crazy and dont give me seconds looks any more  XD
Life is short, enjoy it!

#8 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 16 March 2021 - 11:52 AM

IF the app you are referring to is Tasker then COOL! :carrot:  

I use it for dozens of things but best of all unlike other EMF apps Tasker takes no significant power so it can run constantly in the background. Which is why I generally run 2 emf Tasker scripts 1 is just a notification of a high emf field and the second is a voice call out when there is something HUGE like walking by an NMR machine or perchance thru a ghost :ghost:

Also Klainey is now a self proclaimed eXpert so I cannot wait to see how she helps you :bunny:
- siguie -

#9 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,287 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 02:00 AM

I will help by directing all and any questions to you Siguie ;)
Posted Image

#10 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• 1,083 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 04:01 AM

Tasker installed.  I browsed through some of the menus, but didn't see anything relating to EMF.  Will someone please point me in the right direction.  crazy busy at work and dont have time to mess with it
Life is short, enjoy it!

#11 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 01:53 PM

View PostLouczarGStudy, on 17 March 2021 - 04:01 AM, said:

Tasker installed.  I browsed through some of the menus, but didn't see anything relating to EMF.  Will someone please point me in the right direction.  crazy busy at work and dont have time to mess with it

Well normally I would point out that if Klainey can do it anyone can do it :yes: but yeah there are a bazillion choices and it takes some time to work through them SO in the interest of time. The trigger is going to be EMF so on your trigger list choose State then Sensor then Magnetic Field.

This is going to be a bit of code that runs automagically on your phone in the background. If you are not big on programming just remember Klainey did it so obviously it cannot be that hard.

The first thing is a trigger and in this case we want it to be a magnetic field change, when that trigger is pulled {aka the magnetic field is greater than the limit we put on it} you want the phone to perform an Action which can be anything but a popup notification is easy.

I wrote a little blurb here on the forum Using Cellphone Sensors For Ghost Hunting which is the overview and the DIY step by step is on a website I made Tasker EMF Alert Notifier ... the images are from my old phone and back when Tasker was only $3 but the steps are the same the only difference is there are more options now :yes:

Here are some non-ghost Tasker sample "Profiles" which might be useful Top 30+ Best Tasker Profiles 2021 (Automate Everything)

These are all very simple and quick bits of code BUT you can get really really elaborate especially if you root your devices. Tasker is the best $3 I ever spent on an app :bunny:
- siguie -

#12 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,287 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 02:21 AM

Here you go Lou  LOL just follow these simple instructions, if you need anymore advice just let me know ;) ......oh and turn your phone off and back on I find that works wonders if my phone or computer freezes :D

https://psifly.com/s...:0-EMF_notifier :headlbash: oh he beat me to it :rofl:
Posted Image

#13 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• 1,083 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 05:25 AM

Got it all set up....Thanks!  Got my first alert in the lobby a few min ago.  I'll roam the upper floors tomorrow morning
Life is short, enjoy it!

#14 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 02:20 PM

LouczarGStudy, on 18 March 2021 - 05:25 AM, said:

Got it all set up....Thanks!  Got my first alert in the lobby a few min ago.  I'll roam the upper floors tomorrow morning

Cool :good:

It usually takes me a day or so to tweak the min and max levels to where putting the phone down or near common things wont set it off. Inductive phone chargers will ALWAYS set it off though :yes:

Other than that have fun with it I've setup 3 or 4 different levelz and set each notification to a different tone which is a neat way of getting the magnitude of an area without having to look at your phone :yes: Though for really HUGE spikes I like the voice telling me there's a ghost and the mag field level ... that's the %MFIELD variable :evil:

Let us know how it goes and any cool tweaks you try  :pop:

Edited by siguie, 18 March 2021 - 02:22 PM.

- siguie -

#15 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• 1,083 posts

Posted 19 March 2021 - 03:44 AM

I did a little bit of a walk around yesterday before I left.  The range I selected is 51 to 87 as my work area had a reading range of low 60's to low 70's.  I had a couple minor spikes happen at work.  They were just barely outside of my range.

I went home early to go to my neighbors wedding.  When I got home, I sat in my recliner for a few minutes to chat with my wife before getting ready.  My phone had given me an alert when I sat down.  I opened it up and started scanning.  I was reading in the low 500 range.  I thought that was a pretty high reading considering what it read at work.  I didn't really have time to mess with it and thought there must be something messing with it.  I got ready and went to the wedding.

