15 replies to this topic

#1 BrxGhostWriter

BrxGhostWriter

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 07:29 PM

My great-grandma died last September (she was 95), and she didn't have Alzheimer's, but she wasn't totally "with it" mentally. She was confused about being in a nursing home and very worried about her belongings. She wasn't in the nursing home long before she died, but they had to move her things out of her apartment, so my grandma, her sister, and my mom divided great-grandma's things up and had a rummage sale for the smaller things (my grandma had lots of little rummage sale knick-nacks). My mom got my great-grandma's organ.

Anyway, when she died I was kind of worried that in her confused mental state, she wouldnt' know how to cross over or that she wouldn't undrestand that she's dead, but I hoped great-grandpa would be there to help her.

Well, a month ago, my mom told me that she thought great-grandma was at her house. My mom saying something like this is somewhat shocking. She grew up in a haunted house, but she rarely talks about it and she never watches paranormal shows, and it just isn't something she discusses.

She told me about a few strange things that happened in the months after great-grandma died, and they are not normal things that happen in that house. I suggested that great-grandma was attached to her organ--it was the one thing she asked me about repeatedly when she was in the nursing home--she wanted to check in and make sure it was okay. And, maybe she wanted to make sure my mom was okay. But, the strange things stopped, so mom thought she had left.

A couple weeks ago, she told me she thought grandma was back. She had dropped this ceramic apple that grandma had painted for her and the stem broke off. Mom thought to herself, Well, should I just throw it away? Should I try to find some glue to fix it?  Then one of her cabinet doors swung open--not something any of her cabinets have ever done before, so she took that as a sign that she should definitely fix it. A few other things have happened as well.

So, I am wondering again, did grandma cross over okay or did her mental state cause her to be trapped here? Or, is my mom imagining things? I don't really think she is, but you never know, I guess. If grandma is trapped here, how can I help her? Also, my mom likes the idea of having her around.

Does anyone have any experience with situations like this?

Thank you for reading this,
Nicole

#2 Mikah

Mikah

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 284 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:03 PM

Awwww, Nicole I'm sorry about the passing of your great-grandma. I say passing as I am sure your great-grandmom has crossed over. Mind you I am not an expert here or anything, but have had experience in things like loved ones and visits.

My bet is that once your great-gram's soul left her body her dear husband was there to help her cross. As far as being attached to "things" I know that can happen, but certainly I think your great-gram found out her organ would be taken care of.

Nicole, our loved ones can visit. It doesn't mean they are trapped. They can pop around now and again. Like your mom with the porcelain apple probably she was thinking of her grandmom fondly and she gave her a little message to fix that apple. LOL She may visit her organ, but I'd bet she is not stuck. Just from my experience my loved ones they'd pop around more frequently when they first passed. Every now and again they still do but I believe they are busy. However if you need them I trust they are there for us.

Again, it's just me, and my belief. My experience. You can always say some prayers to be sure your great-gram has crossed. Perhaps tell her that her organ is well taken care of, and she needn't worry. Pray for her soul and your great-grampa's and I do believe they are just fine.

Nicole, isn't it weird how other generations people wouldn't speak about "things". My mom is like that. Don't talk about it and it will go away. LOL Or heaven forbid ya speak of it and someone labels you out of your mind. Different times back then I think. May you find peace as well knowing your GG is safe and happy. Again, I'd bet she's with her husband and all is going smooth. Don't be dropping any of her ceramics though. LOL Hope this helped a little.

#3 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,050 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:54 AM

I believe that when it comes to things like alzheimers, it's a flaw of the body/brain, which the soul works through. When the soul separates from the body at death, it should not be affected by the flaws of the body. But I think it is possible that there could be initial confusion by the soul in it's new state, especially after being inside a body that wasn't functioning properly
Posted Image

#4 champell

champell

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Interests:Children<br />Animals<br />Nature<br />Ghosts<br />History

Posted 01 July 2008 - 06:43 AM

QUOTE(Vlawde @ Jul 1 2008, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe that when it comes to things like alzheimers, it's a flaw of the body/brain, which the soul works through. When the soul separates from the body at death, it should not be affected by the flaws of the body. But I think it is possible that there could be initial confusion by the soul in it's new state, especially after being inside a body that wasn't functioning properly

Great answer Vlawde!

Champell

#5 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:19 AM

Vlawde is very much right.  So is Mikah.

Most of the time what happens is that as part of that dementia the person's true being/soul spends more and more time at Home with their loved ones while their body is still alive and there is a whole host waiting to bring that person home when their body finally dies.  I have experienced this more than once... my mother works as a home health aide to memory care patients... and I have gone through it in my own family.  Even though they don't seem to be "all there", their soul is whole and healthy within their bodies.  I'm sure you saw this in little moments where she was absolutely clear before going back to confusion.  It is not a cognitive issue, it's an issue of their physical brains not being able to work properly and process things properly.  It's not the same thing as mental illness that can affect the soul as well.

I think your great-grandmother made it Home safely and has come back to visit her beloved granddaughter because your mother is sensitive enough and aware enough that she could visit her.  I don't think your great-grandmother is attached to her organ but I do think it's likely that she'd play with/around her organ to alert your mother to who she is beyond a shadow of a doubt and she's probably saying "it couldn't have gone a better place" or "I'm so very glad you've got this reminder of me".
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#6 shonalynn

shonalynn

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts
  • Interests:Nachos, beer, football.

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:25 AM

I agree with Vlawde 100% (shhh don't let that get around)
I guess there really isn't more that I can add!
I'm on Facebook!

#7 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,050 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE(shonalynn @ Jul 1 2008, 08:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with Vlawde 100% (shhh don't let that get around)
I guess there really isn't more that I can add!

