Are Your Pets Weird ?

• You cannot reply to this topic
52 replies to this topic

#1 Beatlefish

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:ghosts, music, tv, reading ghost stories, conspiracy theories, real life mysteries.

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:20 PM

My dogs are afraid of.

.........a flag. huh.gif A FLAG! blink.gif
My mom wanted to put the flag out so she put it at the end of the house and they dogs barked their selves silly and I had to go out way after dark to bring it in.....so they would hush
I went out waved it around while it was still up, one dog the usual braver one, went more neurotic than the other . I thought they would be ok,I come back in & they would start it up again. I finally had to take it down.
The wind wasn't even blowing th_sarcastic_blum.gif

My mom has dubbed them cowards.  ashamed0002.gif
To me they are still puppies I think they were a year old in March.

Also one has been selfish with toys,so much the other don't want to play with any. I don't know if she is tired of getting barked at or if she thinks she's too mature for toys

So what are YOUR pets scared of, or do that is strange.

#2 Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:35 PM

LOL...my dogs have a lot of eccentricities, especially my rottweiler Ace.  Ace is an excellent guard dog in terms of looking and sounding terrifying and refusing to let anyone he doesn't trust get close to one of us.  But he's also afraid of some of the silliest things, like thunderstorms and vacuum cleaners.  He also hates the smell of coffee, tea, and alcohol.  He will run and hide if you hold a mug or beer bottle under his nose!

Our house has a crawlspace underneath (it's built on blocks instead of a slab), and Ace is fascinated by the critters that burrow down there--usually it's rabbits and armadillos.  He'll stare at the floor for hours because he hears animals under the house, only he'll act like they're right there on the floor in front of him.  He also chases flashlight beams like a cat.  I've never seen a dog do that.

My bull mastiff Duchess is afraid of getting her feet wet outside.  A bull mastiff is NOT a "dainty" breed, but I guess she figures she's living up to her regal name.  biggrin.gif

#3 Gooz

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 194 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:52 AM

My little dorkie (mini dach & yorkie) has long hair and sometimes his rear end gets ...well a little 'poopy' so I have to wash it with a warm soapy cloth. After I do that he runs down the hall as fast as he can and rubs his FACE all over the carpet like he's trying to dry it! It's hysterical! Wrong end, silly!

#4 Guest_Staropeace_*

• Guests

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:51 AM

My cat is afraid of vacumns and also thunder.Another loves her relfection in the mirror and wants me to wave at her while she is looking at our reflections....she can stay forever watching me wave...when I stop,she cries.

My little dog,a childhood pet now deseased, was terrified of broom handles. She was also very afraid of rifles when she heard dad shoot once. I think the shape of a broom handle sorta appeared similiar.

#5 Ratterlin

Apport

• GS Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:50 AM

My dog thinks she is a cat or a human. She sits and cleans herself like a cat, but will try to "talk" on the phone when I call my parent's house. She paws at it and sniffs it if she hears me talking. My cat is just really fat and lazy. She is also afraid of thunderstorms and the vacuum. My dog just has a really bad habit of hiding under my parent's bed so no one can reach her when it is time for bed. When she comes to live with me, I'll have to put so much stuff under my bed so she won't be able to hide under there. It is so funny because they act like siblings. The dog will annoy the cat and the cat will stalk off and sulk.
My Signature
IPB Image

#6 Jill_Skellington

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:11 PM

Hi Beatlefish. smile.gif

My kitteh does the weird chirping noise when she sees squirrels and birds. wub.gif

And the dog eats weird, will chomp a  garlic, but will not sniff a banana.

My Signature

Posted Image

.Oh Jill.

#7 Beatlefish

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:ghosts, music, tv, reading ghost stories, conspiracy theories, real life mysteries.

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:15 PM

We had an Austrailan Sheperd (now dececesed) ,one Christmas we gave him a toy and the next year while we were putting up Christmas lights he went and got it ,We didn't even know where he had put it. He was so smart. he looked like the dog from "Its me or the dog" lol like in Hocus Pocus'  siggie, except he didn't have light eyes.

Edited by Beatlefish, 22 May 2009 - 07:00 PM.

#8 Beatlefish

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:23 PM

laugh.gif Thats so cute a cat that tries to commuicate with birds ,Merlin is cute . smile.gif

#9 Guest_Staropeace_*

• Guests

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:30 PM

My cats click their teeth when they see bugs....weird cha cha cha sound.

#10 Jill_Skellington

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE(Beatlefish @ May 22 2009, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif Thats so cute a cat that tries to commuicate with birds ,Merlin is cute . smile.gif

Hi Beatlefish. smile.gif

Lol.. Merlin is a fatty kittar and I don't know who he belongs too. It was one of the better  cat chirping videos on YT.

My Signature

Posted Image

.Oh Jill.

#11 Hauntedheart

EVP

• GS Member
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:43 PM

Right before easter my son came home with a easter basket from his teacher and sat it on the table a little while later molly my spaniel mix was barking like crazy with her hair standing up on her back looking towards the basket and i could not figure out what in the world she was barking at i was being to wonder if she was seeing something i wasnt until i moved the basket and relized that was it lol  happy0194.gif
My Signature
Hauntedheart

#12 lurker

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:playing guitar, roadtrips, paranormal and reading

Posted 22 May 2009 - 02:03 PM

My cat has a thing for polly pocket clothes. It's weird cause he just collects them, doesn't chew them or anything.  Every now and then I'll come across piles of them in a dark corner of the basement.

