15 replies to this topic

#1 Crotalidae75

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Photography, fractal art, philosophy, paranormal phenomena

Posted 18 April 2016 - 12:01 PM

Hi.  I'm new around here...

I've had an interest in paranormal phenomena, especially hauntings and ghosts, for quite some time.  I've had a few minor incidents I consider paranormal, including some work I did years ago with EVP.

However, I thought I'd share a story about getting my bedsheets tugged on mysteriously.

Several years ago I had a dream where I felt my my sheets moving on their own -- being tugged on gently every few seconds or so -- not continuously though.
I thought it was just a dream, anyway.  It actually woke up me up though, and after I used the bathroom, and got back into bed, it kept happening.

I knew I wasn't dreaming because I was fully awake at that point -- despite what a skeptic friend tried to tell me.  I know d*mn well I wasn't imagining this.

I got a bit annoyed and asked whatever/whoever it was to stop tugging on my comforter, as I wanted to get some sleep.  When I did this, it stopped.

Strangely, it never happened again and I've never experienced any haunting phenomena after that.  I sort of figured it was some transient ghost or spirit that was just having a bit of fun at my expense.  I'm not sure if getting one's sheets tugged on qualifies as poltergeist activity, as it was so mild.

Edited by Crotalidae75, 18 April 2016 - 12:23 PM.

My Signature
"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear.
And the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." -- H.P. Lovecraft

#2 Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,034 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 18 April 2016 - 12:21 PM

Never had that happen myself. Welcome to the forums by the way!  I lived in Carmichael for quite a while, now I live one suburb over
My Signature
Posted Image

#3 JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 02:52 PM

Sounds more like a spirit/evil spirit (not demonic) just having some fun with you. and this one was particularly nice and honored your request to stop. So you were lucky.

Here's a quick summary of Poltergeist activity.... they are normally much more aggressive than what you described in your situation...

Poltergeist (from the Internet)
In folklore and parapsychology, a poltergeist (German for "pounding ghost") is a type of ghost or other supernatural entity which is responsible for physical disturbances, such as loud noises and objects being moved or destroyed. ..........My edit: most would say noisy and not pounding

Welcome to the forums Crotalidae75
The next time I'm requested to investigate a haunted house in Sacramento, I'm going to see if you and Vlawde want to tag along!

#4 Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,034 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 03:19 PM

Woo hoo!
My Signature
Posted Image

#5 JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 03:27 PM

I'm going to make sure it's a night you will never forget, Vlawde!  :ermm:

#6 NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,452 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 18 April 2016 - 03:41 PM

Welcome to the forums, Crotalidae75!

I'm with Jim on this one...  I figure anything that wants to give you a scare while you are trying to sleep is not friendly.  In no way is that meant to scare you.  Just be careful.  Please let us know if you have any more questions :)
My Signature
Posted Image

#7 Crotalidae75

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 03:43 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 18 April 2016 - 02:52 PM, said:

Sounds more like a spirit/evil spirit (not demonic) just having some fun with you. and this one was particularly nice and honored your request to stop. So you were lucky.

Here's a quick summary of Poltergeist activity.... they are normally much more aggressive than what you described in your situation...

Poltergeist (from the Internet)
In folklore and parapsychology, a poltergeist (German for "pounding ghost") is a type of ghost or other supernatural entity which is responsible for physical disturbances, such as loud noises and objects being moved or destroyed. ..........My edit: most would say noisy and not pounding

Welcome to the forums Crotalidae75
The next time I'm requested to investigate a haunted house in Sacramento, I'm going to see if you and Vlawde want to tag along!

That's what I thought -- that poltergeist activity is usually much more severe.

I figured it was just some spirit trying to get my attention, or just messing around with me.

I actually just joined the California Haunts group on Meetup, so I plan on going to the 'Ghost Hunting 101' class on the 7th of next month.  I don't have any experience with investigation, but I am looking forward to that.  I'm a hobbyist photographer, so I have a camera I can use, as well as a Tascam DR-07 Mk II for EVP work...

I'm keen on going along on a hunt.  There's no shortage of haunted locations in this area, as far as I know.

