• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Ectoplazzum

Ectoplazzum

Incubus

• GS Member
  • 891 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 08:10 PM

Hey all!  I have been a member here for YEARS but it has probably been about two years since I visited.  Where are all the new posts?  I went to Paranormal Photos and Videos and everything there is YEARS old!  Am I looking in the wrong place?  Help?

#2 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,474 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 23 October 2020 - 08:19 PM

Heya Ecto!  Forums are relatively slow. Far as I know the website, then gallery etc haven't been updated in a while. Klainey is holding down the fort, haven't seen Jim in at least a year
Posted Image

#3 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,171 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 02:42 AM

No you are looking in the right place; new posts can be found in the same old place "View New Content"! On the left  side make sure you don't have any of the "Other" group checked. I find this will return a "Sorry, no new content found"

Or right side on the main page you will see the "New Topics"  

Glad you dropped by Ecto; there are a few new posts but they have been far and few between.
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,171 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 03:01 AM

Screen image

Attached Files

Posted Image

#5 PIT leader

PIT leader

Succubus

• GS Member
  • 768 posts
  • Interests:ghost-hunting,videogames,metal and house music,horror films,comics

Posted 24 October 2020 - 06:05 AM

I was looking through old topics from way back in the mid 00s the other night and this forum seemed a lot more active then. We do seem to be having a bit of a "dry spell" at the moment too, possibly because people are focusing on the pandemic. I'm sure Halloween will see an uptake in posts, it usually stirs up a lot of interest here :)
We have such sights to show you!

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#6 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • 1,812 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 24 October 2020 - 07:01 PM

View PostPIT leader, on 24 October 2020 - 06:05 AM, said:

I was looking through old topics from way back in the mid 00s the other night and this forum seemed a lot more active then.

Sadly, for the last several years, there has been a growing trend where the populace have shifted their interest to other social platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Also, the avenue at one time was dominated by PC and laptops whereas now young people use cellphones almost exclusively. This didn't sink in until last year when a friends son was filling out an online questionnaire for summer employment. He was scrolling to the left and the right to tick the check boxes. I told him, "You know it would be a lot easier to work with that on the computer in the other room." His reply, "Why would I use a computer when I can do it on a cellphone." My awakening transpired.

I've followed two ParaBoards "GhostVillage & TalkParanormal" for a number of years. Ghost Village run by Jeff Belanger (Author) use to be one of the LARGEST boards of its type. Nonetheless, both boards are very inactive. Quite frankly they're dead. I've seen recent posts on Ghost Village that haven't been replied to for over two years.

I encourage all of us to try to rope one of our friends to join ParanormalSoup and have your one friend do the same to their friend. We are responsible for its survival. Many of us have been here for over a decade. Please be proactive to ensure ParanormalSoup has a long and fruitful life. Klainey the MOST active admin can't do it all herself.

Respect  to all that care.

Edited by EVP, 24 October 2020 - 07:24 PM.

Posted Image

#7 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,474 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 25 October 2020 - 08:02 AM

I know what you mean about cellphones and computers, but I don't understand it. It's so much easier on a PC to do most stuff on the internet, and many sites have more features that may not be on the mobile version.

Phones are so small, and it takes forever to type a post on that little keyboard when I can type on a PC keyboard and be done in less than half the time.

Since the pandemic started, we've been using DoorDash at least several times a week, and if I try to find something that sounds good using the app, what's visible on the screen is limited, and I have to do a lot more scrolling. On my PC I can see more options at a glance,

Yeah, we do need to try and rope more people into coming here
Posted Image

#8 GothickangelCa

GothickangelCa

Apport

• GS Member
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:Artist, Blogger, Goth. Manga Comic Artist,
    Shamanism, Paranormal, Occult (Research Only), Astral Projection, Travel and Camping.

Posted 29 October 2020 - 06:05 PM

Ya I use my laptop. Easier. I do remember it being more popular back in the day. And the monthly gallery updates. I was in college when the site started up. I was on it alot in the free computer labs back then during my spares. There was no internet in my area yet at home.
I guess if you guys want more stories and stuff, I can start to copy and paste from my personal blog. Been slowly digitalizing stuff I've had in my journals since I was a teenager. ^.^

Light and Shadow. A place where the line is blurred between both worlds.

Nothing is as it seems. Shadow doesn't always mean evil and light doesn't always mean divine.

Posted Image

#9 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,171 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 10:18 PM

That would be interesting; maybe start it up in the blog section.
Posted Image

#10 WhispersInTheAttic

WhispersInTheAttic

Banshee

• GS Member
  • 150 posts

Posted 10 November 2020 - 03:31 PM

This section is very helpful. Thanks for using this platform still. I still continued to come here. To be honest, I don't really like social media and I hope this Forum never dies. I've been a member here for a few years now and always been the most helpful one.

Posted Image

#11 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 09:18 PM

its sad but true, the boards are a relic of the internet now. I often think of ways to try and inject some life into our community to get it buzzing again, but it would mean that we move to facebook, twitter etc. I am not as active as I would like to be and it saddens me when I come back that there's only a few of us left here :(
It's in the trees, it's coming!