7 replies to this topic

#1 Ravenharp

Ravenharp

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Pharmaceuticals, mechanical engineering, game design, writing

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:01 PM

As aforementioned, I promised I would share paranormal experiences. While I cannot state that I have experienced as much as I would have liked to, I will share my experience. I will also add that my experience is corroborated by my mother who gave a report of a ghost who looked exactly the same.

I was very young, possibly no older than three. I'd have problems sleeping at night due to anxiety, and so I would sleep with the light and TV on. One night, I awoke at what seemed to be around 6 in the morning, to a black-haired woman, semi-heavy set, lying on the other side of the bed, to my side. I reached out to grab her, and she would vanish. I remember getting so confused; I recall a few more times where this happened.

We moved house a few years later; my mother told me that she saw a strange woman to be around twenty or twenty-five years of age, peering down at her from the stairs, wearing a - you guessed it, a white dress, similar to a wedding dress but more casual. My mother stated this woman just stared at her from above, and seemed surprised. She subsequently walked off and wasn't seen again. That's been around twelve years and I haven't heard of her since. She made apparations in the two houses I stayed in.

#2 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,435 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 10 July 2016 - 07:38 AM

Hello Ravenharp!

Neat story!  Have you asked anyone in your family about this woman?  I'm wondering if it's a distant relative (possibly a great-grandmother, aunt, or cousin) who came to visit?
Posted Image

#3 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,184 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 08:11 AM

I'm not understanding... the woman you saw was also wearing a white dress that looked like a wedding dress?
And are you sure you were only 3 years old? That seems like a lot to remember later on for someone so young at the time.

#4 Ravenharp

Ravenharp

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 09:54 AM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 10 July 2016 - 08:11 AM, said:

I'm not understanding... the woman you saw was also wearing a white dress that looked like a wedding dress?
And are you sure you were only 3 years old? That seems like a lot to remember later on for someone so young at the time.

It was one of those dresses which kind of flare out towards the legs, and reach near to the feet.

#5 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,339 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 10 July 2016 - 12:54 PM

View PostRavenharp, on 10 July 2016 - 09:54 AM, said:

It was one of those dresses which kind of flare out towards the legs, and reach near to the feet.

Do you mean something like this?

Posted Image

Edited by MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe, 10 July 2016 - 12:54 PM.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#6 lorac61469

lorac61469

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 01:29 PM

Since you said you had sleep troubles I suggest you look up hypnogagic/hypnopompic hallucinations.

#7 Ravenharp

Ravenharp

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 03:29 PM

View Postlorac61469, on 10 July 2016 - 01:29 PM, said:

Since you said you had sleep troubles I suggest you look up hypnogagic/hypnopompic hallucinations.

I thought it was that at first, until my mother reported that she had witnessed the exact same apparition.

View PostMacCionoadha, on 10 July 2016 - 12:54 PM, said:

Do you mean something like this?

Posted Image
Yup, like that.

#8 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,339 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 10 July 2016 - 03:51 PM

Dresses like that are called Princess Seamed. They were most popular during the '30's - '40's as formal/evening wear.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users