10 replies to this topic

#1 MadameCorbak

MadameCorbak

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Too many things... :)

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:12 AM

Hello, I'm Valy and I'd love to share with you a picture I've shot to a local cemetery.

I've taken 4 pictures of the same place because I love photography, and gradually, something appeared on the left side of the pics, it's the more visible on the 4th. I dont know what it is, but I can see several things, which I've put a red circle around. I've shown it to friends who see something else out of the circles... Anyway, I dont know what it is, maybe it's just light reflections... Anyway I want your opinions. I join the part of the pic I'm talking about with one of the full pictures (I dont know how to make smaller versions that you click on for the full view... sorry). The location of the strange thing is on the far left.

I'm shared between entity or reflection...

Thanks. :)

Valy.

Posted Image

Some editing done with contrasts/lights:
https://scontent-b-a...973826566_n.jpg

Full pictures in gradual order:
https://scontent-a-a...193299657_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphoto...901053616_o.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphoto...040388350_o.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphoto...965138725_o.jpg

#2 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:37 AM

The portion on the cross seems unchanging to me throughout the images. It appears to be some type of growth on the stone. Lichen, moss or mold for instance.

#3 MadameCorbak

MadameCorbak

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:44 AM

The first picture is a bad link: https://fbcdn-sphoto...193299657_o.jpg

On the first pic, there's nothing at all on the cross.

#4 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:09 AM

Looks like someone took a rock and scratched it on the circled areas of the cross.
Posted Image

#5 Ectoplazzum

Ectoplazzum

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:19 PM

I doubt very seriously that it's anything paranormal.  In the original pic there is an even larger blurry area on the monument to the far right of the picture.  If I were going to question anything, THAT would be the area that would have caught my eye, not the two tiny spots on the large monument in the center of the pic.  Even so, I still doubt that it's anything paranormal.  The two spots in question (in the circles) look to be either large-ish insects or perhaps an insect and a small bird that happened to be flying by and got caught in the picture.  In any case, paranormal activity or not, cemeteries are very cool places to take pics.  There's just something so beautiful about them, even though they are what they are.

#6 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:11 PM

Some interesting Pareidolia :)

Posted Image

#7 InquiringMind

InquiringMind

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:Cats, Paranormal Stuff, Computer Games, Gadgets

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:43 PM

These are beautiful pictures!  I can't comment on the paranormal part because I don't know a thing about photography, but they are beautiful!  What is the translation on the memorial?  Where the stones manmade or natural and brought from somewhere else?  They look like standing stones.  Sorry for going off topic, but they are incredible.
What now, Holmes?

#8 MadameCorbak

MadameCorbak

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:29 AM

Thank you for your answers. ^^

BTW, forgot to mention it, but english is not my first language, so if I do grammatical errors...

Yes, I also was doubtful and also thought of some Pareidolia (learned a new word, yay! ^^). Personally, like I've said above, I was either shared between entity or light reflections, especially since the pictures were taken at a few seconds of interval. Now? I still dont know. I'm still an amateur, and originally these pics were meant to be artistic (and I'm also a photograph amateur, lol), and cemeteries are one of my favourite place for this and to have a walk. (Thank you InquiringMind! That's very nice of you! ^^).

And since paranormal, especially ghosts, is also one of my passion, I thought, "why not, after all, these pics were taken in cemeteries!".

Anyway, thank you all for your answers. And just for the pleasure, I'd love to show you an awesome grave found in the same place. Nothing paranormal here, but it just was too awesome. I've just edited the pic a bit to make it prettier. (Sorry if that's OT, and that I happen to break a rule, please tell me) https://fbcdn-sphoto...714259316_o.jpg

Take care,

Valy. ^^

#9 MadameCorbak

MadameCorbak

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:34 AM

Oh, InquiringMind, this is a monument in fact in the cemetary gate, you see it as soon as you enter it.

Translation: (French is my first language, so I apologize if the translation is not 100% accurate.)

"Risen by the Caroloregian population and under the Auspices of the Communal Administration to the Childrens of Charleroi Victim of War." And just above it you can see a giant "1918" engraved.

Here. ^^

#10 Dazzled Dad

Dazzled Dad

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:54 PM

Couldn't it just be falling leaves? I mean...it looks like fall, considering the amount of leaves already lying around.

#11 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:43 PM

The bright areas circled in the image posted are very likely just  light shining through the tree leaves, and changing with the motion of the leaves. There are spots like this in other areas, as was mentioned already above, and are in line with the direction of the sun. It is always possible that debris could be blowing past and causing blurs like this too, especially in the images where it comes and goes, but the light shining through moving leaves could do this also.

With natural explanations like this available, it would require some other supporting evidence to make a case for something paranormal.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cemetery, tomb, ghost, analysis, unsure