Strange Experience Last Night

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

#1 LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 26 August 2016 - 05:24 AM

I have been working 12-13 hour days this week.  I get up at 5 and get home at 9ish.  Got home last night and watched some football with my wife.  Went to bed at 10.  Let me say that I have pretty good control over my thoughts when laying down to go to sleep in not allowing them to run away on topics that would keep me awake.  For example.  Early last week, my car blew out the turbo and possibly damaged the motor.  Still waiting for the call from the shop and it will be very costly.  I have managed to keep this from the front of my mind and sleep well.  Sometimes I will allow myself to think about work.

Last night when I laid down, I was letting myself think about work and going over stuff in my head.  Knowing this is a subject that I would not fall asleep while thinking about.  My wife and I have a window AC unit to keep our bedroom extra cool during the extra hot summer months.  After laying there in bed for 5-10 minutes the AC unit was already cycling from initially turning the compressor on to turning it off. When the compressor turned off (unit was still on and blowing air), I had the most extraordinary feeling like I had a tight wrapped blanket or bands wrapped around me and they opened up or fell away.  This was not a falling feeling.  This was more, much more of feeling that everything released.  

I laid there thinking that was really weird.  This was definitely the only time I had ever felt this.  My eyes were mostly closed, but I was still very much awake.  It was at this point I started to see something.  What I saw was like something playing on a small TV across the room.  I mean the old small tube type TV's.  I cant describe what was playing on the TV as it wasn't clear enough nor did it stand out enough to make sense.  The imagery of what I perceived I saw repeated several times.  As I laid there wondering what the heck is this, I decided to open my eyes the rest of the way up as they had been mostly closed during this time.

The direction I was facing had no lights of any type.  No illumination from any source.  I closed my eyes back to where they were before and the image (or I should call it a short replay of a whatever) started up again.  It was a little less defined this time but very similar to before.

It was at this point that I thought to myself, enough of this I need to sleep and forced my thoughts onto normal things I think about when I can easily drift off to sleep.  The imagery stopped and a soon fell asleep.

very strange stuff....

Edited by Louczar, 26 August 2016 - 05:25 AM.

My Signature
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#2 lorac61469

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 09:32 AM

I'm gonna give you the non-paranormal explaination...I'm sure someone else will come along with something else soon.

Hypnopompic/hypnogagic hallucinations. (One is experience during falling asleep the other is upon waking)

Hypnagogic hallucinations can occur at sleep onset, either during daytime sleep episodes or at night. They are usually quite vivid, and often involve vision. The visual hallucinations usually consist of simple forms – colored circles or parts of objects – that are constant or changing in size. People may also see the image of an animal or a person, and are more often in color. Auditory hallucinations are also common, but other senses are seldom involved. Hypnagogic hallucinations are dreams that intrude on wakefulness, which can cause visual, auditory, or touchable sensations. They occur between waking and sleeping, usually at the onset of sleep, and can also occur about 30 seconds after a cataleptic attack.

#3 Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,037 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 26 August 2016 - 09:38 AM

I had something similar past few days. I was waking up in bed the other morning, hoping to be able to keep my eyes shut and drift off for a bit longer. I also sometimes have vivid dreams shortly before waking. That must have happened as I was waking up, because I could still kind of feel the dream, even though it was gone. With my eyes closed, I saw some images, and was able to kind of control them, just like in a dream, but I was awake and aware. I briefly opened my eyes to look at the clock and shut them again, and still kind of had the image, but was aware it was going away.

So yeah..kind of what Lorac said! :D
My Signature
Posted Image

#4 JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 10:51 AM

Hypnopompic/hypnogagic hallucinations - this is coming up a lot lately.  :huh:

Here's the site I usually refer people to when I suspect they are having such an occurrence.  Click Here    

#5 earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,918 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 12:40 AM

I think you've been working terribly hard and this plays havoc on your body and unusual things start to happen. Are you able to rest up anytime soon?
My Signature
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#6 LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 07 September 2016 - 12:59 PM

I really was very tired/exhausted when this happened.  But, I am pretty sure I was very awake.  None the less....I had been working a lot.  Nothing to note since.

On another note, I was at the in laws lake cabin this past weekend.  No ghosts in any pictures (especially the boat).
My Signature
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#7 earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,918 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 12:30 AM

That boat photo was a great image to discuss! I wonder what you'll capture next :D
My Signature
It's in the trees, it's coming!

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com