I remembered to check again when I got home last night.  Sitting in my same recliner when I stared a scan again.  it was reading in the lower 60 range.  I moved the phone around to see if I could get the same high reading.  Moving the phone closer to the wall light switch got the reading to the low 70's.  It never went above that in my chair again last night.  My wife and I both only use cable chargers for our phones on the table between our recliners.

I honestly thought it was a malfunction.  Every time I scan before and after that seem to be within or right close to the levels I set.  Even the server farm room at work will dip down to the high 30's - low 40's...and I had expected it to be more extreme.

I am not going to make any assumptions given my lack of experience with this scanner.  What did I experience while in my recliner when I got home from work?  What is y'alls experience in abnormal readings.  have you ever had a reading as high as the low 500's?

The verticle "I" beams that are running through the building at work will peak at the 100 -120 range on all the floors.  Strange that it reads that high by them..but only the ones that are NOT at the exterior walls.

Edited by LouczarGStudy, 19 March 2021 - 06:02 AM.

Life is short, enjoy it!

#16 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 19 March 2021 - 12:21 PM

Sweet! :good:

I would say give it a few days and tweak as needed. There are a few things that can set it off unexpectedly that are normal and tend to be different for every phone. Things that generate high CPU usage or increase battery discharge rate "can" cause those blips and for a lot of it you can alter the max min so your phone is in a sweet spot.

That said there are also a couple of scenarios where phone emf detectors are less than ideal :shocked:  ... I noes I was surprised too. The obvious one, like you discovered are places with a lot of metal BUT unless you have the phone really really close it's not doing the compass metal detector thang odds are reasonable that your place is generating a lot of RF and the metal is absorbing it without directly or atleast not quickly grounding it. Another option is just a lot of static on the metal ... it's kind of hard to explain but there are some objects that act like a Leyden jar {old school capacitor}  and for whatever reason my phone will pick them up, especially when they discharge.

Speaking of discharge electrostatics can set it off especially on cold cold dry days when you spark. That said on my phone that's one of the things I set the range on to avoid.

Something you may want to look at when you are checking the sofa, it's "possible" that the springs or  whatever metal is in the thing are blocking the signal with the nearest tower. This can cause your phone to boost it's signal which may set off the alarm via the battery discharge option.

That said for the most part tweaking the max/min range can minimize the majority of false positives :yes:

Unfortunately the first thing to keep in mind is that a fluctuating EMF is not proof of anything paranormal but that said ... yeah when you wander around and it goes off it's freaky when you cannot pin down a source. It's even more freaky when it happens periodically in the same area but not quite the same place. Even freakier is when your phone is on your desk and goes off with a huge EMF change :shocked:

There are also a couple of roads where my phone frequently goes off and there's no power out there so I like to think I have a :ghost:  hitchhiker :yes:

Also your units are probably micro Tesla but it can vary on different phones the EMF pic I posted on the website was actually from a place at work called the crypt ... ok I'm the only one who calls it that it's just a lower level storage area that had no reason for having such a huge spike ...

Posted Image

... 1046μT :dance:

Sadly no one died down there or anything so it's just a cool anomaly.

I know this isn't "proof" of anything by itself BUT I think every ghost hunter should have this running on their phone when they are on an investigation :yes:

Oh and one situation I have not figured out ... back in the days when people went to movies ... there's one large group of theatres that has a large restroom lined with mirrors and for whatever reason my phone ALWAYS goes off in there and it's the highest level which for me is when my phone tells me there might be a ghost +EMF reading. It's not a CPU thang 'cuz I rooted my phone and control that, I thought it might be a huge amount of metal but the EMF should just be high and instead it's just bouncing all around. Also with all of the plumbing I'd expect the grounding to be pretty good. The point is there are some situations that are just high for reasons I don't understand :whistling:

Personally I'm leaning towards mirrors are gateways to EMF hell :bunny:
- siguie -

#17 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• 1,083 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 04:11 AM

That is exactly the type of feedback i was looking for!!!  I did make more rounds on the top 2 floors at work and found nothing worth noting.  Other than I see the scanning range fluctuate as low as the 20's and as high as very low 100's.  This seems to be a good "normal" range for the building at work.

