Anyone Here Believe Spirit Orbs Exist?

• You cannot reply to this topic
34 replies to this topic

#1 Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,474 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:55 AM

Yes, I know, almost all orb photos are created by a digital camera flaw

However, I personally have seen enough of them to know that they are real supernatural
beings, IMO. And the only experiences I count are the few that I and witnesses saw at the same
time. I even know a place where they can be seen quite easily with the human eye. It's a
park in the middle of nowhere. And I hope to go back there early next year (2018) and bring
witnesses and plenty of cameras.  ;)

Depending on how this topic goes, I might share a picture that I took of what I believe to
be an authentic supernatural being (orb) with a playful behavior.
:yes:

Anyway... what say ye? besides all the dust orbs, does anyone
here believe that some are actually Supernatural Beings??

And If you have had a real encounter, can anyone please share it here?

Posted Image

The reason I'm posting is because, I really want confirmation that i'm not the only one that believes they exist.
My Signature
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#2 MrsFrootloops

Wraith

• Lead Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 04 September 2017 - 03:00 AM

I believe in orbs.  When I was a little girl, my friend and I were having a sleepover at here house. We had just turned out the lights and were still awake giggling and making noises and stuff. Then this little white orb of light caught our eyes, and it floated up into the lampshade and disappeared.  So we both got up out of our sleeping bags to look for it, discussing what we just saw. We decided it was a fairy joining our sleepover, so we went to sleep.

The black mass ball I saw as a teenager, I'm counting that as an orb, since is was round.

Even in the present I still see orbs of light around the apartment. Some are blue, some are orange, sometimes yellow, once in a great while, I see white around here.
My Signature
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

#3 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 03:20 AM

Yes, I believe there are orbs and have seen them on numerous occasions. When I was younger they used to frighten me, these were more like a bubble they didn't really have any colour and moved as a group and very fast. As I got older I also saw beige, white whispy, or blue orbs. I have seen them come through doors (like when my Aunty died) and through walls.
My Signature

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#4 Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,651 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 04 September 2017 - 07:48 AM

I do believe there can be actual spirit orbs, but they are not very common. If you can see them with your eyes they may be paranormal, but if only on camera, dust
My Signature
Posted Image

#5 MrsFrootloops

Wraith

• Lead Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:42 AM

To judge orbs in photographs, you have to take in consideration of the condition of the area they are taken in. Like if you are in an abandon old house and are using you flash on the camera for a better picture, it's more likely a dust orb. But like if you are out on a clear day, the dew is dried up already, and you take a photo of the landscape, and there is an orb out in the grass, then there is more likely a paranormal reasoning behind it.

Don't shoot me, that's just how I see it. I would love all orb photos to be real ghosties, or whatever they are.
My Signature
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

#6 EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts
  • Interests:photography, anomalous audio recordings & enigmas.

Posted 04 September 2017 - 01:27 PM

Until I see an orb hold up a sign that says I'm a ghost, I'm going by the repeatable experiments I have performed with a DSLR camera dropping contaminant using first/second curtain shutter producing the same effect I see countless times on the web from people who don't understand optics :)

In retaliation to the above comment, I have seen at night with the naked eye a self-illuminating orb with a 3 foot tail meander between tombstones almost with purpose before vanishing before my eyes. Scientists say this effect can be replicated with ball lighting or ignited swamp gas. Unexplained or explained, it was the only time I witnessed it and it was very interesting to experience.

Edited by EVP, 04 September 2017 - 01:34 PM.

My Signature
Posted Image
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.:"
----Bertrand Russell----

#7 Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,474 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 02:22 PM

Actually... I feel confident that orbs are more common than we think. You can actually compare them to shadow ghosts in that they are breaking major laws if seen or photographed. So the last thing they want is to be captured by sight or by camera.

I think the error problem with digital cameras (creating fraudulent orb images) has truly hurt paranormal studies. It seems that it has caused most to close their minds to the possibility of an authentic spirit orb manifestation.
My Signature
Posted Image

#8 Snickers

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 06:07 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 04 September 2017 - 02:22 PM, said:

Actually... I feel confident that orbs are more common than we think.

I think the error problem with digital cameras (creating fraudulent orb images) has truly hurt paranormal studies. It seems that it has caused most to close their minds to the possibility of an authentic spirit orb manifestation.

I feel the same, and I still think they are windows to another world from which our loved ones watch us. I think people dismiss them too easily.
My Signature
Don't tell me that I didn't see what I saw, or didn't hear what I heard.......Snickers

#9 siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:44 PM

I believe orbs exist :yes: but why do people assume it's some type of spirit thang?

Spirit orbs may simply be a god of the gaps argument ... as in they might exist AND there is a logical explanation but it is not yet known.

Anywho, yeah I've never had a paranormal eXperience so ghosts/spirits are still in my hope they are true categories but orbs I believe in :yes:
My Signature
- siguie -

#10 EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:02 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 04 September 2017 - 02:22 PM, said:

I think the error problem with digital cameras (creating fraudulent orb images) has truly hurt paranormal studies. .

This is where we differ.... it's not the cameras that hurt paranormal studies, it's the uneducated who don't understand simple optical principles applying supposition without supportive evidence. Orbs were present in Polaroids and film photography when flash was mixed into the equation. The abundance of orb images came when digital stills became essentially cost free and weren't limited to 24 or 36 frames per roll of film and the flash was positioned almost directly above a convex lens.

The creator of ghostgadgets.com came up with various ways to eliminate false positives as far back as 2004 with the DEVA system. Amateur investigators continue refusing safeguards as proper protocols because their false evidence disappears quickly and that conflicts with validating their belief system.