Edited by Crotalidae75, 18 April 2016 - 03:44 PM.

My Signature
And the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." -- H.P. Lovecraft

#8 Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,034 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 03:48 PM

There are plenty of spots in the area. Honestly, I prefer private home investigations versus public places, although those are great to get your feet wet
My Signature
Posted Image

#9 EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Interests:Digital Still Creation

Posted 18 April 2016 - 09:34 PM

Not including me for audio work Jim? Geez haven't seen Cali since the 80's :)
My Signature
Posted Image

#10 JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 10:03 PM

EVP, you would make my entire year if you were able to make it!
So you will definitely get an invitation when the time comes and I will hope with all hope that you can come.  :)

#11 Crotalidae75

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 10:42 PM

Although Vlawde suggested a private location, apparently the Old City Cemetery is supposed to be haunted.  Truthfully I never gave it much thought.  But, it might be an interesting place to collect EVP.
You might even be able to do it during broad daylight, instead of having to obtain permission to visit after dark.

I've heard funny things about cemetery investigations, though, such as people running into strange, ominous hooded figures that appear to be guardians of some sort.  

I've also read that that most cemeteries are home to "parasites" that feed on the leftover psychic energy left in interred corpses.  Has anyone heard this as well?
My Signature

#12 earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,918 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 12:28 AM

Welcome to the boards :D

Sheet tugging is one of those things that really creep me out - it really emphasises an awareness of what's going on and what can be done to get some attention. My dad has had years of sheet tugging and weight on his bed when he gets into it... he now refuses to close the door when he's going to sleep because it's always worse then. When the door is open it doesn't happen as much!
My Signature
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#13 JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 12:48 AM

I have visited Old City Cemetery several times in my early days of ghost hunting. It's a beautiful place to behold. But cemeteries are a breeding ground for entities (so to speak). So in my opinion they aren't the best place to investigate. When I used to go there 14 years ago, a friend of mine used to give psychic tours there. There would be a crowd of around 300+ people on a given tour. It was interesting. But these days I try to stay away from all cemeteries at night.

#14 Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,034 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 06:00 AM

Years ago we went on a Saturday morning tour of the city cemetery led by ( I assume) a city employee. Lots of famous early pillars of the community are buried there. We took lots of photos and even ran our recorders after the tour was over, nada. There are a few old cemeteries in Folsom we went to at night, one member always got tons of EVP's there, and there is Kilgore cemetery in Rancho Cordova. N ever got anything there but a  lost the battery cover off one of my Olympus digital recorder. I never did anything at the old Fair oaks cemetery.
My Signature
Posted Image

#15 EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Interests:Digital Still Creation

Posted 19 April 2016 - 06:10 AM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 19 April 2016 - 06:00 AM, said:

Years ago we went on a Saturday morning tour of the city cemetery led by ( I assume) a city employee. Lots of famous early pillars of the community are buried there. We took lots of photos and even ran our recorders after the tour was over, nada. There are a few old cemeteries in Folsom we went to at night, one member always got tons of EVP's there, and there is Kilgore cemetery in Rancho Cordova. N ever got anything there but a  lost the battery cover off one of my Olympus digital recorder. I never did anything at the old Fair oaks cemetery.

There are several recorders that seemingly produce EVP's by abundance, most notable being the Panasonic RR-DR60 IC. Some also seem to be more of a magnet to this phenomena for whatever undocumentd/unscientifc reason. Much of my recording frequency dissipated once I began using higher end equipment but I'm fine with that because earlier inexpensive models virtually had no electronic shielding.

Edited by EVP, 19 April 2016 - 06:11 AM.

My Signature
Posted Image

#16 Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,034 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 06:15 AM

I've had several Olympus recorders, went with that brand because of recommendations, plus it was one of the few brands that had a USB connector to my PC so I could upload and tweak with Audacity. I have a feeling that to at least some extent, who is doing the recording could have something to do with the quantity and quality of EVPs. One friend got tons of good ones, rest of us got little to nothing at the same location
My Signature
Posted Image

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com