• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 allyne

allyne

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 03:36 PM

Hello. I've been researching devices for communicating with ghosts, and I'm having trouble finding what I'm looking for. I'm hoping maybe someone here will know what it's called. I have seen videos of people asking yes/no questions using devices that only light up without making a sound. I'm trying to find things like this because I want to be able to use them in my house at night without disturbing others who live with me, and a lot of the ones I've found for sale make noise. It was quite awhile ago that I saw the videos and I don't have links to them any longer, but can anyone tell me what kind of device that would be? Or any other suggestions for quiet things that can be used for asking questions?
Thanks!

#2 Spider

Spider

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting, Traditional Wet Shaving, Tarantulas, Snakes, Halloween/Horror, Gardening, Hot Peppers, Making Hot Sauce, and Rocking the Mohawk!

Posted 24 March 2021 - 11:34 AM

My guess would be that you are thinking of a K-II meter.  It's an EMF detector.  It can be used like that.  

Also Dowsing rods are a very silent method of having meaningful yes/no conversations with spirits. Also pendulums.

Edited by Spider, 24 March 2021 - 11:40 AM.

www.facebook.com/KilherSpiderParanormal

#3 Spider

Spider

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting, Traditional Wet Shaving, Tarantulas, Snakes, Halloween/Horror, Gardening, Hot Peppers, Making Hot Sauce, and Rocking the Mohawk!

Posted 24 March 2021 - 11:47 AM

Or, you may be thinking of the Flux Ghost Response Device from GhostStop.

There was also a Yes/No Ghost Analyzer, but I don't believe it's made anymore.

Edited by Spider, 24 March 2021 - 11:48 AM.

www.facebook.com/KilherSpiderParanormal

#4 kevinscan

kevinscan

Incubus

• GS Member
  • 806 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting
    Family
    photography
    Computers
    Art
    Friends
    Horror & Sci-fi
    A good mystery
    Star Wars
    Hiking

Posted 24 March 2021 - 01:54 PM

I suppose you could always  cut the wire to the speaker \ buzzer on the ones you have already found.
Posted Image

"Normal is an illusion.
What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly"

Charles Addams

#5 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • 1,839 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 24 March 2021 - 02:49 PM

View PostSpider, on 24 March 2021 - 11:34 AM, said:

My guess would be that you are thinking of a K-II meter.  It's an EMF detector.  It can be used like that.

My thoughts exactly. Chris Fleming made this form of communication into a mainstream tool found in most ghost shows. Initially the K2 was a very inexpensive EMF but with the popularity it doubled in price in short order.

Personally I think the K2 is best to be avoided. Our team has extensively tested it and found it to be a highly inaccurate and a broad ranged EMF meter capable of being triggered by anything from a garage door opener to a car alarm. You can easily trigger it yourself with a walkie-talkie transmission or wait until your cell phone cycles looking for a tower. The fact that it can be so easily triggered gives suspicion to it's REAL use on paradrama TV. Is the episode void of evidence? No problem we can use a K2 :)

As to using instruments to determine Yes & No answers to vague questions? Another avoidance in my opinion because the questions REALLY need to be specific. A YES or NO answer can be seen as fitting an answer to a question.

If you want to use a piece of equipment under extremely quiet conditions, I'd highly recommend using a voice recorder and simply record passively.  That means to not ask any questions and run a session between 10-15 minutes at a time. If you want to further enhance the experience, I'd highly recommend buying a voice recorder capable of real-time monitoring.

I realize some investigators like to use ghost boxes but personally I can't really agree that scanning AM/FM signals for sound snippets a "legitimate" method unless the ghost boxes are caged in a farraday cage. How is a voice on the radio a sign of the paranormal?

No matter, again, buy or use a voice recorder that's capable of real-time monitor and keep your segments short. If one recognizes a mundane snippet, ensure to announce it during the recording. Sadly, days later you may have forgotten what it was which leads to less control and analysis of the recording.

If you'd like to read a good starter for EVP/AVP, look into Sarah Estep's first book called "Voices of Eternity".

It can be bought cheaply off of Amazon for $3.99 or downloaded from this link in PDF at no charge courtesy of atransc.org.

Edited by EVP, 24 March 2021 - 02:57 PM.

Posted Image

#6 allyne

allyne

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 04:46 PM

Thank you so much! These are all really good suggestions. I just looked up the K-II meter and it does look like that's what I was thinking of. I'll be sure to look into everything else as well. I appreciate your help. :-)