Our tech manager disabled (with a kill switch) all IR emitters on our video cameras. We then moved our lighting off camera and 99% of dust orbs disappeared in our video footage. Several of our members use high end DSLR crop/full frame sensor cameras. The use of off-camera lighting to take images is a step in concentrating your focus on the unexplained instead of creating more of the naturally explained phenomena. Simply creating your own false positives is wasting time is your paranormal studies.

By continuing your study without improving your methods, all you are essentially doing is repeating the same mistakes. To advance your paranormal study you have to optimize your methodology and controls. That comes only from learning from your errors.

Edited by EVP, 04 September 2017 - 09:33 PM.

My Signature
Posted Image
----Bertrand Russell----

#11 Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,474 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:07 PM

I don't remember ever seeing an orb with my film cameras, back in the day. But then again, I wasn't paying much attention then.

I think i'll go on eBay and do a search for pics taken with film cameras.
it will be interesting to see how many globule images show up in pictures. I'll post if I have results.

So EVP, the question I asked is, do you believe that there are life forms out there in the shape of an orb ??

Maybe I should re-post the question as a multiple choice survey.   :  )
My Signature
Posted Image

#12 EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:27 AM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 04 September 2017 - 11:07 PM, said:

So EVP, the question I asked is, do you believe that there are life forms out there in the shape of an orb ??

Jim you are going to hate my non-committal answer, "I don't know", and justifiably so. Despite my sometimes extreme skepticism, I will say that on a number of occasions I've had some unusual events happen that go beyond logical explanation. I have no choice to throw away personal experiences that are not collective but I can't dismiss them when they are shared among others at the same time despite hardcore skeptics implying that it's nothing more than collective hallucination.

I'm not sure that "what we see" can even be recorded visually or on a audible level at times. It may be a projection that we see without vision. It's happened numerous times where collectively it's experienced and it's not recorded yet recording devices are active at the time. I guess a pivotal point in my own analysis happened when I read that scientists cannot even validate "human consciousness".

What I saw collectively 3 decades ago with the shapeless black mass or the illuminated orb meandering at "Gregory Four Corners Cemetery" where the witch Hanna Cranna is buried in Connecticut leaves me to only suggest "there is something out there that can't be explained." Sorry Jim, I'm a chicken, I just can't put a label on it anymore than this is the stuff that fascinates me.

All due respect to your belief Jim as I can see you give back the same to my views. Thank you for that.

Edited by EVP, 05 September 2017 - 01:29 AM.

My Signature
Posted Image
----Bertrand Russell----

#13 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:44 AM

EVP Sorry I am going off topic....Sorry....

What happened to your signature did you change it? The only reason I am asking is I see your signature has changed and now there is a yellow link that says "Posted Image"  I am curious because I had that problem with one of my images. I hope there isn't another image hosting issue that will start popping up the words "Posted Image" instead of being able to see the image!

P.S. By the way they are beautiful images
My Signature

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#14 Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,474 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:51 AM

View PostEVP, on 05 September 2017 - 01:27 AM, said:

All due respect to your belief Jim as I can see you give back the same to my views.

It must be hard being you.  :D  ..........just kidding my friend. You're still one of my favorites on the forums.  ;)

In response to your statement that I'm quoting... I can see that we do go back and forth like that. Do you know what? When you and I get to heaven, one of us is going to tell the other, "I told you so!" ....haha  Then we'll run off and raid a Ouija Board session somewhere. Oh, And we'll take some of our orb buddies with us. :lol:

Thanks for your answer in post #12. I appreciate the time you took to write it. And I better understand your side of things now.  :)
My Signature
Posted Image

#15 Mikaru

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:53 AM

I've seen black, shadowy orbs and light orbs with my naked eyes. Do I trust my sight? Not completely. I sometimes see floaters when I'm dehydrated. Do I believe that spirits could appear as orbs? Yes, I do.
My Signature

#16 Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,474 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 02:08 AM

Cool... thanks, Mikaru.  ;)

Better see your Eye Doc about the floaters through, that could become a problem.

Posted Image
My Signature
Posted Image

#17 daphnerose

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 241 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:25 AM

I have seen orbs with my own eyes several times in life. On more than one occassion my cat and I would watch a squarish orb flit around my front room. We would look at each other and then go back to watching it dance around.

Edited by daphnerose, 05 September 2017 - 08:25 AM.

#18 EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 02:35 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 05 September 2017 - 01:44 AM, said:

EVP Sorry I am going off topic....Sorry....

What happened to your signature did you change it? The only reason I am asking is I see your signature has changed and now there is a yellow link that says "Posted Image"  I am curious because I had that problem with one of my images. I hope there isn't another image hosting issue that will start popping up the words "Posted Image" instead of being able to see the image!

P.S. By the way they are beautiful images

Thanks for your kind words Klainey ;)
Yes it looks like another image hosting site has bit the dust. From the way it looks, the file expires after a length of time. Thus the "posted image". Don't know of one now I can use. Will have to dig a little to fiind one.

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 05 September 2017 - 02:08 AM, said:

Cool... thanks, Mikaru.  ;)

Better see your Eye Doc about the floaters through, that could become a problem.

Posted Image

I was diagnosed with floaters back a couple of years ago. They actually have several ways of presenting themselves. I see like a thin film with dark dots. According to my optometrist, it's fairly common to have them as we age. I guess I fall into that category :)

It must be hard being you.
That's definitely unarguable Jim :)

Edited by EVP, 05 September 2017 - 02:39 PM.

My Signature
Posted Image
----Bertrand Russell----

#19 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:06 PM

I've had floaters my whole life. I've never known my vision way else
My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#20 Kristin

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:41 PM

[attachment=13323:received_1265988983420703.jpeg][attachment=13324:received_1265988650087403.jpeg]

These are very old photos of my Son and Father. I believe Spirits and other Beings can come in many ways!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

• GGG
Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com