#1 biblophile

biblophile

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:paranormal, books art

Posted 25 August 2016 - 11:51 AM

I lived with my Grandmother and my Father on about an acre of land in the Arizona desert. Every night for many years there would be a loud knock on the wooden front door in the middle of the night, usually between 2 or 3 in the morning, until about 6 a.m. It would be loud enough to wake everybody in the house. We would go look there would be no one there. The knocking would cease for the night if we got up to check, if we tried ignoring it, it would continue to happen.
If that is not strange enough the wooden door was covered by a screen door that was always locked, so the Knocker had to be inside with us.

That is not the only paranormal activity in the house, but it started with the knocking.
More stories to come.

#2 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,435 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:50 PM

Thanks for sharing, biblophile!

I had something similar happen at my Grandma's house...  Let's say...  Six years ago.  It was around midnight and I had just come in from work.  I was there about ten minutes and we both heard two loud raps on the front door.  Just like your experience, the knocker had to be inside because we did not hear the storm door move at all.  I went outside to the sidewalk to see if I could spot anyone, but to no avail.  No one was in the backyard either.  Nothing else happened that night and we couldn't find anything out of place anywhere in the house.  Neither one of us have heard that type of knock since then either.

Looking forward to more of your stories!  :)
Posted Image

#3 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 26 August 2016 - 01:17 PM

My Mother and I have our on 'Knocker'. It loves to make it's presence known around our home. Here are a few times, it let itself be known to us.

Some times we'd hear banging sounds, like when you dry sneakers in a dryer; a metallic thump then a 1-3 minute pause, then thump. We can't quite tell where it comes from.  We hear the knocking sounds coming from the kitchen wall. I still don't understand how it can occur. We've recently had the outer walls filled with blown insulation.

My Mother told me she heard two loud bangs, coming from inside the house. She couldn't tell from where exactly. She checked to see if it was me, but I was still asleep. So, she check all around the house, outside too, even though it sounded as if it was inside, but found nothing amiss.

Another time, I was in my bedroom reading when I heard two distinct raps on my door frame. I thought it was my Mother, but when I opened the door, she was just coming out of the bathroom. So it couldn't have been her.

One time I heard the walking and shuffling, then it was followed by a rap on the wall next to my bedroom door. Each time the sounds happened, I'd called out, thinking it was my Mother. There was no response to my inquiry, so when I opened the door, there was no one there. I checked on her and she was fast asleep.

I heard a loud knock coming from the wall of my Mother's bedroom.  It sounded like someone was knocking from inside the wall; one knock only.  My Mother was in the sewing/computer room, so I know it was not her.

I have been hearing a loud tap coming from the wall, between the window and the backdoor. It seems to happen twice a day, between 7-7:30 PM and 10:30-11 PM, every night.

I have been hearing rapping. There are two distinct raps, sounding as if someone is rapping there knuckles on wood, then a pause, then one more rap. The last rap happens about ten minutes after the first two and is much softer in sound.

At one point, I'd moved out of my room onto the porch. The knocking started to come from the wall, next to the foldout couch, that I was sleeping. It sounded as if the knocking, that was on my door, had then moved. It was manifesting next to me.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#4 biblophile

biblophile

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:paranormal, books art

Posted 28 August 2016 - 06:55 AM

aside from the knocking we also had tapping on the wall, foot steps, lothoboly( that is stones pelting the side of our house), objects missing, orbs and shadow figures.
When I left the house and my Grandmother passed away My Father was left alone , He said the haunting became more frequent and sometimes aggressive. My Father is a night owl he was up reading in his  study when he heard a loud bang like something hitting the side of the house. He went into the dining area where he noticed that a pair of sliding doors that were used to cover the washer and dryer were caved in, crumpled like paper.
He decided to move out after that. He put the house on the market but no one wanted it. One man came to have a look at the house and as was going from room to room he came upon my Grandmothers old room and the door promptly slammed in his face, he left with out saying a word, there was no window open to cause the door to slam, I guess the house did not like him.
The house finally sold, the new owners demolished the old house and built a new one, but within two years they had left, the house sold again but is now on the market once more. Any buyers?

#5 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:39 PM

View Postbiblophile, on 28 August 2016 - 06:55 AM, said:

aside from the knocking we also had tapping on the wall, foot steps, lothoboly( that is stones pelting the side of our house), objects missing, orbs and shadow figures.
When I left the house and my Grandmother passed away My Father was left alone , He said the haunting became more frequent and sometimes aggressive. My Father is a night owl he was up reading in his  study when he heard a loud bang like something hitting the side of the house. He went into the dining area where he noticed that a pair of sliding doors that were used to cover the washer and dryer were caved in, crumpled like paper.
He decided to move out after that. He put the house on the market but no one wanted it. One man came to have a look at the house and as was going from room to room he came upon my Grandmothers old room and the door promptly slammed in his face, he left with out saying a word, there was no window open to cause the door to slam, I guess the house did not like him.
The house finally sold, the new owners demolished the old house and built a new one, but within two years they had left, the house sold again but is now on the market once more. Any buyers?

I completely understand. My house is also active. We hear the footsteps, bangs, knocks, taps, cracking, items dropping, voices , etc. You should take a look at my house's story. My Childhood Home

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users