#1 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,282 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:36 AM

Posted Image

Have you heard something that has gone bump in the night or had an uneasy feeling? Just to grab the camera and take random pictures, of poor quality! :( If so keep reading to capture better pictures :)

Here are some basic suggestions to avoid contamination when taking a picture:
  • Make sure the lens on the camera is clean and lint free.
  • Avoid getting camera straps, hair, smoke or breath across the viewfinder.
  • Take three pictures in a row so you have a base image and two other images to compare.
  • Note the environmental conditions, humidity, moisture in the air etc.
  • Have your camera show its time and date.
  • When possible turn on all the lights and take a panoramic picture of the area in question so you have something to compare. ( individual overlapping images to make up a panoramic view of the area)
  • Put your camera on a tripod or use the self-timer and a stable surface to take a picture.
  • Keep track if you use a Flash or include Exif data :yes:
Some simple rules when reviewing data:
  • The very best picture to upload would be a full-sized, original, untouched copy of the image for us to analyze.
  • Don't spend too much time on any individual picture.
  • Be sure to note the whole content within the picture, don't just focus on what might have caught your attention.
  • Look at every picture with an open nonparanormal mind before looking to the paranormal.
  • Share your pictures with  (US) :innocent0005:  for peer review.
  • Be objective ;)

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#2 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts
  • Interests:photography, anomalous audio recordings & enigmas.

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:25 AM

Thanks Klainey for posting this. I appreciate the effort including controls and scrutiny.

Edited by EVP, 21 September 2017 - 04:26 AM.

Posted Image
"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt" - Mark Twain

#3 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,282 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:57 AM

Cheers :D
Posted Image

#4 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:41 AM

Um yeah Do NOT use panoramic view :no: that stitches multiple images together and is highly prone to producing anomalies. Just take a lot of pictures covering an area :yes:

Oh and keep track if you use a Flash or atleast include Exif data :yes:
- siguie -

#5 HotSpot24

HotSpot24

Orb

• GS Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:55 AM

View Postsiguie, on 21 September 2017 - 08:41 AM, said:

Um yeah Do NOT use panoramic view :no: that stitches multiple images together and is highly prone to producing anomalies. Just take a lot of pictures covering an area :yes:

Agreed. :) Panoramic on my camera isn't very good anyway.

#6 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,630 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:59 AM

Excellent list with some great points... thanks for posting, Klainey!
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#7 Kristin

Kristin

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:01 PM

I have a question to ask. Why is lightening or cropping your photos a no no? I have a lot of pics and I didn't know that others look down on that. I have lightened a lot of them to see what's  in the pic better. It doesn't change what's  there it make easier to see it. At least that's what I think!

#8 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:18 PM

View PostKristin, on 21 September 2017 - 03:01 PM, said:

I have a question to ask. Why is lightening or cropping your photos a no no? I have a lot of pics and I didn't know that others look down on that. I have lightened a lot of them to see what's  in the pic better. It doesn't change what's  there it make easier to see it. At least that's what I think!

The algorithm that are used tend to be Raster Graphic manipulation which means it's operating on the individual pixels and can generate new shapes and images that cannot be algorithmically reversed. Think of it like lightening the image to the point that everything is white, by using the darkening option you cannot go back to your original mage because information has been lost, you can only undo the operation before you save the image.

This means if you show us an "altered" image not only do we not know what the original was we don't know if maybe there was information lost when you processed it. :no:

On the other hand if you use an image format like RAW, or Tiff and a proper graphics editor for those images you can do quite a bit more with no loss of image information.

Edited by siguie, 21 September 2017 - 03:19 PM.

- siguie -

#9 Kristin

Kristin

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:21 PM

Thank you now I understand wish I knew that before all the pics lol!!!

#10 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:01 PM

Learning is fun :yes: think about all the joy you'd miss if you knew everything :banana:

By the way Kristin I notice you have lots of things going on why not start a general background post and branch off from there. I've seen some of your posts and they are mostly presenting something with a request for feedback and no other information. I pieced some bits together like about your husband {my condolences} and your son and some vague statements of the history and who saw what etc. It would be easier to understand if we had your background stories first and THEN be presented with images/audio/video so we have some ideas of what's going on and what we might be looking for :yes:

And now back to our regularly scheduled Klainey bashing ....

Yo ghostghurl ... "Be subjective, not reactive." ... srrsly is this some twisted Strayanese engrish muck up 'cuz I'm purty sure the wurd you was looken for is "objective" but then I isn't that familiar with yer backwater hemispherical idioms.

:bunny:
- siguie -

#11 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:31 PM

View Postsiguie, on 21 September 2017 - 05:01 PM, said:

... And now back to our regularly scheduled Klainey bashing ....

Yo ghostghurl ... "Be subjective, not reactive." ... srrsly is this some twisted Strayanese engrish muck up 'cuz I'm purty sure the wurd you was looken for is "objective" but then I isn't that familiar with yer backwater hemispherical idioms.

OMG... Posted Image

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#12 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,282 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:21 PM

View Postsiguie, on 21 September 2017 - 08:41 AM, said:

OK, I mean as in individual overlapping images to make up a panoramic view of the area. I will change and make point of the flash  and the Exif data. Thanks for the input :D

View Postsiguie, on 21 September 2017 - 05:01 PM, said:

And now back to our regularly scheduled Klainey bashing ....

View PostMacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 21 September 2017 - 05:31 PM, said:

OMG... Posted Image

Siguie Posted ImageBeing a nurse I know all about subjective and objective . I meant to be aware of the OP feelings which are subjective and for the OP not to overreact if someone doesn't agree with their beliefs ( reactive) But I could change it just write up something and I will change it ;)
Posted Image

#13 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:50 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 21 September 2017 - 06:21 PM, said:

OK, I mean as in individual overlapping images to make up a panoramic view of the area. I will change and make point of the flash  and the Exif data. Thanks for the input :D

"Paranormic" imaging copyright siguie shortstrider all rights reserved :D  Um yeah just say fully document/photograph the entire area. :yes:

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 21 September 2017 - 06:21 PM, said:

Siguie Posted ImageBeing a nurse I know all about subjective and objective . I meant to be aware of the OP feelings which are subjective and for the OP not to overreact if someone doesn't agree with their beliefs ( reactive) But I could change it just write up something and I will change it ;)

Oh wow good to know :yes: over here on the good hemisphere our nurses know about basic medicine and taking care of patients :yes:

Um so yeah what you said makes no sense and what you meant to say well pretty much matches so good job :whistling:

Of course if you just changed "subjective" to "objective" ...1. (of a person or their judgment) not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts.   ... it makes more sense AND even if that's not what you meant to say well it makes better sense than that Strayan nonsense :yes:

- siguie -

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users