#13 Guest_Staropeace_*

• Guests

Posted 22 May 2009 - 03:24 PM

Once,when I was in a school concert,my cat got offended by my outfit. I was playing a black bunny....I had on one of these one piece body shirts and black leotards and slippers. I ,also, had a long pair of black and pink bunny ears that was attached to a headband to wear on my head. When I put it on,my cat Luke,freaked out lol....his hair puffed up and his back was arched. Cripes,he sorta scared me.....but I scared him too.....lol...He must have thought I turned into a monster or something. I couldnt believe a cat could get fooled like that.....another time I dyed my hair blonde....he didnt like that either....dont blame him lol..

#14 clinsey

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 04:56 PM

I had a springer spaniel named Roxy who is now deceased.  Once we hung a painting of a little boy on the wall (pretty large, full body painting) and she barked and barked at it for weeks like it was an actual person standing there.  She finally got used to it, thank God!

My daughter got a little dog last summer (I said no but she appeared anyway!).  Her name is Lucy.  She's a Pomchi--1/4 Chihuahua, 3/4 tea-cup Pomeranian.  She just turned 1 year old and weighs a whopping 7 pounds.  We have two cats and they are both bigger than her! That's kinda funny to see.  She's very good but when she goes outside she gets real yappy (ugh!)  She'll run around barking, then her hackles stand up and she kicks up dust (like a bull) and growls.  She's absolutely terrifying!!(Ha-Ha NOT!! But she thinks she is.)  She just came in from outside, by the way, and I think she found something (dead?) to roll in.  Pee-Yew!!  I am still not completely used to how SMALL she is but she acts just like a big dog!

We have a little (still bigger than the dog) cat, Bonnie who rules all the animals in the house.  The other animals literally flinch when she walks in the room and she just gives them the evil eye.  She's "Bad Bonnie".

I had a BELOVED cat, Lucky. A seal point Siamese mix who succumbed to a congenital heart defect last summer at age 9.  He was sooooo smart!  My daughter found him on her 11th birthday.  She came home for food to give to a cat she heard under a bush in the neighborhood and I said ok but DON'T BRING IT HOME.  We were inundated w/animals already at the time.  Well, 15 minutes later I hear her come in and then a meow!  I turn around and she is holding this tiny, little kitten in her hand.  She said, "I'm sorry Mom, but when I finally saw him I thought I better bring him home."  He looked like a hamster he was so small.  About 2 weeks old.  So I told her she did the right thing.  We bottle fed him and as he got older he "turned" into a Siamese.  Didn't realize he was. This was her first b-day since her grandmother died and she told me she thought it was a b-day gift from grandma.  Man she's good--of course we had to keep him! I kept a collar on him w/our ph# once he was old enough to go outside.  After a while he kept "losing" it.  Someone would find it and return it to us.  One day he came home w/his collar missing again and I petted him and made a fuss about the collar being gone.  He turned around, jumped the fence, the came back over the fence w/the collar in his mouth and dropped it at my feet but wouldn't let me put it back on him.  I got the message:  You seem to like this thing so here, you can have it but I don't want to wear it anymore!  So I relented.  Man I miss him!

Edited by clinsey, 22 May 2009 - 04:59 PM.

#15 Guest_Staropeace_*

• Guests

Posted 22 May 2009 - 05:05 PM

Clinsey....you are a very nice person.

#16 ChildOfTheNight

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Interests:Japan, horses, goth, swords, paganism, wicca, witchcraft, spirituality, ghosts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 05:22 PM

My budgie squawks like a macaw, my dog Misty tosses her stuffed toy across the room, my cat Jenny snuggles a baby blanket, and one of my tarantulas likes to play tug-o-war with paper.
My Signature
Come away oh human child
To the waters and the wild
With a fairy hand in hand
For the world's more full of weeping
Than you can understand
~WB Yeats

#17 clinsey

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE(Staropeace @ May 22 2009, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Clinsey....you are a very nice person.

Thank you Star!!  I keep thinking "push over" but I like "nice" better! th_angel.gif

#18 clinsey

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE(ChildOfTheNight @ May 22 2009, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
one of my tarantulas likes to play tug-o-war with paper.

Eeeew!  Tarantulas?  We actually had one for a few years.  I have (really) arachnophobia and one day my husband came home w/a tarantula because his boss had had it for 12 years but his new wife would not let him keep it and the people at work would not let him keep it there.  I was p-o'd!!  But I actually started to feel sorry for him sometimes and it actually helped w/my fear of spiders.  I'm not nearly as bad as I used to be.  I never held it or touched it but I would feed it and put water in his dish and I came to realize how shy he was and that he wasn't EVIL!!  I would love to watch yours playing tug-of-war.  Sounds cute (not sure if that's exactly the right word--but you know what I mean.

#19 Beatlefish

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:31 PM

I'm scared of them. I get shivers just thinking about one.

#20 Beatlefish

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:31 PM

Thanks for posting your stories I am really enjoying them. smile.gif

Edited by Beatlefish, 22 May 2009 - 07:04 PM.

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com