#1 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,025 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 29 May 2018 - 07:04 AM

When I look at the forums and see all the thread topics, the font looks different than it did before.Tweaking behind the scenes?
Posted Image

#2 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 07:37 AM

Yup! I blame Klainey :yes:

K honestly I dunno, I cannot find the old default theme in the "change theme" link ... the closest is test and I'm purty sure that's not it. Also the mobile one is carp and one other has a borked change theme link which makes getting back really tricky :wallbash:

So yup looks like Klainey was werkin :pleasantry:  on stuff :yes:

:bunny:
- siguie -

#3 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 07:48 AM

Yup there is some screwupiness in the themes :yes:

FYI: Do NOT try the Mobile Theme unless you are in an incognito window 'cuz it's git issues :down:

It looks like the default theme isn't listedn in the pulldown menu but it still works :yes: The main body font is font-family: Verdana, sans-serif so either it's a size change you are noticing or the font has changed on your computer 'cuz it's a standard on most systems so loads from your computer.

Well someone certainly needs to git right on this and spend a lot of time figuring out what she messed up :yes:

:bunny:
- siguie -

#4 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:07 AM

The font is different?I haven't noticed. I do notice the bars above the box where you text, are kind of funky Klainey needs to stop giving pooky treats while working behind the scenes.
Posted Image

#5 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 11:39 PM

No, I didn't touch the font at all. I only added the automatic slideshow banner that seems to be working. Our usual default is hidden until July then it will be back up.

And I didn't touch the mobile theme either can you give me any more info siguie? It seems to be working ok on my computer.  You need to go into the full version which takes you to the default theme from there you can get to the theme selection.

The screw-ups in the old themes weren't me either :New:there are many that aren't working.

But I was able to get test working.
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#6 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 11:53 PM

The test theme, siguie, was one of the themes that didn't work. I was able to get it to work. I used the test theme to test this theme that I have been working on to make sure it worked, before changing the code here.  I made this theme from an original parent default theme.

You will be pleased to know all the original themes are safe. :yes:
Posted Image

#7 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,025 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 30 May 2018 - 07:24 AM

The font appearance may have been a Chrome thing. It looked funny and yesterday, I just updated Chrome and it looks like it's normal
Posted Image

#8 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 02:13 PM

Huh that's a bit odd but I guess you never know ... there are generally only 5 fonts considered "web safe" and most webpages {including the default theme here} define fonts by "font-family" but I guess it's possible that maybe chrome failed to load the original font for some reason ... just seems odd :Picture 562:

Yo Klainey Do NOT test mobile themes on home computers :wallbash: try it out on mobile devices AND try using actual made for those devices watered down web browsers :yes:
  • The slightly darker light blue link is barely noticeable against the light blue background. Also keep in mind mobile browsers generally do not have pointers to hover over thangs so iffen you don't see it you probably are not going to click it.
  • Did you notice how every other theme here has a change theme link on the far left? On mobile devices people tend to zoom in to read text and far right or centered text {like the Full Version link} float off screen.
  • Why is "Full Version" of the mobile theme a borked version of the default theme that isn't available? Why not make it the change theme link like you know a logical hemisphere would.
  • Why is their a "default" theme that most people use {Apparently} not listed in "change theme"? It kinda makes going back to the default theme tricky :Picture 562: I mean it is there and will apparently spontaneously manifest itself in July for some no doubt Strayanese reason :whistling:

Oh and the SIlk browser doesn't like the mobile theme but it's a carp browser and I might have messed it up so that's just a "maybe" ... people using kindle fire tablets should hack it and use chrome anyways :yes:
- siguie -

#9 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:12 PM

View Postsiguie, on 30 May 2018 - 02:13 PM, said:

Huh that's a bit odd but I guess you never know ... there are generally only 5 fonts considered "web safe" and most webpages {including the default theme here} define fonts by "font-family" but I guess it's possible that maybe chrome failed to load the original font for some reason ... just seems odd :Picture 562: Yo Klainey Do NOT test mobile themes on home computers :wallbash: try it out on mobile devices AND try using actual made for those devices watered down web browsers :yes:

Ok, I just looked at the mobile theme code it shows the html and the ccs files have never been altered; so all I can think is it is the original code.
  • The slightly darker light blue link is barely noticeable against the light blue background. Also keep in mind mobile browsers generally do not have pointers to hover over thangs so iffen you don't see it you probably are not going to click it. Is this the area of the full version tab that you are talking about? Or the colour of the theme in general?
  • Did you notice how every other theme here has a change theme link on the far left?  Yes On mobile devices people tend to zoom in to read text and far right or centered text {like the Full Version link} float off screen. See that is where this is useful. On my phone using the mobile theme and on google the page doesn't zoom. I can only scroll up or down. It took me some time to work out how the mobile theme worked. I normally put it into the full version where it will zoom etc and the page looks how it looks on my computer and I know where things are.
  • Why is "Full Version" of the mobile theme a borked version of the default theme that isn't available? Can you send a screen image as I said the default theme looks like it does on the computer to me? Why not make it the change theme link like you know a logical hemisphere would. I don't think I have been on another forum on my mobile phone to be able to judge... maybe send me a link and I will check one out.
  • Why is their a "default" theme that most people use {Apparently} not listed in "change theme"? It kinda makes going back to the default theme tricky :Picture 562: Ok I will check into that. I am not too sure why; it was made visible and public. I mean it is there and will apparently spontaneously manifest itself in July for some no doubt Strayanese reason :whistling:
Oh and the SIlk browser doesn't like the mobile theme but it's a carp browser and I might have messed it up so that's just a "maybe" ... people using kindle fire tablets should hack it and use chrome anyways :yes:

Ok, I don't have that browser so not sure.
Posted Image

#10 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:37 PM

View PostVlawde, on 30 May 2018 - 07:24 AM, said:

The font appearance may have been a Chrome thing. It looked funny and yesterday, I just updated Chrome and it looks like it's normal

Glad it is all A-OK :D
Posted Image

#11 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 02:06 AM

Ok :D everyone should be able to find the "Default" theme in the Change Theme selection now :)
Posted Image

#12 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 04:53 AM

Hey what kinda carp are you trying to pull here ... you just renamed "test" to "Default" :angry22:

:th_sarcastic_blum:
- siguie -