You're wrong!!!    wink.gif
Posted Image

#8 BrxGhostWriter

BrxGhostWriter

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:59 AM

Whew! I can't tell you how comforting all of your responses have been. Seriously. You have all made me feel so much better about this; I honestly didn't know what to think about whether or not a person's memory/mind flaws could affect how a soul passes. There were times when she seemed to not really be there at all--like I was talking to a shell that used to be my great-grandma, so it scared me; I knew she didn't have much time left, and I was worried that she wouldn't get to the light. I did pray about it a lot that her husband and my other great-grandparents would be there to help her. TK is right--there were times when she was remarkably lucid, so it was all in all kind of confusing for me.

I'm also glad to hear that some of you seem to think that she really might be visiting my mom--checking in on her, because my mom definitely thinks that. My great-grandma was an artist--water colors mostly, and various crafts, so we all have lots of things that she made--my mom's house especially.

So, once again, all you Ghoststudy members came to the rescue---you answered my questions and educated me (and the rest of us) about what happens to the soul/spirit of people who are in a confused mental state when they did. I really appreciate it and I can't express my thanks enough!!

Nicole

#9 Amethyst

Amethyst

Official Ghoststudy Psychic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 06:51 PM

One must remember the soul is only housed in a shell.  The body has to cease to function to release the soul so that it may cross over.  This can be natural death; murder, suicide, whatever, but the brain and heart need to stop working so that the soul can move on.

It is my belief that a mental illness or being senile is a "human" characteristic.  It is like having cancer, a broken leg, diabetes or a heart attack.  The brain is diseased and is not functioning properly.

Most Spiritualists believe that when a person becomes senile that they are more on the other side than here.  It is the same with coma patients and those with alzheimers.  Most believe the soul is connected by what is termed a silver cord or thread that allows us to astral project and/or have OBEs.  The soul can float around and leave the body so to speak, but returns.  So when one suffers from being mentally incapacitated it may not be uncommon for them to "float about" and leave the restricted realms of their mental state and play on the astral plane.

I feel like your Grandmother did cross over peacefully, and she understood death and dying and was ready to go.

She may return just to assure the others that she made it and she is fine.  I do not feel like she is a discarnate soul who is earthbound.

Once we leave the human body we also leave some human characteristics and limitations.  We no longer feel fear, pain, sadness or any negative human emotion.  We shead those.  Once we reach the other side we have to go through what is known as orientation.

I had a woman call me a few weeks ago and said....my mother died TODAY...can we contact her? Picture 483.gif   Ok, so I knew she didn't get it and did not understand the whole process, but I said to her, I know you are anxious, but for goodness sake, can you let her get settled over there first???!!!!  She's fine.  Relax.

I tried to tell her, listen, if you went away for a romantic weekend with your husband and you KNEW your grown kids were fine, would you want to get a phone call when you you had just unpacked and stepped into the hot tub or just walked out on the beach from one of your kids?  It's the same thing.  One day to them is like 50 years to us.  Mom is ok.  She doesn't need to "talk" to you right this minute.  Geesh!

We grieve and cry and carry on in our human fashion.  THEY kick up their heels and say whoopie!  I made it!  They have to get adjusted to being out of a body; visit with other crossed over loved ones and have their assessment done with their guides.  They are busy!  If you're a mom, you know how it is when a kid follows you around constantly trying to get your attention or whining and saying mom over and over again.  We may love them, but when one is trying to do something it is annoying to have that needy kid nagging the snot out of you when there is nothing wrong with them, they just want attention.

So don't fret about grandmother or those who cross.  They are fine.

Amethyst
IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED THEN SKYDIVING IS NOT FOR YOU!

ADVICE, WHEN MOST NEEDED, IS LEAST HEEDED

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer it gets to the end the quicker it goes!

"A heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" said the Wizard of Oz to the Tin Man.

#10 BrxGhostWriter

BrxGhostWriter

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:37 PM

Thank you so much Amethyst for taking the time and energy to respond so thoughtfully to my post. It means a lot to me that you did this and reassured me that my great-grandma is fine. When she died, I felt like she was ready, and I hoped she would cross over fine, and I prayed for it, but when my mom mentioned these things, I just got a little worried that she was earthbound.

Thanks again to everyone---you are great, and I do feel so much better--and I learned something. smile.gif

Nicole

#11 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 04:15 AM

Some really good advice here about the other side and worth the read.

I would like to add a funny story about my friend and what happened when her mother passed. My friend's brother-in-law wasn't very nice :kick: when her mother died. He wanted a kitchen hutch that he made for his mother-in-law and made nasty comments how he knew he would get the hutch back in pieces. Not offering to pick anything up, he left the transportation of the hutch and other things to my friend!

We took great pains to ensure everything was packed properly. Even separating the top of the hutch from the bottom to make it a secure load, my partner even strapping the loads down with trucky straps.

We drove in front of my friend's son with another load of furniture going to her sister and brother- in- law.   We kept looking in our review mirror to make sure everything was OK; only to see the top of the hutch fly off onto the side of the road :fright: :confused: :sick:

It was like you could see this freak wind gust pick up the top and toss it off... we were all :headlbash: :hug: sure it was her mother, not happy with the son-in-law and having the last say! That or he jinxed himself :show:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#12 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 18 August 2018 - 07:13 AM

Karma at its finest!!!
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#13 daphnerose

daphnerose

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 03:31 PM

Goodness sake.  I'd say it was a spiritual smackdown!

#14 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 06:08 PM

Yes me too lol.  Of all the things to fall off !
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#15 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 19 August 2018 - 11:12 AM

What a nasty son-in-law, what was he thinking (though probably not) about being so rude. Seriously, the vibes you put out come back to you three-fold. The mother-in-law was perhaps saying: :whoops: :P

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#16 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 07:00 PM