lets talk about my house.  I got home yesterday with take out.  After I ate, i got my phone out and started scanning.  I was reading in the 320 range in the same spot as I saw the low 500's.  I moved the phone around from hand to hand to see how much the field stretched.  It was still at 320-ish.  that lasted for another 30 seconds or so and then dropped back to the 60 range.  I got up and wandered the downstairs (living room, kitchen, dining room, laundry room, etc).  Stayed in the 60 range.  i went back to my chair and waited for the AC to cycle on...which had no effect on my readings.  I scanned again for awhile and did not see anything above the 60's.  

I have to do this on the down low.  My wife would not be keen to know if I found high readings or that I am even taking readings.  She is already having a real tough time with her MS these days and doesn't need to add anything else to worry about.  I did take a screen shot of the 320 range...just for a record.  Wish I would have taken one of the 520.  I will do a whole house sweep soon and report back.

I was wondering if you ever do the fingernail test with mirrors in public places?  To check if the mirror is 2 way or a regular mirror.  You just put your finger tip to the mirror and see if your fingernail has a gap between the nail and the reflection of your nail or if they touch.  A gap means it is a regular mirror.  No gap means its a 2 way and likely some type of surveillance cameras behind them.  

I'll report back after I sweep through every room in my house.
Life is short, enjoy it!

#18 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 12:59 PM

Ok most phones use a 3-axis magnetometer {aka compass chip} but some, generally very cheap phones, use 2-axis magnetometers ... ignoring those. The numbers you see are the vector sums of the 3 axis  chip ... if you never see negative values then they are absolute values too. This is important because the orientation of your phone can change the value you see.

Also keep in mind that the earth's magnetic field is typically between 25 to 65µT and atleast for now is fairly directional.

The reason these thangs are important is that magnetic fields aligned with the eath's field may appear stronger than they really are while those going the other way may appear weaker, negative or cancel out. Also while your phone automagically accounts for orientation to find magnetic north the Tasker script does not OR in other words if your phone is in your back pocket and it goes off when you hold it horizontally in your hand the readings can be significantly different :yes:

For the most part all of these variables can be removed with a little tweaking to the min and max but whenever possible try to examine an object like your sofa from multiple directions or if possible walk around the object while scanning. At the very least the numbers you see will vary by the earths mag field and can be up to twice the earths field due to field polarity.

Without getting too stoopidly into the nitty gritty in general don't pay too much attention to slight changes like 10 or 20µT for me I look mostly 100 to 150µT out of normal zone. Even then you'll be surprised how many scissors, pens and even cutlery are actually magnetized :headlbash:

If you are investigating your home don't forget you do have the option to turn off power :yes: Some objects like compact fluorescent lights will still show a mag field but when the power is off you have to get so close they are easy to pick out. In any event if the power is off and you are still getting a high reading on things like your chair you might want to check for hidden magnets or git rid of the chair :whistling:

Random 320 to 500 areas I would keep notes on and especially check near the floor and ceiling just in case. Also if your fuse box is inside check the area just in front and the main line especially when you are using a lot of power. This will give you an idea of the max you should expect from ordinary devices, atleast in the power lines feeding them.

Oh that mirror thing is mostly a myth and only slightly true because people who put up one way mirrors were just really cheap. one way mirrors are only partially silvered and only work if one side is dark and the other side is under bright light. Also if you put a cheap one way mirror behind a pane of glass no one could tell with the fingernail trick :nono:

Dude I'm so sorry to hear about your wife I can't even imagine having to deal with it much less helping a loved one through it AND deal with a possible haunting thang. I sincerely hope she gits through the difficult time and into a happy remission point soon.
- siguie -

#19 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • 2,705 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 21 March 2021 - 08:16 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 17 March 2021 - 02:00 AM, said:

I will help by directing all and any questions to you Siguie ;)
HA! I see what you did there Klainey & I love it!  I had to laugh!!!!
Posted Image

#20 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• 1,083 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 12:36 PM

The 300 to 500 readings are continuing randomly.  The fuse box is in the garage and no where near where I sit.  The floor reading doesn't change.  The ceiling is 20' high.  Walking around a bit doesn't show anything out of the norm.
Life is short, enjoy it!