9 replies to this topic

#1 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 03:13 PM

Seriously, should I just crawl into a hole and die? Because I got fired again today over piddly crud. I worked my butt off for this job, on call 24/7 when no one else answers their phone. The GM is getting wee drunk during Mardi Gras and can barely stand up while I'm working 15 hours a day. His little assistant steals my front desk clerk for Mardi Gras without talking to me first and leaving me to handle the desk during the busiest season we have so that the assistant can go out and catch throws. I'm getting in trouble for not telling him a guest thinks $22 was stolen from their vehicle when the only reason I hadn't told him yet was because the investigation wasn't complete.

If I didn't act fast enough to fire someone, he'd freak out if they made what he considers too many mistakes. He bad mouths the owner to the staff and to the franchise representatives.

I make several tries to better increase the communication between the departments and he tells me off for it saying that I'm supposed to go through him first when I was told that's what I was hired for in the first place. So how dare I ask the sales department for a proper BEO (Banquet Event Order) that includes all information including setup for the banquets instead of using the "event resume" they were using. what the heck? is an event resume? I worked in sales for years and have never seen anything so goshdarn stupid. The only thing it says? The contact information for the person, and the room and times they're in.

And how dare I try to get his assistant to use the alert function for things like parking rates, and special room requests, or use the DNM (Do Not Move) function so that something will pop up when the reservation is accessed to make it easier for the staff to know what's needed.

How dare I try to do what he hired me to do. Because HE didn't actually want any change, he just wanted to Love his assistant (pretty sure they are), and get away with feeling like he's king.

More than once he said to me "this is MY hotel, no one else, not even the owners. It's MY hotel, do you hear me? I will run it the way I want".

I talked to several former employees of the place and not one of them mention the owner as the problem whereas they ALL say that the GM is the problem because the GM is a total butt. I was told by all of them to watch him because he's a backstabber.

So I basically blew the cover on him on my way out letting everyone know whats going on via text. I even called and texted the owner to let him know. Yep, I burned a bridge. I don't give a Love. I'm tired of being walked on. Of being treated like dirt.

#2 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 19 March 2018 - 03:22 PM

Aw, I'm sorry you are having bad luck with jobs. But I'm proud of you for alerting the owner to this dudes jerkiness.
Posted Image

#3 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,390 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 19 March 2018 - 03:28 PM

Sorry to hear you've gone thru this. Hopefully, you'll find a job that fits and a boss that doesn't have his head up his butt.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#4 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,025 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 19 March 2018 - 04:09 PM

haha I hope you ran out of 'loves' to give! ;)

Sounds like you're better off not dealing with all that Rubbish. I'm betting you'll find something much better.
Posted Image

#5 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:09 PM

moiraesfate

Wow, there is too much stress and cruddy coworkers, you are much better out of that place.  LOL, maybe you will get a better job offer from your text to the owner ;)
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#6 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 19 March 2018 - 09:10 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 19 March 2018 - 08:09 PM, said:

moiraesfate

Wow, there is too much stress and cruddy coworkers, you are much better out of that place.  LOL, maybe you will get a better job offer from your text to the owner ;)
I agree with Klainey - watch for the owner to reach out to you. I would. You did the right thing so good for you!!!

#7 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:28 PM

THat's a terrible experience to go through and I'm sorry it's happened! I hope you find a supportive role soon that you're comfortable and happy at :D
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#8 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 20 March 2018 - 05:06 AM

So sorry you had to deal with that.  Burning bridges is sometimes a necessity to get the right actions started to fix the issues.  I am glad you reached out to the owners.  But, be prepared that they wont reach out to you.  As long as they are making money (they want per month) and not getting hassled by customers, they may not care the GM is a jerk.  If the day comes they have issues with him and saved or remembered your txt, they will contact you then.

I hope you find another job quickly and not have to deal with those kinds of people!!!
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#9 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,449 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 20 March 2018 - 04:57 PM

I'm sorry to hear about this, moiraesfate.  Praying that you find another job and that it's enjoyable.  Some places will hire anybody for a management position and this place sounds like it fits that description.  I'm sure you'll find something soon.  Chin up :)
Posted Image

#10 SpukiKitty

SpukiKitty

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 06:26 PM

Perhaps you should be self-employed.

Are you a good cook? Maybe you can cater or run a food truck.

Are you good at writing or art? Self-publish.
Posted Image